Mick & Phil

Comments

• Supergirl Pam, It is the Race Director, David Bedford, who said it was unsafe for Mick to push Phil round FLM in his wheelchair.
  • Tracey G,

I wonder if the Great DB has ever seen them in action. Anyway I have asked my chum to see what he can do.
  • Supergirl Pam - I only met them for the first time at Abingdon, and only saw them at the start, they are way too fast for me.
  • personally don't see why Mick n Phil cannot be accomodated at London. It can be done.
  • I agree they should be allowed to do London as well - should we get a petition going?

well done Mick & Phil
  • Tiny toe, it is one of Mick dreams to do FLM. It would be the icing on the cake.
  • Now listen you lot

I ( Mick ) Adore you all,

All of you out there , are the very rock and foundation of what we do,

Regardless of then new chair
    Which we are most gratefull for

I don't want any of you getting into any bother with David Bedford @ co

Yes , to push Phillip around London, would be my dream come true

I am sick of race Directors, telling me you won't get Phillip around this , you won't get Phillip around that

I treat most half marathons just like quashing a tomato in my hand

Of course Full marathons is a bit different

And my problem is i don't know how many races , ie Full's are left in me

I'm only human I'm not super human ,

Yes, i am dedicated to what i do, obsessed , with what i do

If you can get us in London, going off with the Wheelchairs then great.

We sincerely wish you all well with everything you do

Sincerely

Mick n Phil xxx
  • Mick - I would just like him to explain, why he thinks you racing in FLM is unsafe.
  • DB Say's that the race is too big,

but i wanted to go from the front

i agree with DB Going from the back is not on !!

But he say's if he lets us take part, it will open up the flood gates to disabled groups

they are under immence pressure he say's

i wonder what the disabled rights commision , on human rights thinks about all this

all these road races should be open to all

Not just the super dupers

i will carry on either way

My Physical stamina and mental stamina are that high, i will not buckle and stop for anyone

Mick
  • I bet he would feel different, if Phil was his son.
  • What you all have to understand is that although we are Mick n Phil, to all of you
    To some of the running world we are no-one

• Mick, with all your radio interviews etc. it will not be long, plus RW.
  • I've tried really hard Tracey to give my phil a life

And keep on finding snags in everything i do , pisses me off at times

i wonder how many Dad's out there would have even tried to do what i've done !!
  • Mick, DB is pissing me off, and it not for me. What wrong with letting people like you and Phil in on the ballot system. I bet there are not too many people out there that could push a 9 stone lad in a wheelchair.

You had better go to bed, you need your sleep for tomorrows run. Good night.
  • Mick - Don't let the buggers get you down. You have given Phil a life, I can see that and so can everybody else. Mate, you are an excellent dad. Phil is lucky to have you as such a caring father.
    When you look at what you two have done as a team it really is something special.
    RACE ON.... EASY, EASY!!!!
  • Cheers Benj

Just tired and peeved

I get by,, you know !!
  • Morning Mick,

I read your info regarding the chair plans. How does it all happen?

After you have had Phil measured is it a company who designs the chair, or do they have a stock design? Are you able to get things changed to suit you?

What sort of build / delviery time do you expect...

only wondering... alan.
  • Hi MickNphil - I have not posted here for a while. How are you? I have just come back from an 8 mile blast.
  • Mick, hope your have recovered from your half yesterday.

My legs are tired after ice skating.
  • Tracey G and Mick n Phil:
    What is David Bedford worried about? Why shouldn't the FLM ballot be open to disabled people and their pushers/carriers/carers like it is to anyone else?

Surely they are just as entitled to particpate? Not that I am convinced that "floodgates" is an appropriate label. It certainly brings Enoch Powel to mind more than an organization that claims to pride itself on its humanitarian bent.
  • Oh you poor so in so

Ohh dear too bad

tough

Dawn
  • Oh, and please, do you mind not abbreviating David Bedford as DB?
    DB (DavidB) is a forum member who cna speak up for himself but in the meantime I can assure anyone interested that he would like as many disabled competitors as possible :-)
  • Hi Snaps

How's you pal

I'm a little tired after running 1.50 for a half yesterday

I'd just love to do London Snaps before it's too late

Full marathons are tough with my Phil

never mind

• Snapstinget, how many runners out there, like Mick pushing their son/daughters around marathons?
  • I also think that Mick has as much rights to a ballot or charity place as all of us.
  • Alan Avery

i know very little, at the moment,

i have the forms to fill in, but i don't know any more

i will keep you informed, i can do that personally if you send me your e mail

Mines micknphil@ntlworld.com

Runner's World is nearly here

Gosh, i'm excited !!!
  • I love what we do

But Taking Phillip around London, would be the icing on the cake

But if it does'nt happen soon , it'll be to late

There's loads of half marathons left in me,

Bit i'm unsure how many full there are

I'm 47 now, phillip's 17, and 9 stone, plus chair weight,

i'm only human

and don't anyone suggest , i run London on my own, if they can't except My phillip, they can go take a hike

• Tracey

If they put us in london, Like David Bedford said to me personaly, he could give me a number no problem

You seriuosly think a disabled Chronically sick kid, Who's life span no one know's has to go through the ballot box

oh, come on get real , don't make me laugh

Thousands of you are making money for disabled groups, they want to be able to take part

Not the money

• er, don't think you running on your own would have crossed the minds of anyone who'd seen the pair of you. Thought the sun was wrong way up when you came round Milton Keynes, on your own, and that was knowing what had gone wrong cause I'd seen you carrying Phil back as I was plodding forwards.

I would quite like to hear the reasoning behind their putting obstacles in your way. After all, they don't object to 16 legged double decker busses running, so what's the matter with a straightforward two leg four wheeled vehicle?

Moreover, I think it would be kind of nice if there were indeed a flood of folk like you, making a life where most of us would despair.

I don't think there are all that many of you, in practice.

Special Start, FLM London 2007, the London Paramarathon? Competitors must either themselves have at most one fully functioning leg, or alternatively, be pushing a wheelchair charioteer holding a valid bluecard parking permit? Entry by ballot, golden bond places in support of 2012?

I could have lots of fun writing the rules.

And you two have done a race since Abingdon! My legs are just about up to curling up on settee watching reruns on telly.