Options

Rotterdam 2006

1171417151716171717181720»

Comments

• Options

Afternoon

By the look of the photos and race reports I made a good decision about Sunday and didn't miss much, apart from getting soaked and slipping around in the ice/sleet/rain for 3-4 hours.

6.2 miles done on the treadie this morning. Collected my '250 Marathon' shirt at the weekend so had better crack at least another 3 then. No more booked for Jan though at present.

• Options

Morning

A fast 8.6 miles last night with the club, my fast group is growing and getting all London focused now.

• Options

7.6 miles on the treadie this morning. Keeping it ticking over nicely.

• Options

Sorry for the silence, I've been sulking as I can't seem to exercise at the moment. I out myself on anti-inflamms for 7 days, which got rid of my knee pain completely, which kind of confirmed the bursitis diagnosis, but then the pain has come back as soon as I stopped them image Its better but not right, so still no running, I can't stay on the pills as they"re not agreeing with my guts. So, no running, but I did have a go on the rollers today, I've not been on them since I got pregnant, and it took me 20 minutes of my 30 minute session to let go of the support and get both hands on the handlebars! Its all set up now though, and not weather dependent so hopefully I can get a bit of fitness on that while my knee recovers. 

Well done on the marathon by the way, and the decision not to do the 2nd. You are getting slightly more sensible in your old age!!

• Options

Sorry to hear about the continued niggle, don't worry about the fitness it will still be there. 

Pretty baltic this morning, -3C and a fair bit of ice on the country lanes. Stayed upright though and now thawing out after a quick 7.25 miles, sunshine was lovely but no warmth in it.

Actually have 2 weeks before the next marathon, but then it gets busier. Going to make the most of retirement and our lady year down south to perhaps even reach the 300 this year.......perhaps even the fairly rare 52 in 52. Early days but maybe.

• Options

Ok, so I take it back, you're not getting more sensible in your old age. 52 in 52?! image

Not Baltic here, really quite mild so I managed the slightly longer cycle commute. 

• Options

A very cold track session tonight and 8 miles done. 

• Options

After an excellent session last night I am enjoying a running rest day today, doesn't happen that often but nice to have a break. Still very cold but supposed to wam up to tomorrow PM. Am pacing a 1:38 half marathon training group tomorrow AM so going to need to wrap up warm and dodge any icy patches.

• Options

Morning

Lovely run in the cold sunshine this morning with a decent group - 1:37 for 13.1 so pacing job done and all got around with only 1 struggling towards the end.

i think the thaw is arriving nowimage

• Options

Well done Paul. Excellent pacing duties. It's been cold here too today, but we got a bike ride in with Physlet in his trailer for warmth. Just 10 miles but possibly worth a bit more dragging the trailer through mud for some of it! 

• Options

Well done on the bike miles phys.

Cold and very foggy here this morning, with the visibility only just improving. Took the safe option this morning and did 7.6 brisk treadie miles in the warm.

• Options

Evening

A cold and foggy 9 miles tonight with the club.

• Options

Afternoon

Like a skating rink outside so more treadmill miles this morning, just a 10k but all counts. 50 treadie miles for the month.

Hoping the thaw will start soon.

• Options

Ditto here this morning, but I managed 45 miles on the rollers. Let go from the start this time, and only fell off once! 

• Options

Minutes not miles....! image

• Options

Morning

Rest day yesterday but back on it early this morning wth 7.6 miles all done by 0730. Breakfast tasted that much better.

• Options

Afternoon

First outside run since Tues this morning and an easy 9 miler with the club. Nice to not be worried about the ice. Steady month but at least over the 200 mile mark today with a few more days to come.

• Options

Evening, i managed early exercise yesterday as well, just 25 minutes of rollers done by 8.30, all I had time for, but better than nothing. Busy work weekend, but finished now. Hope we can fit a trailer ride between the showers tomorrow. 

• Options

Wondering if watching ninja warrior counts exercise..... ? 

• Options

Morning

A damp and hilly 9.3 miler this morning.

• Options
    Not sure what has happened here phys - seems to have migrated to a new RW website which doesn't work. We seem to be back in Jan for some reason.

I hate to say it but this may be the time to let this thread shuffle gracefully into retirement...........we can stay in contact via FB of course (or migrate to Fetch?)

I don't use the dreadful RW for anything else.
  • Options
    I haven't even been able to get on for days! I don't like change! You could move to my village instead, as a stepping stone to going further north? I agree,   But it don't use FB really except for work. Can we message through there without it being on my page?  Or Fetch coud work, I still use that as my log...
  • Options
    And what is that awful icon I have by my name? 
  • Options
    fi fifi fi ✭✭✭
    what happened to this thread ??