Options

Rotterdam 2006

Comments

• Options

Yes, we've gone smart and HD. Our old one was taking longer and longer for the screen to start working, it was 35 minutes of sound only this morning! Not good when you need to distract a toddler... 

• Options
    Evening

6.5 mile club run tonight, Quad over the weekend planned.

Nice to have Mrs A home image
  • Options

Pleased she's back to keep an eye on you image

is that 4 in 4 days? .... Shakes head sadly..... 

Planned night ride was abandoned last night as most of the local road were under water at set off time! 

• Options
    Arrived in a sunny but very windy Kent for 4 days of social marathon running starting tomorrow. After the events of recent days it will be good to just get out and run a bit.

Will be up from Thurs-Sun next week, phys if you fancy a run out - will be a bit busy on Fri 2nd but otherwise free I think. No pressure with your work commitments etc but would be nice yo catch up.
  • Options
    As expected a very windy day on the Kent coast, as always it seems. 4 X 6.6 mile out and backs which were straight downwind (great) and straight into wind coming home (definitely not great). However a very comfortable 3:22 which was maybe a bit quick but was in 8th at the start of the last loop and finished 4th I think. The winner ran 2:51 and was gutted as he was aiming for 2:40.......no pleasing people. Different route on another bit of the Kent coast tomorrow and supposed to only be breezy tomorrow, not a full on hoollie. Good fun though and nice bling as always. #238
  • Options
    5 x 5.25 mile out and backs today along the Deal sea front, tad breezy but nothing like yesterday so an easier day, albeit on tired legs. Ran by feel and was another 3:22 which was quicker than planned or I really wanted. Great bling again though and nice to see some old friends as well. Deal again tomorrow but 2 long loops I think. #239.
  • Options
    Evening

2 x 13.1 mile loops today in horrible strong winds again. Felt really tough today in places, especially sections along the shingle and rough tracks. Anyway cracked on steadily and 3:28 was a great time given the conditions and day 3. One more tomorrow and then the long drive home. #240.
  • Options

I haven't had time to post and you have had time to run what must be 4 marathons by now! Your mental strength for all those out and backs and loops, day after day is amazing. 

A very bad exercise week here, weather, colds and work with teaching another training course this weekend. We did a short trailer ride on Friday with me towing, but thats it. Are you up Thurs morning? That's probably the best time for me, or the possibility of Sat Lunch time after my classes, 5 miles will be me longest distance I'm afraid though!! 

• Options

See I can't even keep count of your marathons, never mind your laps! 

• Options
    4th one was today, another windy day out on the Kent coast. Worked hard towards the end to get sub 3:30, just image #241

Not up until Thurs PM, so perhaps Sat might be best.....no more than 20 miles or so though.
  • Options
    Evening

5 miler on the treadie this afternoon - trip north tomorrow.
  • Options
    Morning

Out early in the dark this morning for a few miles through Shipley, Saltaire and the canal. Jane's Dad's funeral this afternoon, been asked to speak so putting some words together.
  • Options

I hope the day went as well as possible and that Jane feels her Dad has had a fitting send off.

Are you still thinking that you'd be available Saturday lunch for a run? 

• Options

i've been ill again this week... For a change.... But better today and managed a 12 mile bike ride with Physlet in the bike seat image

i should mention, I'm teaching 9-12.30 tomorrow, so would be free from 1sh to run. Could do any time I the afternoon but early probably better whilst Physlet naps... alternatively may be able to do something Sunday morning. 

• Options
    It went very well thanks phys.

We have quite a lot to sort out tomorrow so think I should be around for that. Perhaps early Sunday would be best.....no pressure though, if you want a lay in or family time.
  • Options
    Really enjoyed today thanks phys, nice route and great company.
  • Options
    Evening

Led a quick 8 mile tempo group last night.

Very dry and mild today, so got a good chunk of the remaining exterior painting done image

Seem to have another marathon at the weekend, so easyish running week planned.
  • Options
    Having said easyish miles, flew along for 7.25 miles this morning, oh well, felt comfortable.
  • Options
    Just over 6 brisk miles on the track tonight. Rest tomorrow, wet and muddy Marathon around a tank training area on Sunday.
  • Options

Good running Paul. I managed a night ride on Harden Moor, on Monday, made more exciting by thick fog on the top. Bright night lights just reflect back so visibility was very limited! 

Since then more illness has struck with Physlet getting an ear infection, and giving me the cold her got it from, image

• Options
    Well that was different, mud, sand, rivers and tank tracks. Felt crap this morning and could easily have given it a miss but hoping a good run out in the cold will have helped kill off the lurgy. Felt ok once we got going and was surprised, given the extra distance and condition underfoot, with a 3:27 for 11th overall and 1st AG. #242.
  • Options

Ooh Paul, did you sneak another marathon in? Sounds a toughie. Hope it does cure any lingering lurgies... 

All getting better here so we managed a little 10 mile ride with Physlet in the bike seat. unseasonably warm here! 

• Options

Morning

2 full rest days for me after Sunday's cold affected exertions which I don't think did it any favours. Anyway back on it today with a brisk 7.6 miler virtual Prague Marathon last 12k. Old times sake image

Appear to have a marathon double in Kent again this weekend.

• Options
    Sorry to hear you've had to rest Paul. At least you weren't trying to drag me along those last miles of Prague today! I have failed completely to exercise at all this week so far. The cold is lingering and We have a non-sleeping child again, making things very challenging. I'm sure it's just a phase but I'm hoping it's a short one!
  • Options

A lovely sunny and mainly wind free 26.9 miles along the sea wall at Samphire Hoe in Dover this morning. Ran easily and 3:22 for 2nd place was a decent reward. Great medal with the names of all 'The Usual Suspects' who ran today - one to keep and look back on in years to come when we are all too old and decrepit to run anymore. Same again tomorrow but will aim to be 30 mins or so slower hopefully. #243

• Options

Ooh Paul, did you sneak another marathon in? Sounds a toughie. Hope it does cure any lingering lurgies... 

All getting better here so we managed a little 10 mile ride with Physlet in the bike seat. unseasonably warm here! 

• Options

The echo is back.

• Options
    I've no idea why that happens sometimes, too many devices to check this on! I still don't have any exercise to report, but well done on your marathon and good luck for today.
  • Options

Thanks phys, deliberately slower day yesterday and 3:43 was great. Just spent the laps chatting with friends and having a chilled out time. 40th Marathon of the year which is slightly more than the 2 a month (ish) planned but hey ho. One more on New Years Eve. #244.

• Options

Steady 7.7 miler tonight with the club.