Grangemouth - Round the Houses

MM ✭✭✭
Hi

Has anyone done the Grangemouth Round the Houses before?? Is there a good mix of runners ie. not just elite ??

Comments

• Hello M,I'm a member of the club who is organising it and can tell you that its a great race for you to do with a good mix of runners. Almost 700 took part last year with the winner finishing in just under 31 mins and the last finisher in 1 hour 11mins.If you need any more information then check the clubs website www.falkirkvics.co.uk and go to the contacts page for e-mail adress's etc. Hope that helps a bit.
  • MM ✭✭✭
    Thanks for that info Eric. Still considering it - trying to get back to fitness after all the festivities!
  • i agree with Eric, i really enjoyed the race last year, nice flat course that lets you judge where your fitnees level is at.

go for it M.
  • This was my second ever 10k and for a while I thought it might be my last. I can't really compare it to much but I guess it was a reasonably straight forward course except for the climb at 3k which certainly knocked the wind from my sails. Good crowd and coditions. I just missed out on a sub 45 minute run by finishing in 45.02. I will train hard and be back next year. A most enjoyable day