Friday session 10 Jan

2»

Comments

• Hello all, you can tell it's January - look at all these posts on the training thread. Well, I'm back from holiday in Portugal. About to head out into the cold for the first time in what seems like ages (it was mild for months!) On Monday and Tuesday I was running on the beach. Wednesday I rested, Thursday I travelled and now it's time to face the winter...

Feel very post hols, blobby etc... But New Year Resos are typed up, last drop of alcohol for 10 weeks will be consumed this weekend, and the serious training for Connemara begins...
    What: 1 hour run, HR at 85% for 20 mins, some hills etc..
    Why: Monday was easy; Tuesday was speed sesh...then two rest days so need to get out there and get the HR going...

Good luck Laura. They must be fast if you're the slowest!

Legless - are you on, or off the fags...and what about the wagon, are you hopping on with me and Wolfy?
  • What Snicks, you sneaked off to Portugal without telling anybody? You haven't missed much, mianly people moaning about civilisation grinding to a halt due to half an inch of snow, oh and the hard boys getting up to 3 training sessions a day just to keep the rest of us on our toes.
    And what's got into the forum, another well documented wine lover on the wagon? Am considering reporting you both to the moderator.
  • What: 45 mins on treadmill, would have run outside as I had my newer but filthy running shoes in car but no suitable top.
    Why: Yesterday's mucked up session run today
    Last hard: Tuesday
    Last Rest: Wednesday

• 4 miles(akak pedometer)
    Apparemtly took 45 minutes
    So much for speedwork
  • Laura...I've got to do it this time. I've told everyone. However, you'll pleased to know that I'm having my last drinking night out tonight to see a friend's band. A kind of liquid last supper. However, been on the phone, messin' about and haven't been out for my run yet. As for Portugal. I posted a message on the connemara thread whilst on hols - now that's sad. The hols was a kind of Christmas pressie, very nice it was too. (I know!)

Three sessions a day, and time to post messages on the forum...what, is this some sort of secluded running order for Brother Drew, Achilles, Tim etc? They don't speak, just run, chant, type messages on the forum and eat nothing but energy gels... Can I join?
  • hi,

what , speed (!) session. Im following the rw half marathon plan at the moment and did a bit of hard work up hills tonight, thought I was going to die ( so did the couple who walked passed me !) when I got to the top the second time, was supposed to do 4 times but ran out of energy and time.

If you dont manage a session, do you think I should do that week again, or keep going on the schedule.

having just moved off the beginners schedules Im finding it all a bit confusing !

have a good weekend all
  • What: nothing
    Why: yesterday's try out was decisive - the running was fine, but I've been paying for it since. My medical advisor (aka wife)has instructed me not to run for a while (quote "don't be so bloody stupid").

Good luck tomorrow Laura - No-one just "makes up the numbers in XC. Maybe you will have my usual job - get out behind our fast boys and block the trail so they get a bit of a start.

Good luck in Overton KK, and give my luck to Rotten Hill. Are you doing the Coombe Gibbett in March? - I'm trying to persuade Mrs that it will be worth the drive.
  • Laura L, Good Luck I am sure you're will be just fine!
    Sophie.
  • drewdrew ✭✭✭
    Laura, have fun tomorrow 'cause that's why you run!

Snicks, welcome back. Hope Portugal was good to you!

What: 40 minutes recovery run + weight session.
    Why: felt a bit tired so decided to take it east for a couple of days before doing my next hard session on Sunday.
    Last hard day: yesterday
    last rest day: Saturday
  • Laura,
    best of luck with the race tomorrow, give it hell.

Achilles,
    looks like you're already making some headway for Horwill Maniac of the year 2003!

Drew,
    good to see you posting, how's the training for FLM going, next race up Helsby?

Snicks,
    pull the other one, last drop for 10 weeks, you'll be flagellating yourself and wearing a hair shirt next. Cutting back on the booze is fine, cutting it out is NUTS!

What: Nowt.
    Why: Friday = day off.
    Last hard run: Yesterdays lunchtime session with Frank H.
    Last rest day: Today.
  • HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Good luck tomorrow Laura, you'll just love it!

LizzyB-hope you get to feeling well again soon. Not a nice thing to be suffering with.

What: Rest day-2 miles at lunch time to get stiffness from yesterdays speed session out of my legs. PM, swimming. Lots of drills for technique and speed.
    Why-active recovery day
    Last hard-yesterday
    Last easy-today
  • 7 miles in 45:18 - about 6:28 pace.
    Not too bad - however the cold air again led to me choking - twice - as the gunge built up in my tubes - disrupted breathing & rhythm while I shifted it (don't ask).
    Is this an asthmatic symptom? I've never thought of myself as suffering from it.
    Really could do with a mild day next Sunday.

MM - I have dropped booze completely for the time being - does improve the quality of my sleep which I do need at the moment. The first can of DAB post Helsby will taste all the better for the abstinence.....
  • MM - did I tell you I was brought up a Catholic!! (These hair shirts don't half itch.)