Garmin Forerunner 305

2»

Comments

• yup monty... i cant get maps from work either.

think i may have read something on the sport-tracks forum about downloading and caching the maps.. but i dont recall fully.

RB - the garmin SW last i used it was a bit basic.. and the maps are limited esp. compared to sporttracks using google earth road maps or satellite.
  • ed_m
    I already use Memory Map to plot my routes (manually), so presumably that would be no problem?
  • RB - i guess not, assuming you have a version that supports the garmin interfaces. although i don;t know if MM and the like do anything useful with the heart rate data.
  • The Edge 305 looks very interesting as it has a Barometric Altimeter! I really hope this feature makes it into the Forerunner 305 - that will keep all us hill running types very happy indeed!
  • Finally got the blasted 301 software to function,.. just gotta figure out how to use it now. So i wont be trading it in for a polar for now..
  • To be read in the voice of Homer Simpson:
    "Gah drool gah... ForeRunner 305... grlgl.."

Doh, just when I was happy with my 301!

PS: You GPS users may be interested in http://www.trailexchange.co.uk - it's a site I've set up for runners to swap GPS routes with each other.

Simon
  • I Want!!!!
    I Want!!!!
    I Want!!!!
    I Want!!!!
    I Want!!!!
    I Want!!!!
    I Want!!!!
    I Want!!!!
    I Want!!!!
    I Want!!!!
    I Want!!!!
    I Want!!!!
    I Want!!!!
    I Want!!!!
    I Want!!!!
    I Want!!!!
    I Want!!!!
    I Want!!!!
    I Want!!!!
    I Want!!!!
    I Want!!!!
    I Want!!!!
    I Want!!!!
    I Want!!!!
    I Want!!!!
  • I want never gets.................

say Please!
  • Please

Christmas Bertie
  • Ahhhhhhhhh and you asked soooo nicely

NO!
  • Roll on Feb !!! :D
  • Hey.. 4x4xfinch like the website. Its a good idea..
  • Hi Guy and Girls,

This is my first post, and now training for my first FLM. (under 4 hours!)

I'm thinking of buying a Forerunner 301. Does anyone have one for sale?? Comments?

Thanks,

Craig.
  • Bought one off the bay. New £130 from a lovely lady in Kent!

Fingers crossed!
  • try amazon they seem to be the cheapest and there british models i think :{
  • Very happy with my Forerunner 305. Works really well and even finds a good signal in heavily wooded areas too!image
  • The problem with the 305 was always the poor battery life. I have the Garmin 310XT  which has much better battery life.
  • @Joe Bing - define "poor battery life". I get about 18 hours' constant use from mine.
  • Does anyone how to get temp back. Mine used to record it but has stopped for some reason?

• I'm in for the 910 when it comes out although my 305 has been brilliant for the last four years.

Intermanaut wrote (see)
    @Joe Bing - define "poor battery life". I get about 18 hours' constant use from mine.

Inter - do you have your set to record the least data...i can get about 6 hours when it's set to record the most data and about 11 when on it's lowest level?

• anybody know if this watch is mac compatible? or if garmin's training centre is mac compatible?

thanks Heather 

• @Flat Foo.ted - when I need long battery life yes.

@HEATHER Norris - which watch? The 305, and GTC, are Mac-friendly.
  • Heather - yes to both.
2»