Last Rest: 132 days

Have a good day

Comments

• nrg-bnrg-b ✭✭✭
    AF: Sorry!

What: 90-120 mins LSD easy.
    Why: Last long run before Cardiff mara.
    RestDaysLastMonth: 1
  • okay, I know Nrg-b got in there first, but it's AFs first time so I'm going to post on this one :o), sorry nrg-b!

Will decide what running to do when the morning comes...that was worthwile really :o), probably 2 x 40 minute jogs just to get teh aerobic system working a little bit, but if I'm feeling good I'll include a few sprints/strides, will mostly depend on if this darn cold is any better!
  • mavamava ✭✭✭
    morning all. Actually, looks like I'm the first one up this morning!

Have worken up with mildly swollen tonsils. Don't think I feel particularly unwell. My early start is so I could have breakfast and then run long-sh later. But....not really sure I should run. and of course the worry sets in that today is my last chance for a run over 1 hour before Abingdon. And as I'm going off to Reading for a family lunch the run has to be this morning or not at all.

I do still have to go out in an hour or so to marshall for the London to Brighton run.

so.....

what: don't know
    why: my body is weak
    last hard: yesterday's run after a night on the beer
    last rest: maybe today

have a nice day all.
  • Morning.

Is nrg-b having an earlier starting thread usurped? Ha!:-))

What: 2 hours refereeing a Sunday club run. In the red corner the `Sunday runs are slow and enjoyable plods' brigade. In the blue corner the `I run everything at 6:30 pace' brigade. Somewhere in the middle me and FL!

Why: maintenance of solid aerobic base without cardiac drift for 1hr +:-)

Last hard: Friday
    Last rest: 348 days
  • Oh yes, I know the lyrics - an everyday tale about a bloke who packs himself in a box and sends himself as a parcel to see his girlfriend..... as you do....
  • Morning

NZC

Lovely to see what you look like:-)

What: 22 mile run
    Why: marathon training.. last Long run
    Last hard: last Sunday
    RHR :still up 7 beats
    Last rest:5 days ago
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • mavamava ✭✭✭
    I don't know the lyrics. and I had one all ready cos I thought I'd be the first one up...
  • Morning,

URR, i thought you looked surprised :-)

The fact I got round 2.25M XC relay leg surprised me!!!!
    OK
    The truth is that on Friday my run of 4M got reduced to 2M, my legs were so dead I struggled to run 1M in under 10min, then stopped & had a rest before struggling home!
    I did in the end run OK, well it was hard work & that was kind of the idea :-)
    Ran 14:07 in the end & Serpies finished 5th I think.

What: a long run but don't know how far
    Why: I don't want to struggle for 10M+

Last hard: the last 8 days :-)
    Resting HR: 39 so am at least getting fitter :-)
  • mavamava ✭✭✭
    NZC - you don't look like I expected! You don't look too mashed!
  • Morning,

think the thread lurgy has reached me too: woke up with sore throat, scritchy ears and cotton wool head.

What: supposed to be 3 hours cycle, but don't know...
    Why: see above
    Last hard: circuits w b/f last night
    Last rest: Thurs

Feel well and run well everyone.
  • Morning,

Bryn, I'll be keeping myself active. Coach our juniors, circuit training (more abs and arms than legs) and cycling.

Today is -

What: 6 to 10 miles at 70 to 75% MHR
    Why: Taper and tick over

Last hard: Thursday
    Last rest: Friday

Have a goodly day.
  • Morning!

NZC - why the change in name? Who cares if no-one knows your gender from your forum moniker?

Lurgy folk - keep away from me! And get well soon too.

Sodahead - 3 months off running? Sounds like an interesting idea to try to get back from your "shredding". It does mean you'll have to start back in the darkest, coldest bit of the year though. Is it going to be 3 months off exercise? Or do you have some other sports lined up?

mava and the rest of the taper madness folk - it's definitely much more fun to watch a taper than to be in one. You've done all the hard work for the race already - relax. Also hope you enjoy the L2B marshalling - good on you.

Scooby Snax - was it Bryn's house in your dream? I heard he was organising a party ;-)

Bryn - I'm sure you are a far nicer, healthier and less alcoholic teenager than I was... if I had my time again I definitely wouldn't do the party-while-the-parents thing - they are much more fun at other people's houses!

Right I'm heading back to the training plan for an hour - one other thing I forgot to mention about the Tri Training Bible is that it is quite complicated!

What - long-ish run this morning (either 7 or 10 miles)
    Why - some social endurance - 2 weeks to go to Cabbage Patch 10 miler.
    Lyrics - No idea at all
  • Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    Morning

mava and others who arwe unwell get better soon.

No ideas on lyrics either

What: southend 10km
    Why: Its what i've been aiming for ALL year.
    Last Hard: 2 saturdays ago
    Quote - i've used this one before but it seems apt today.
    "Running: running: hear the beat!

Busting lungs and pounding feet.

Straining: gaining: 'til your done:

Or you have the race well-won.

Racing: Pacing: rather die:

Than give up or let them by."

by the legendary Percy Cerutty

Good luck all racers
    Jenny and Micksta good luck, this will be interesting ;o))

• HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Morning.

Well done yesterday URR and Drew!

NZC, you look very strong in your pic. Thanks for sharing it with us!

Good luck today's racers-enjoy and run strong!

what:Cranborne 10K, but as I'm the only female from the club going there's no need for me to bust a gut, which makes getting my points a lot easier and less strain on my marathon recovering body:o)
    why:club points
    last hard:2 weeks today
    last rest:Friday
  • Morning all,
    Welsh Poppy - good luck with your long run.

Mava, Melissa - hope you feel better soon.

Hollywood - I can see a subtle change in your name too;-)

Hilly - good luck with your 10k - enjoy.

What: 5 miles easy bush tracks
    Why: still no energy - hopefully a bit more tomorrow.

Have fun with tapering, running & racing.
  • Sorry missing you Pammie - good luck - give it heaps!
  • Poorly ones - get well soon

hilly - A no pressue 10K? Relax & enjoy!

What: Burnham Half
    Why: Prep race for getting that 90 mins in Nov at Cheddar
    Last Hard: Wednesday

Aim for this one is to get a decent time (sub 93) and gather some race HR data to guide me at Cheddar.

Good luck to all other racers!
  • Morning

Nice pic. NZC, you don't look a day over 40;-)

What: Was planning to do a long run but might just head down to Wimbledon for the 10 miler
    Why: Haven't raced for 2 months, want to see where I'm at and like to be spontaneous now and again

Last Hard: 3 days
    Last Rest: 20 days (24/30)

Happy running folks!

----
  • morning,

mava, melissa and any others struggling with bugs, take it easy and get well soon.

AF, nrg-b and WP good luck with your long runs.

Good luck to Pammie, hilly and 90mins in your respective races, and to all other racers today

what : Selby 1/2
    why : cos it's flat and fast
    last hard : mon
    last rest : sat

this is really a "see where i am" race. Don't feel in pb shape (1h42) so will see what happens. Reckon anything under 1h45 will be ok.
  • mavamava ✭✭✭
    my marshalling duties are over and I am FREEZING! Beautiful day for a run, crisp and sunny, but not a day for standing on a traffic island waving at cars. One bar-steward wasn't going to stop for a red light, let alone a bunch of runners.
  • Hollywood, "a month not running" I think (not sure where the "3" months came from).

Fear not for me, I have a tempting 1/2 mara in January, followed by a speedie 10K in Feb and then something in London in April.

I just want to give my body a bit of a break.
  • morning,

and at the end of the story the knife goes straight through the box and straight through the middle of his head! not the normal lead singer but the welsh one

lots of racing today - hope you all have good ones and especially pammiein your target 10k

great pic NZC - you look as if you're enjoying it too! will be watching with interest as you head towards the 30th

sodahead/blisters, you've both done fantastic training and being careful now will hopefully see you through to your races, then you'll enjoy the recuperation

mava, melissa and others with the thread lurgy - patience, rest and hot drinks are all helpful if you can find them

re the gender and pics - i have tried many times to upload the real me but it just won't have me. must be trying to tell me something!

went to the gym yesterday for the first time since the lurgy set in only to find ..... they are refurbishing it! as it happened i was able to use the things i needed for the session but won't be able to do as planned today, normally an hour on the glidex which is piled up in the corner behind the builders agh
    so, plan B

what - medium to long turbo and the rehab exercises
    why - see above
    last hard - last sunday
  • WardiWardi ✭✭✭
    Best of luck to all racers today, nice day for it up here.

May I announce with the utmost discretion that it's my birthday today, so...

Bramham Park off road 10k, no pressure so I will do my best and see how it goes. Not sure how my legs will be 1 week after Berlin but recovery has been good.

BR.. Barnsley 10k entry form from the AC website. I printed one off last night and the name/address section 'spills over' onto a second page/side. Just thinking of the nuisance value when you are processing entries of course.

Have a good day all.
  • mavamava ✭✭✭
    Happy Birthday Wardi, my fellow Libran! Have a gerat time at Bramham Park.

Good luck all other racers.

I've just been out and done 2.1 miles. I'm not imagining my lurgy. I saw my HR get up to 178. I've never seen it above 172 before now. So I pretty much turned around and came home. I checked my HR before I went out and it seemed normal, hence my attempt at a run.

Someone tell me that being a little bit sick now isn't going to have any effect on my marathon in two weeks.
  • Happy Bithday - Wardi

May race a local 10k this afternoon but only as a training run at LT pace,that's if I can get out of the list of DIY that luckily came my way this morning!!!

What: 10k race
    Why: Hard training run
    Last Hard: Sunday
    Last Rest: 2 days

Good luck to all racing today
  • Mava,
    No it won't, as long as you take it easy NOW. You should be tapering now anyway and a few days off or very light days will make no difference, may even make you go faster.

Had a chest infection in the week leading to Reading 1/2marathon, rested Monday - Thursday, easy run friday and almost ran a PB on the Sunday.

Good luck.
  • Morning all

As always on a sunday lots of racing going on so first..

Hilly, Pammie, Micksta and Jenny D - good luck in your 10k races....especially Pammie as I know you have been working towards this one.

Paul l and 90 mins - good luck with your HMs - I still think of it as such a long race.

Wardi - Happy Birthday and take care with your 10k.

Mava - I agree with Rundown - resting and getting better must be the most important thing now - hope you shake the bug off soon.

NZC - you look so young!!

I have a photo too from the GNR but have no idea how to do a link so will just say go to www.asiphoto.net - Great North Run - then Bib No 40118.

Lovely morning here cool and bright.

What: 7 miles steady
    Why: Building miles again
    Last hard: Fridays LSD
    Last rest: Wednesday

Will be back later to see how everyone has done.
  • NZC - Are you running for the Owairaka Club? That's the club where Lydiard used to coach?

Sodahead - That's a good idea, that's what I plan to do. The forced break worked already wondes earlier this year.

BT - Good fun doing the relays. Hope to see you in one of the Met league XCs.

What? 21m
    Why? LSD
  • morning

happy birthday Wardi

nice pic NZC - looking pretty fresh

rest up well Mava, Melissa and anyone else similarly afflicted

Drew - sounds like a great run irrespective of the true length of the course - you're in good shape. Well done URR also.

Bryn - some interesting suggestions there. btw how old are you? you come across as 18 going on 35 ;-)

Taper well Soda & Blisters

best of luck for the rehab Clink

Software upgrade went OK Friday night/ Saturday morning - and a great thing to be able to put on the CV. The time has now come to send that CV out to a few prospective employers.....

Got back home 0830 yesterday morning, never felt able to do anything, so a day off

plan for today:

what: 7.6 miles, maybe more depending on how I feel
    why: longest Sunday morning run I can manage
    last hard day: Tue
    last rest day: Sat

will find out the exact September mileage later, but think it's around 130 - better than I dared hope for at the start of the month.

One possible cloud on the horizon - base ofleft big toe feels uncomfortable. Probably the result of another technical fault creeping in when tiring on Friday. Hope it doesn't cause problems today.
  • and of course - good luck to anyone racing today!