LONDON SOCIAL - Friday Jan 31st, St James Tavern Shaftesbury Ave@ 6 pm

Comments

• Very sensible idea Cougie.

We've also got the advantage that a lot of us have already met on several occasions, and we have reserved tables. So people need only do an immediate left on walking in the door and they're there.

And Scotty is very recognisable as well...
  • Venom - you should be pretty recognizable too. Or is that someone else's picture ?

Have a great time tonight - and fill us in on all the gossip. You can always e-mail me the really Spicy stuff ! ;-)
  • Will do Cougie. Although we're a suprisingly discreet bunch - Caz kept her gossip about me and Susie quiet for well over a week after the first social...
  • GavoGavo ✭✭✭
    That's coz she was either still drunk or nursing a hangover Venom.
  • So all that begging was in vain? Damn.
  • GavoGavo ✭✭✭
    Does that mean begging Susie or Caz?

Strangely quieter without her today - think she'll make up for it tonight. Fellas beware
  • Maybe both....

Caz is supposed to be crashing at mine tonight. Hope she doesn't make me regret that!
  • Just to add apart from the table thing Please someone remind the bar staff who and where you are so that when I arrive and can't see you I can ask the bar staff and this time they will know where you are!

Failing that Im the das git at the bar on my own with a pint.
  • Any ideas how to get there from the City when none of the tubes are working?
  • Well.. despite my bravado this morning, I didn't go.

Had to come home from work and then realised that without the tube, no minicabs available and outer London's sh*tty buses, I really couldn't get there. And then there was the issue of getting back.

Next time guys...
  • Yeah - got to admit it would have been tricky even if the eye had been okay.

Can we have one soon though, I'm keen to meet you guys :-)
  • was there at 1740 for about 5 minutes

walked into pub (2 doors, so which are the three tables on the left, of the six which they could be?)....asked the two older people sitting there:"hi..runners".

"no (you tosser)" was the answer - so thought about a beer, saw no other likley lurkers, stayed about 120 seconds and called it an effing day.

back home by 1915, thereby earning brownie points that are in huge deficit after 12 hour drinking session yesterday (thursday), followed by chelsea/spurs tomorrow and watford half on sunday, plus a week away next week.

....hope you had a good one folks, but i DID try...promises made, promises kept
  • Uuuuuurgh! I can feel my hangover already. Many thanks to those who attended tonight. I shall post when I am a bit more compus mentis.

BB
  • Home at last. What a fantastic evening and a massive thanks to all those who made it, (Wolf with Runs know how you feel happened to me last time).

There were so many people with so many interesting and inspirational stories to tell, (or listen to if I had ever shut up).

A massive thank you to you all for making this such a great and enjoyable evening.

HH (who is drop truly beautiful even if attached Caz
  • Good evening, peeps!

Great night, thanks very much to everyone who turned up.

Almost snogged Brad, but Jennifer called him at the crucial moment, never mind :)

Next social friday 28th February, day before my birthday!

See you there?

Cheers

Caz XXXX
  • So final roll call (well at least all those I could remember

38DD ?
    Ashley - (Attached, was up for a snog but word got round and all the ladies tried to avoid me!)
    Big Bopper ?
    Calamity – ?
    Caz - Got first pick and still turned me down.
    Dog Walker My hero for sorting out the URWFRC kit and doing his best to get a special size for my son before retiring and handing over to foxy)
    Fany - (Attached, up for a good laugh, but not with me, still looking forward to running with her soon after work)
    Gareth L ?
    Gavo (nice person)
    Gecko (sorry for not recognising you at first, hope the party went ok)
    Hannah Hennessy – (Caz seriously understated the 'not bad looker', still attached and therefore way out of my league (sob sob)
    Iain – Went blind and couldn't make it
    Jez ?
    Jim the plum - apologoies to your fellow club runner it wasn't her I was racing but the clock at Dartford please pass on my sincerest apologies and also thanks for pacing me)
    Jon - (Nice guy but needs to sort out his drinking problem - Jon Beer goes in your mouth and not all over me!)
    Jonathan - (Unattached arriving fashionably late - so late in fact I had left)
    Josie Jump - (with dishy friend, didn't get proper chance to letch but will make up for it next time!)
    KangaWallaFox ?
    Legless ?
    Luisa – ?
    MandyW - purrrr
    MatW ?
    Meggles – So when are we going to LA?
    Nick Sutton ?
    Niki ?
    Northern Nut ?
    Picketty Heres to a run soon
    RichardM – (This guy is a seriously fast runner.)
    Sam Panther Nice to meet you.
    Scotty H (rephrase Scotty PH)
    Shambler ?
    Snoop Put Susie B down
    Spans - So choosy she didn;t choose me either
    SquintElfStyle ?
    SusieBee - Attached to Venom but with Snoops hanging on!
    Suz ?
    Sweeper (aka Simon) who was who in the end?
    Sythree ?
    Tired Legs drop out
    TwoDogs – who has two dogs but is not to be confused with Dog Walker who also has two dogs (one of whom is a ex kamakazi pilot)
    Venom - (Attached to SusieBee at the front, and indirectly to Snoops at the back)
    Waapster – drop out
    Wally – (Unknown status, likes his booze)
    Wolf with Runs - Having read the exploits of Ashley decided to follow in his footsteps, and stay for a very short time not meeting anyone in the process other than the bar staff and a few quizical other punters, still there is always next month...
  • Not quite blind - just the one eye! A temporary thing, I'll be there on the 28th of Feb.
  • It was lovely to meet you all. I'm just sorry I had to skulk off so early without repaying the drinks buying favour to Dogwalker and Nicky. Next time, I promise. Big Bopper, really sorry I now can't do Watford. Apparently they never received my application form (gutted) - was looking forward to running with you. I didn't get yr text
  • It was great to meet some of you last night and put names and faces to names! - just sorry didn't get to meet you all.....I'm definately keen for the 28th and from last night, sounds like I'll see a fair few of you in Reading....Will wait to read what I missed once a bit more alcohol had been consumed!!

• Guess who fell asleep on the train and had to walk 8 miles home after a wonderful evening. Still I was sober by the time I got home. Thaznks to everyone who turned up and a big enormous MMMMWWWAAAAHHHH to caz for doing the social sec job to such a high standard.
    Large virtual bunch of flowers winging their way in your direction.
    Jim
  • Well, after getting home and drunkenly stumbling round the house at midnight, drinking loads of water and eating cereal, I woke up at 7.30, full of the joys of spring.
    No hangover, nothing. There is clearly no justice.
    HH, sorry I won't get to run Watford with you.
    Scotty, thanks for getting me inspired again about jumping out of planes without a rope attached.
    Aargh. Too many names! I had a fantastic evening, even if FANY and friend did take money from me. SquintyElfThingy, see you at the races. Caz you are a star! Etc etc etc.

BB
  • Christ on a bike! Does my head hurt or what?! Haven't felt this rough in ages!

Top night last night, fantastic to see so many people out. Apologies for needing to slope off a little early again, although it was later than last time!

Hopefully see you all again (and more) on 28th. Thanks for all your hard work again Caz.

DW
  • Morning all!

No shouting please! Head hurts. I'm still at Venom's (with Susie) and just starting my second coffee. V very kindly cooked us breakfast. So....

a big THANK YOU to Venom for letting me crash on his sofa and for cracking open the expensive red wine last night! Ta to you both!

I only got a few piccies last night, but V has more that he will publish later on a website, so keep 'em peeled for that.

Oh shall do a full social report when I get home later, complete with the register, I took last night :)

Didn't get a snog last night tho. Damn. Must try harder next time. (I'm way too shy in person, honest.)

Ciao

Caz.
  • afternoon all...thanks for organising a great night Caz. good to meet you all..tho I'm still going to struggle to put names to faces! I was soooo pleased that I had to get out of bed this morning and drive down here (wales), to find no electricity or heating! 28th sounds good..see you there..or if not at Imber or Hastings (I'll be desperately trying to keep up with RichardM!)
  • New shortened name. It was all of my name I could remember by the time I got home last night and definitely all I could pronounce when I woke up with a hangover this morning.

Fantastic to meet you all. Well done Caz (cool fishnets by the way). And special big hugs to Jim for rescuing me from all those people glaring at me. Gavo and Dog Walker - you are not yet forgiven!!

• HeweyHewey ✭✭✭
    You b*stards! You've picked another date for the next social when I'm out of the country!!!

This time I'll be raising a glass to you all from Darkest Africa.
  • 28th Feb. its my birthday that week. Cooooooooooool!!