Thursday session 9 Jan

2»

Comments

• Laura - shhhh, you've blown it now, that was another convert I thought I'd managed to sucker into the fold. he'll be gone by now.

what: PM. 6 miles recovery @ 6:55-6:44 pace

why: needed to de-stress after another blighted day (you know the feeling - why does work always get in the way?) and want to start getting the miles up again. also I'm going through an increasingly rare "good patch" and I'd better milk it while it lasts.

still feel mighty inadequate when there's folks out there doing speedwork on "hard- packed ice". now that is dedication - or total madness - or both. ;-)
  • Hello everybody peeps !

What : 1.5 mile run on the tread mill , I did want to do a real run outside but after falling flat on my bum on ice rules it out.

Why : Same old story , I was at the gym , so was the tread mill ...one thing led to another

Still musnt grumble , more than happy with a 7.44 minute mile ;))
  • You are all so dedicated....but then I'd rather be feeling a bit lazy than break my legs on the ice and not be able to run!

What - nothing today
    Why - too slippery outside, nearly broke my ankle going to post a letter in hiking boots earlier on today.....
    Last rest - yesterday, same reason!
    Last hard - Tuesday, speedwork (Ugh)

Tomorrow I'm hoping the ice may have melted a bit more so I can walk safely up to the heath where it's grassy and not so slippery, and do the 4 miles at marathon pace that the RW schedule demands of me....then it'll be rest on Saturday unless I'm feeling really energetic in which case I'll slip in a few extra miles slowly to make up for missing today and yesterday, then long run on Sunday!
  • what: xtrainer 5k
    why; Bad gut (well everyday it looks bad, but today it was misbehaving)

last rest: yesterday
    Last hard: monday
  • apologies Runner Bean - I've just twigged from the mention on another thread of your make-up running in the snow, that you're a she not a he, sorry. :-( reckon I was fooled by your well nifty 10K time.
  • what- 4miles v easy
    why - 2nd day back from injury
    would a thigh support help a hamstring injury ( it still feels as though its slightly niggling me)
    any thoughts anybody.
  • What: just a couple of miles at lunchtime
    Why: did a xc race yesterday and then consumed too much vino last night, so was feeling extra fragile today...

Last hard: yesterday
    Last rest: Tuesday
  • What: 5k on treadmill at lunchtime
    Why: An effort to keep up with my 1/2m schedule (ruined by weather and lack of time)
    Last Hard: Tuesday
    Last Rest: Yesterday (Is building a snowman considered cross training?)
  • drewdrew ✭✭✭
    Welcome back Wild Will.

What: 8.4 miles @ marathon pace
    Why: had planned to do 14 miles but felt right knackered so came home early.
    Last hard day: meant to be today
    Last rest day: Saturday
  • PM
    What: Full Body Strength Session, Gym, Plus 1 hour Body-Balance & 15 minute bike
    Why: Thursday Night ritual
    Rest as above, night all...
  • Hi Folks,

Well done Laura ! Don’t know how you keep warm running outside in the Lakes for 2 hrs in these temps and the snow.

Like Martin & Drew, feeling weary during this first week back at work and was very tempted to skip the session … but I rested yesterday so no choice really. First speedwork session for a while felt hard work.

What :- Treadmill, total 10 km on 1% incline doing Yassoo 800’s
    1 km warm up at 12 kph
    6 x 800 m at 16 kph with 3 min recovery at 10 kph after each piece
    1 x 400 m at 16 kph
    13 kph for a bit to warm down

Tullip – I find interval training on the Treadmill is the best way to banish the boredom – as well as watching TV

TTFN
  • Welcome back WW.

Blimey lots of quality training on here today and lots of talk of Horwill so.....

What: Horwill Alternating Pace 10K
    Why: Honestly was asking myself this when running through slush on the track.
    Last hard run: Today
    Last rest day: Monday.

Turned out OK, had to take a 3 min rest after 18 laps but got through the 10K in 38:27 (excluding the 3 min rest).
  • MM -

glad to see you're back with a vengeance! great time in the slush.
  • What: 8km treadmill @2% incline, starting slow, with faster Kms (sort of intervals, but not stressful)

Why: to see if my back is up to running yet - verdict "sort of" - the running was ok until I got to 16km/hr, but driving and sitting around have not been so jolly.

Then: a couple of miles with the club juniors, steady with a bit of gentle hill work.
    Why: regular commitment
  • yes, training again, properly this time.....

what am: 10km in 36:32minutes
    why: because i need some miles and i thought i was doing road run with the club tonight....but as it turned out
    and.....
    between this i cycled about four miles to and from the hairdresers. just slippin it in.
    and......
    what pm: club session, cut down because i have champ XC's on saturday, so i did 8*200m, 30 sec recovery. 'bout 30-32 seconds/200m.
    why: because the coach says and everybody knows he's the boss
    and.....
    then i went to the climbing wall for 1.5 hours. cos also on saturday i have the third round of the Irish Bouldering League. in which i hope to do well.

night all, i'm off to bed, and rest and dream of all the training i got done today.
  • hippo, youre not just any lazy cow...........youre a water cow, but not that lazy i thinks!
  • What: am easy rec run.

What: pm 12x400m 10K pace, 100m rec
    Why: To improve my 10K time & I need some speed. My/Cliff Temple training session's

opps: I forgot the fast 200m at the end
    Last hard: Tues
    Last rest: Fri

Not as cold tonight I managed to train without my hat.
  • Water cow, Like it
    Thought hippos were hosrses
  • Phil, you slacker, I see you missed out the 100 lengths in the pool you were supposed to do.

(good luck with your various challenges on Sat!)
  • I know a bit late,

what: Threshold session 6.4K 44mins
    last rest: yesterday
    last hard: today

Feel tired tongiht(last night), must have done this session properly. Also I ran more distance than usual.

KK: what's Body Balance?
  • Body Balance is a class held by my gym about 3-4 times a week. Combines aspects of stretching, yoga, Tai-Chi & pilates (alledgedlly). Follow the link for more info, most gyms use the body *fill this space here* class franchises.
  • Thanks for the link KK, sounds good & interesting. What do yo think of it?
  • I do it as a recreational thang really. Im not sure how valid it is as a form of flexibility training, as I've been doing it for about 2 months and dont really feel more flexible. Having said that, I find it relaxing, the other members of the class are good company, and the instructors nice, so I continue to invest my time in it.
  • Know what you mean, I do Body pump ( nothing to do with running), just because I like it, teacher is great and keep me motivated.I think I'd like to try Body Balance, I might have a word to the manager at the gym. We've got Body Step & Body Pump so that could be the next one!
    Cheers for the infos.