Morning all

What : short 4 miler
Why : come back session at club

Will

Comments

• Nowt
    Toe is killing me
    So Ill walk round Brum in an attepmpt to find somewhere to live
  • Good luck with finding somewhere in Brum Hippo - I tried to move there once and ended up in Nottingham! Don't recommend the commute though...

What - eight or nine miles steady
    Why - cos there's deep snow here and anything faster is impossible
    Last hard - yesterday. Waited for snow to stop before I went out, by which time it was a foot deep. I was 'first person out' on the footpaths so had to plough my own tracks through the virgin snow. Hard work - fun though.
  • HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Welcome back WW.

Good luck in the search Hippo.

LizzyB, it sounds great fun ploughing through the snow. Just think of it as strength training!

Today: nothing apart from a swim
    Why: active recovery day
    Last hard: Tuesday
    Last rest: Monday
  • Missed the kick off this morning due to an unexpected extended rest interface.......I overslept. Was tired yesterday having worked a 12 hour day then squeed in an hours cross training.

Today: Probably a run but as usual at the moment I play it by ear during the day to see how the knee feels, but hope to do 40 minutes steady.
    Why: Recovery
    Last Rest: Last thursday
    Last Hard: N/A

PS. Did anyone see "No going back" on Channel 4 last night? What a nightmare!!
  • very jeaulous LizzyB of all that snow, just think of the langlauf potential.

What: contiued stretching plus "endurance session" if I can find the time on the boring gym machines
    Why: PT orders
    last hard day : Monday
    last rest: Tuesday

Good luck all tapering helsby halfers, I 'm sure by the end of the day you'll have a website up with race nos, target times etc.
  • Morning All,

What : Club night
    Why : Club night

Last Hard : Tuesday
    Last Rest : Sat

• MinksMinks ✭✭✭
    Hi all. Yes, Martin: saw some of 'No Going Back' - as you say, what a mare!!

What: Rest.
    Why: Other half has decided it's about time he got back into exercising, so have agreed alternate nights otherwise by the time we both get home, exercise, shower and eat it's really late. Tonight is his turn (I do Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday).
    Last hard: Monday.
    Last rest: Tuesday.

Tried out some of your suggestions re. pacing last night. Worked out the mile splits for my route and tried to keep to an even pace. Didn't quite get it right (miscalculated one of the mile splits, which didn't help - thought 6:42 at a relaxed pace was a bit out!) but it definitely helped. Ran 4.1 miles in 33:55, which works out to 8:16/mile - a good relaxed pace for me. The steep hill at the end of the run seemed very manageable at this pace too.
  • Morning,

V jealous of snow too Lizzy.
    Welcome back Wild Will.
    Mike, you feeling good? Really hope you can make it Drew.
    sfh legs: it's already on:www.urwfrc.org/index.html

What: 5 miles easy
    Why: tapering.
    Last hard: yesterday
    Last rest: Tues

Hilly, gathered your 10 miler went well yesterday!
  • Good to see you back Wild Will.

What: 4 miles, but ended up walking the last half. Pavement wouldn't stay still - always a bad sign.

Better luck tomorrow.

Hippo, happy house hunting. Would cutting the toe out of a retiring pair of trainers allow you to get going a little, if you wanted to?

Then again house hunting is exhausting and counts double as (very) cross training.
  • Stickless, i CAN run
    it just hurts
    im out again tomorrow
  • Thanks for the advice though
  • Morning!

What: Tempo sesh of some sort, maybe treadmill, combining with gymmy things.
    Why: Last chance for a tough-ish one before the Fred Hughes 10 on Sunday.
    Rest: Monday
    Hard: Tuesday @ club.

Treated myself to a gentle 30 min recovery run again last night. It may not be making any positive impact on my fitness, but it's loadsa fun!
  • Hi all
    Martin, I too slept in. Frustrating. I really want to do my runs in the morning - think I need a second alarm clock
    What: Had planned 40 mins hills, but not sure I'll fit it in now...so anything will be good. Also practising and teaching Body Balance
    Why: schedule
    Last hard: Tues
    Last easy: Weds
    Last rest: Mon

Have good runs today - beautiful day here
  • Morning all

Good to see you posting again Wild Will.

What: 30 mins on treadmill and 15 mins on rower
    Why: recovery day
    Last Hard: Tuesday
    Last Rest: Monday

May go for a 6m run tonight (very slowly) but still haven't decided about Epsom at weekend.
  • Morning all
    what-track night
    why-club night
    last hard-tuesday
    last rest-satdi'
    Have a nice day y'all!!
  • Morning all.........

what 1m jog-2m pace-1m jog (30.03)
    why cos traing schedule said so
    last hard tues
    last rest mon
    next rest tomorrow as I have to drive up north for a bloody meeting!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Morning to all you nice folk!

I shall not lie when I say im knackered,just got back from what I thought was a pretty damn hard session.

What:
    1.5km row 6.31secs (avg HR 134 - max 153)
    40km Bike 58.24secs (avg HR 167 - max 182)
    7km Run 31.46secs (avg HR 158 - max 166)

Really wanted 10k run but became very low on energy and people were waiting to use treadmills so I felt I had to get off.

This was a very hard session, the bike was on one of those upright cycles which I dont get on with at all, I much prefer the spinning bikes but not knowing the distance I opted for the uprights.

Hard but good!

• Speedie by name and nature! At the very best I'd do 0.2K in 31.46 seconds!

Do you know where I could get hold of a wicking cap and underpants set?
  • ... ever wish you hadn't bothered? :-)
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Well done Speedie - sounds a toughie.

What : appx 11 miles easy/steady on country lanes,fields and trails. Lovely and bright,sun low in the sky and all the snow and rain had drained away so it wasn't that boggy at all.
    Why : midweek long run
    Last Hard : Yesterdays intervals
    Last Rest : Sunday

:D
  • drewdrew ✭✭✭
    What: nothing
    Why: still suffering from flu-like symptons.

It's so tempting to start training again before being fully recovered but don't let me do it!

Helsby is looking very doubtful now, and I was really looking forward to meeting up with everyone.
  • Please don't Drew - you know it's dangerous!
    Take care now
  • Dont do it Drew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I last done my 10k race while having the flu and then I was off training for 2 weeks.

Rest up!
  • Have you done all the 'usual' tests? e.g. pulse high? temperature high? sore throat?

If you answer yes to any of the questions then don't train. Big fan of fresh air though so why not go for a walk to clear your head - but no 'lifting'!!
  • drewdrew ✭✭✭
    Thanks guys! Martin, I checked my temperature last night and it's normal, although my temperature always appears lower than normal! Pulse rate is back to normal and don't have a sore throat. I would probably have said that I had a head cold, however it seems to have lasted too long for that and has probably worsened since Sunday, hence my assumption that it's probably the flu, although not a severe case! May be some other form of viral infection.

Tried a few whiskies last night but that didn't work either!
  • Hi all

What - rest
    Why - Gotta
    Last Hard - Last nights Club Run 6ish
    Last Rest - Tuesday

DON'T DO IT DREW!!

Nurse fetch the straight-jacket!
  • No Dolly he might enjoy it!!
    having to rearrange earlier posting!!
    what - brisk 1hr run
    why- rugby match rearranged for tonight!!
  • Drew, you'll know when you're alright to run. I took a full week out for a cold. The first day back running was a mistake, stopped straight away more or less. The next day running was LOVELY. Today is Thursday. Just wait. And maybe Sunday will surprise you.