Affiliated or not ??

I would like to enter a 5K race - am just about up to that level now but am not sure whether I am affiliated or unaffiliated ?!! I am a member of a running club but I will not be running as part of the running club team cos I'm a bit too slow !! Any ideas?

Comments

• It's not just about being a member of a club. That club has to be affiliated to the governing body, the Amateur Athletics Association, Welsh Athletics, Scottish Athletics or Northern Ireland Athletics Federation. At my club we pay one fee to be a club member and one fee for our Welsh Athletics registration.
  • But I should have said, once you are registered it doesn't matter whether or not you are actually represebnting your club in a race. If you are affiliated to the governing body you get to pay the reduced entry fee, it's something to do with race insurance.

Check with your club secretary.
  • Oook!Oook! ✭✭✭
    Usually only the first 3/4 count as the first team; then the next 3/4 as the second team so you aren't letting anyone down. My claim to fame is that I once came in as the fourth counter for our fourth team!!

Affiliated club runners join the club and the regional AAA. So have you got a AAA membership card showing your affiated club and the membership number (which usually goes on the entry form to claim your £2 rebate)?