FLM 2006: closer to 4:00 than 4:30

1525354555658»

Comments

• nice to hear from some of you again. Chukka well done for finishing in that heat - I'm proud of you. I was supposed to race a local 12km last saturday at 4.30pm but at 4oclock the temperature was up at 35C and sunny so I decided to give it a miss.(so I also missed the 1kg of chocolate and the litre of beer which everyone who ran was given - its called the chocolate race!) I heard from a friend who did it that it was very tough in the heat and for the first time ever in a race, he had to walk some. I ran a training 20km with a friend last wed and haven't run since then. Might do a short one later tonight as the footie is not such a great game this evening.

I plan to register for the Brussels half on 27 August so that I have something to focus on as without a race I'm really bad at getting out and training.

Keep up the good work everyone and maybe we'll be busy on the forum next january again preparing for our next FLM;

Enjoy your summer wherever you are and whatever you do.
  • Hey folks! Not a lot of racing going on for me, but am being fairly consistent with 4-5 days of running/week with anywhere from 4-9 miles at a time. Lots of ultimate frisbee going on and that's a whole different type of running - so many sprints. Everything going well with me and happy to hear that you all are well.
  • Well. It's that time again...so who's entering this time around?

After a slow wind-down over the summer (and 6lbs heavier!!!) I'm in training for a 10K in early Sept. and the GSR in Oct. It's like starting all over again...2 mile runs, mile 'sprints' with mile warm downs, 4 miles tomorrow, longer run Saturday etc etc...

Going to apply in the ballot but not a Golden Bond place - if I don't get in perhaps Paris???

Any of you guys out there?
  • I have already applied via the ballot, not going to run if I don't get in that way, ran on a golden bond this year and raised just under £1700 this year but not sure I could raise that amount again.

Got my first triathlon in Bedford in just under 4 weeks so have been training hard for that for the last couple of months.

Guess my next event I will do for charity will be when I compete in an Ironman event.

Good luck on your ballot entry!!
  • I'm not entering. I'm sticking with halves and shorter. I enjoyed the marathon, but the time put into training was just too much. I hope all is well with everyone. Amy
  • hi all. I'm thinking I'll enter through the ballot but I'll have to go through the overseas system. If I don't get in I'm contemplating Rotterdam, which I have heard is a good one to do, and pretty flat. Timewise, its within a week of London and I think April's a good month to run a marathon. Winter training is ok.
    I'm not running much these days - a) its too hot and I can't gather the energy and b) my achilles is moaning a lot and I have no idea why as it didnt bother me in the least when I was hard training. Any ideas??? Maybe I just need to run on it!!

Good to hear from you lot anyway - it's brightened up my day no end.
  • Caramello - what's the news with junior????
  • Hi all,

Good to hear from everyone.
    I'm going for it but unbelievably I can apply for a good for age place.
    I said I'd train for the Loch Ness marathon and just can't commit to the training. It doesn't seem so bad in the winter but there are so many distractions in the summer with holidays and village fairs and things.
    I did a 7-mile local race on Sunday and it was so hot I found it very hard.

Hope everyone is well and enjoying their running.

DC
  • Hi all, 1st visit on here for a while, glad to see people still looking in.
    I got mag through other day, dont think i'll enter it, i think the training would be harder this time around, work is busy upto april, be hard to fit in the training & dont think i'd have same motivation.
    Still running (well except for last 1.5wks), fell off rodeo bull laast Friday night & have bruised or broken ribs.
    Otherwise life is good with me.
    I do hope everything is going good Caramel, perhaps been to busy with the little 1.

check here later again,
    bye for now
  • 'lo all - are you all still out there??? I got my rejection letter during the week and am really disappointed. Paris and Rotterdam just don't have the same ring, do they? I have a friend who got in and I told her I'd go along to support her run but not sure I could bear to watch from the sidelines having experienced the thrill of participating last April.
  • Hello! Hope everyone is doing well. I ran the Disney Marathon this January with my mom for her 60th birthday and it went well. Not the time I would want, but running with my mom and sister was great. I'm already itching to run another, but I have dropped my long runs to around 10 for now. Hope everyone is still running something. :)
  • Hi all. Sorry about rejection Shy Ted. I am running again since new year, no plans for any races as other commitments wont let me race to often, have put a little weight on over last few months thats why ive upped my running again to trim it back down. running 3/4 times a week upto an hour so far, dont think ill take it much further, going through process of divorce, but no stress from me. catch up later if anybody any further posts, be nice to hear if anybody doing london again, catch ya all later.