Rotterdam 2006

Comments

• 40 is a lot more than 2 a month! Well done though, must be lovely to jog around a marathon for 3:43. Though I k one you only get that by doing the 40 marathons a year, and I'm not doing that! 

• Some months there were 2..........

• Morning

Brisk 10k on the treadie this morning, giving myself an easy mileage week, it's Christmas.

• Well the tail end of Storm Barbara has arrived and it is orrible. Another warm 10k done on the treadie though and even Mrs A plodded out a few miles.

• A repeat of yesterday with treadies sessions from us both again today - keeping the miles ticking over.

• Merry Christmas. Busy day for us yesterday with a rucksack walk with some friends, then a family trip. Weather was remarkably mild yesterday, and we timed well to get the sun.

More sun today but I think we have the tail end of Storm Conor. It is very windy! Physlet and I nearly got blown over on the bike ride this morning. He wasn't that keen on the wind, on reflection we might have been better using the trailer.

• Evening

Cold run tonight with the club but 8.5 hilly miles cracked to surpass the 2500 mile target for the year - few more to do yet, especially as I appear to have a marathon double at the weekend to see out the old year and see in the new.

• Afternoon

Treadie sessions for Mrs A and I this morning and we are off to Kent tomorrow morning. 2 marathons for me and Mrs A is entered for the first day, but as it is a 6 hour challenge she can do as far or as short as she wants and be a 'finisher' - should think minimum HM maybe another lap on top of that. No pressure, just fun and a social weekend away with friends to see in the New Year.

• Arrived in a very foggy and chilly Dover, a bit of running tomorrow.

• Tough day out today with muddy conditions for 6 laps of effectively cross country and trail. 3:23 was too fast but finished 2nd overall. 41 marathons or longer for the year so just about spot on 2 a month.........

Another planned tomorrow but on a tarmac cycle track so hopefully a bit easier.

Happy New Year.

• Easy run today with Guy and Peter, I dragged them around 13 wet and windy laps of a large cycle track in 3:55. Hard to really enjoy it in the poor weather but we got the job done. Travelling home tomorrow from Dover. #246.

• Happy New Year! Here's to an exciting 2017 for you. Well done on another crazy marathon total for the last year. What was your final mileage tally overall?

i have had a very poor few weeks. I have a niggly knee injury which is stopping me running. It was worse after our run together. I don't even know where it came from, I think it must be related to all the sitting and kneeling I do with Physlet. Cycling doesn't seem to bothear it as much, but a busy social schedule has stopped much of that. 

We we did get out today however, 16 miles using the trailer rather than the bike seat as it was so cold. I forgot how much harder it is! 

• 2539 miles in 2016, down on 2015 but I wasn't targeting anything.

• Evening

A nice brisk 8.25 miles tonight, cold but good conditions for some steady miles.

• Evening

A nice 7.6 miler on the treadie this morning - mileage gently ticking over.

• Morning

A brilliant but cold morning but 7.3 miles dodging the ice all done.

• Good regularl mileage Paul. Cycle commute for me a could of days ago, but I was foiled yesterday with another door lock emergency which meant I had to rush in early. 

• Not great. I'm finding it really frustrating. i daren't run with it, but really want to get back in to it. There always seems to be some thing in the way now. My plan was to at least get some cycling done by commuting, but I didnt even manage that this week. Hopefully tomorrow.... 

• Fingers crossed, I hope it wasn't down to our run together or I will be in troubleimage

A very wet afternoon here so treadmill pressed into service again and a quick 7.6 miles done (and a few also for Mrs A). Keeping the mileage ticking over as this looks like it is going to be a busy marathon year (last year down south before the emigration north so got to make the most of it). Hopefully I can end 2017 somewhere close to 300 and the world ranking list.

• Afternoon

Another steady effort this morning, 8.3 miles for the log.

• Evening, I did write a post but it seems to have disappeared.... Maybe it'll "echo" back at some point. 

I did manage the cycle commute today, soa few bike miles for the log. 

My knee was hurting before our run, but just niggling, but then built up to more then a niggle over Christmas, so I stopped running. I'm on some anti-inflammatories now as I think it's a bursitIs. It's feels great right now, which kind of confirm my diagnosis. Maybe a course of these will sort it,.... 

Jealous of all the hundreds of new year runners I'm seeing everywhere. image

• Decided to break with Sunday tradition and treat myself to a rest day today. 

• Morning

After a rest yesterday I was out early for a lumpy 10.7 miles of Dorset lanes - great way to start the week. Even managed to time it so that I was back before the heavy rain started.

• Evening

A brisk 8.25 miler tonight with the club.

• Morning

A nice 10k on the treadie this morning, now waiting for whatever the weather brings tomorrow. Hopefully it will be rain or sleet for us poncey Southerners as I'm planning to drive to Kent on Friday for a double over the weekend. One flake of snow and the road system will be chaos.

• Still not a good exercise week for me. Weather getting in the way of my limited opportunities. Its definitely not a day to cycle today, I could barely manage to push the pram up the hill!

Good luck for the weekend, both the running and the travelling! 

• Not too horrendous a drive to Kent and have arrived safely. Going to be a sunny but very cold trail marathon tomorrow and then a milder but wet affair on Sunday. The good news is I have made it in one piece and it looks like both events are going to happen. I must be mad.

• Evening

Another 6 laps around the marathon route and it was nicely frozen (v slippy though) for 2 of them and then very muddy for 4 as the thaw set in. Not as cold as expected but pretty damn chilly nevertheless. 2nd place in 3:22 (the same as New Years Eve) so consistent if nothing else.

Being sensible I took the decision to defer my entry for tomorrow to a later event - forecast is for snow/sleet/rain/ice and I don't fancy another same 6 laps in that and then the fun of trying to drive home in it. So bomb burst back to tropical Dorset (5 deg C) this afternoon after finishing. Glad to be home and to have escaped the worst of the weather.