Options

Time spent on the Forum

13»

Comments

• Options
    I do, oh yes i do
  • Options
    How did you change piccie over weekend?????
  • Options
    Not sure, it just kinda happened. Guess RW have some dedicated staff working long hours as well. The other one was only temporary, and I've mislaid Worf
  • Options
    I've been working at the National Military Command Centre at Farringdon and so have been given access to satelite communication as well, I'm happy.
    Balls!
  • Options
    I'm fed up. And still no piccie. RW must be unfairly favouring the fair sex.
  • Options
    All is fair in LOVE and WAR.
  • Options
    This is neither, yet.
  • Options
  • Options
    Disabling notification - time for bed
  • Options
    Ignore that bit about the National Millitary Command Cenre - I was lying.
  • Options
    Yeah, yeah, you've blown your cover now mate!
  • Options
    NessieNessie ✭✭✭
    Mr Nessie and I don't live together (yet) so I can surf to my heart's content at home if I want to. I tend not to though - the connection at work is much quicker, and no-one can see my screen so I can get away with quite a bit of lurking/posting during the day.

I must admit though; I had my URWFRC vest for about 3 weeks before I told him and explained what it was, and didn't actually mention the pre Great Scottish Run pasta party. I can just imagine his reaction to me going to Glasgow on my own to meet up for a meal with half a dozen people I had "met" on the internet. I did tell him that we had met up, but "suggested" that it was a pre-race rezendevous at the start.

Sometimes I have to bite my tounge when I make comment on some snippet I've picked up. I've suddenly become more clued up on medicine than his GP brother, but can't really tell him that a dinosaur told me, can I???
  • Options
    Mr T thinks it's a bit sad and strange. I get funny looks when people ask me how I've met the other runners I know.

Still I would probably not still be running if it wasn't for these forums and I certainly wouldn't know the runners I do if it wasn't for the forum and thats got to be better than running on your own all the time.

Plus it gives me something to do at work and with all the typing I look busy!
  • Options
    Mr J is a bit ambivalent about the forums. He loves my running and that I race but I don't think he's sure about meeting up with forumites. Because of having two small children he doesn't get to see me race and so hasn't met anyone from the forum. He's coming to the Grim in Feb so I'm hoping he'll feel a little more comfortable with it after he has met some poeple. He is planning to strt running again him self so you never know we could be fighting over the computer in the near future.

My friends are mildly amused, I try not to talk too much about the forum as I do get some funny looks.

My biggest problem is remembering not to refer to my self as Josie or JJ and not to call husband Mr J :-)
  • Options
    My hubby defintely thinks it's all a bit odd and has accused me of getting involved in some wierd cult! He's also not terribly amused when I let him know that he has been mentioned in some of my postings....(i.e. slipping into couch potato-dom).

I tend to do this at work (naughty I know) for a bit of inspiration and a quicker line ...

Definitely couldn't do without it now and has kept me running through moments of severe self-doubt and lack of motivation. Altough ran this weekend having not for a week and still think that real running is better than cyber-running!
  • Options
    So its not just me.

Phew!
  • Options
    Good morning everyone,

Glad to see this is a happy thread.

I'm with you Flatfeet and Chimp I do this at work to keep sane.

Did anyone see the repeat of Johnny Vagas in Room 101 when he tried to get rid of internet chat rooms. Absolutly Hilarious.

• Options
    Well I do it at work throughout the day, then after work (my wife can;t understand why I keep working so late when I then complain that there isn't any work.

I now ADSL at home the idea to leave work earlier and get home and surf. I told her that if we put the computer in the lounge we can spend more time together while she watches corra EE and every other soap on tele. She wasn't convinced and gave me the third degree last Friday when the first thing I did when I got home 30 minutes early, switched on the computer and then took off my coat and shoes before making her a cup of coffee and my dinner. The tap tap of the keyboard totally wound her up and she started getting realy annoyed but I soon quietened her down by showing her I was booking a 5 star hotel to take her away to for valentines. All of a sudden she had no problem with me on the computer, (that is after I had also booked up a holiday at Easter and to take the kids to see the Thomas Tank show... This forum thing is starting to cost me a fortune, I think Ill have to going back to doing more overtime!
  • Options
    When I went to NY and met up with all the NY forumites, Mrs had visions of a bunch of axe murderers. Mind you, now she's seen the photos, she still does...
  • Options
    A quick one for all of those meeting other forumites, get a mobile number so that you can organise who is who at the meeting point. I arranged to meet up with caz and others at the Christmas do. I got to a crowded bar in SoHo but couldn't find any monkeys, rabits or dogs in it... After asking all the larger groups I decided to disappear thinking the others had moved on (this and the fact that a lot of blokes were giving me filthy looks for trying to 'chat them up' with the immortal lines, 'do you run', 'are you a forumite', or 'do you subscribe to Runners World'. My wife found it highly amuzing when I returned home three hours earlier than exptected (and sober). If I had only taken one persons mobile I would have known that the others look like normal (?) people and were actually sitting in the corner window seats opposite the sad git (me) who was at the bar!
  • Options
    My somewhat enforced absence from the forum is drawing to a close as Mrs. F finishes her maternity leave at the end of the month and therefore will no longer be able to write me off as a saddo when i'm here :-)