Options

LONDON SOCIAL - Friday Jan 31st, St James Tavern Shaftesbury Ave@ 6 pm

Comments

• Options
    Yep, thanks for the organisation Caz, excellent to meet everybody. Woke up at 6am with an almighty headache but two nurofen and four more hours sleep seemed to do the trick. Hopefully the residual alcohol will work its way out of my body before Regents Park 10k tomorrow morning.
  • Options
    Hi all,
    Yep twas great to meet you all, shame I had to leave relatively early but still didn't manage to get enough sleep to deal briliantly with children all morning. Still, it's all over now thank god. At least I didn't have a hangover too!
    Only made one child cry today...
  • Options
    M, it's my birthday near then too. Excellent!
  • Options
    Suz and I are sorry we could'nt make it last nite. Our excellent transport system & the English inability to cope with snow, put a stop to us having a drink or 2 or 3 or 4....!!!!!! Next time tho we will be there...........
  • Options
    Is anyone doing the Silverstone Half-marathon?
  • Options
    Afternoon all (did I say that earlier?), anyway I'm home now and am about to download piccies from last. Sorry I didn't get a piccie of you all, I should have done a group pic, but ran out of memory and I was too p!ssed to think about deleting one! :)

So we'll be celebrating 3 birthdays at the next social then, mine, M's and Meggles, cool!

Sorry I didn't get to chat to everyone, but you are probably thankful for that anyway, I was talking complete crap by the end of the night and oh, slurring a good'un!

Head still sore!

Oh and thanks to whoever it was who got me water just before I left, it stopped me from chucking up!

If you would like me to email you the pics from last night, then email me and I'll send them over once they are ready. If I already have your email address then I'll email them to you anyway.

I'll get a memory card for next one so I don't run out!

Cheers and thanks for coming, it was great fun (even if I didn't get a snog).

Caz.

P.S. Register to follow later and the name and shame list too!

P.P.S. Watertight reason for not going for a run today - U.D.I. (Unidentified drunken injury) to foot, possibly from a pint glass or someone stepping on it (possibly myself). Shall go tomorrow instead. PROMISE!
  • Options
    Hi all

Thank you for a great night last night and for making my friend feel welcome.

I met too many to name and still didn't meet all.

I'll put the 28th in the diary.
  • Options
    I'm doing Silverstone Calamity!
  • Options
    GavoGavo ✭✭✭
    I'll be there again on the 28th (now there's a surprise) but will be on the wagon by then so I'll have to check the 'Social Club' regulations on sobriety.

Got there just after WWR from what I guess, followed by Dog Walker. The tables were then cleared & Mandy W (now M) came in. DW & I looked over a few times & asked ourselves if we thought that she was 'one of us'. I'm blaming DW as I did suggest (honestly) going over and he chickened out.

Left early-ish again (things to do this morning was my feeble excuse) but will try to stay until the night bus hour next time. Good to meet all of the newbies that I managed to speak to last night as well as seeing some of the more veteran URWFRC drinkers.

If I don't see you at Wokingham or Bramley then I'll see yaz again at the end of the month.
  • Options
    Nearly forgot Extra big virtual bunch of flowers to mandy for sorting out the tables and then guarding them so valiantly til i arrived. How could one so delicate and feminine look so vicious when roused. She scared me when I tried to pinch a seat (not Hers). Thanks again M
  • Options
    It's the tiger in me.

Thanks for the flowers - they're just what I needed to cheer me up.
  • Options
    I think you lot bring out the worst in me!!!
  • Options
    Ah bless :)

Right I've emailed a lot of you the piccies I had. I must get a memory card for the next one!

• Options
    I can't believe I managed to run today..it turned into a fab sunny day down here, and I couldn't resist..it got rid of the hangover, but I've still got a rough throat! 17 miles tomorrow..hope it stays nice.
  • Options
    TwoDogs, bet it rains or snows, bound to after me skipping the chance to run in the mild weather today.

Bum.
  • Options
    Saturday night and I'm doing this. I have no life!

Attended

Ashley
    Big Bopper
    Caz
    Dog Walker
    Fany
    Gavo
    Gecko
    Hannah Hennessy
    Jim the plum
    Jon
    Jonathan
    Josie Jump
    KangaWallaFox
    Luisa
    MandyW (Now M)
    Meggles
    Niki
    Picketty
    RichardM
    Sam Panther
    Scotty H
    Snoop
    Spans
    SquintElfStyle
    SusieBee
    Sweeper (aka Simon)
    TwoDogs
    Venom

16 boys : 12 girls attended

Couldn’t make it for various reasons

38DD
    Calamity
    Gareth L
    Iain
    Jez
    Legless
    MatW
    Nick Sutton (aka Mr. Di Canio)
    Northern Nut
    Shambler
    Suz
    Sythree
    Tired Legs
    Waapster
    Wally
    Wolf with Runs

12 boys : 4 girls unattanded
  • Options
    oi caz!!! change that list of shame.

i was in the SJT at 1740 to 1745 - not a runner in sight and all six tables occupied, so couldn't sit down and wait it out.

given that i neede to be on the 6.30 train and that i had driven to the station cos of snow - so no grog - i blew the whiistle on myself then.

better planning and less snow next time will do the trick

still looking forward to seeing some of you (watford tomorrow, wokingham, bramley, reading, cranleigh, woking , berkhamsted and kingston....and FLM)
  • Options
    Sorry WWR (he, he, he). You were a little early for us. Will you make the next one?

If you want to see piccies of last night, then please email me and I'll send them over to you.

Cheers

Caz
  • Options
    Caz you are not the sadest it was me. I posted before you last night and after you with a roll call of all those I spoke to.

Well I left about 11.50 went for a chineese and burnt the living daylights out of my mouth so I have absolutely no taste buds this morning.

Saw Snoop Dog at Cahring Cross looking very very vague, he fell asleep shorthly after passing London Bridge and took a lot of shaking to wake him up at Petts Wood. He had to cry out of his training run this morning (I wonder why), and I understand woke up on the sette with MTV on still dressed from last night.

Kids let me sleep in until 7.30am before they started fighting, so I did get 4 hours sleep before being dragged out of bed, surprised to say no hangover, so for once I judged it right.

Caz, I gave you a chance for a snog but well, you turned me down so you can't say you didn't have a chance.

Jim the Plum Christopher replied to you.

See you on 28th possably, but possably not as I am doing Thanet 20 on 2nd and may be down there so we will see.

Jon, you really must sort out your drinking problem, beer is supposed to go down the inside of your throat not down the outside of your jeans!

Oh and I just noticed I am logged in as my 7 year old son who despite being our youngest member (yep he has a kit and races, and posts on the forums), didn't manage to make it last night as his horrible dad made him go to bed early, but don't worry Ill let him join us in 11 years!

Ashley
  • Options
    OH my Goodness which thread has Christopher replied to
  • Options
    Cheers for the beers last night (i still feel v rough)

It was a pleasure getting drunken in such excellent company!

BigBopper-hopefully see you at Watford tomorrow (orange top right? :)

Cheers,
    Col.
  • Options
    Hi Folks - it's taken 2 days to muster the hand/eye coordination again to login & type. Great night from what I remember and what a nice bunch of bods ! No idea how or when I got home but apparently snored like a champion.
    Caz - champion social secretary, well done :)

Got a leaving do on the 28th but will be along later .....
  • Options
    Thanks Kanga, you are on the list!

I feel soooo much better today for a early night. All I need to do now is go out for a run, go shopping and do the housework. Ah well.

Good luck to those racing today. (ARGH, two weeks to Sidcup!)
  • Options
    Ashley! You could have told me that at the start of the night! Grrrrr...
  • Options
    Congratulations Caz! That has to be the worst photo of me I've ever seen!

:-)

BB
  • Options
    No it's alright. (What do they normally look like?)

I'm very unphotogenic myself, either that or I'm dead ugly :)
  • Options
    What are you saying, I'm a cr*p photographer? CHEEK!
  • Options
    Let's see....you're slim and you wear fishnets....you can't be dead ugly. I guess you're just unphotogenic.

BB
  • Options
    Ah thanks.

What about the bloody gorgeous face? No? Damn :)