Options

Cyprus International 4 day challenge

Comments

• Options
    Hey hun

would of loved to, but its too expensive.

Perhaps next year. :0(
    xx
  • Options
    Not yet, but hoping to. Got to beat scobos at the very least anyway. :-)
  • Options
    mightos-5
    entered today, so look forward to meeting you and Scobos soon. Mrs TTT can't come because she's got to do a conference and she can't get out of it, that means there's nobody to stop me drinking too much and making a total prat of myself (for a change).

See you at the Bar!!!!!!
  • Options
    Heh-heh...we're back!

Obviously Mightos-5 will keep you on the straight and narrow as far as the drinking is concerned...

Who'll be setting the floor alight this year with their Greek dancing?

It's going to be a tough event in that tiger suit!

See you soon (at the bar).
  • Options
    Evening all!!

Well here we are, just over a week to go are we set???

BSD - Pity you can't make it this year it would be good to see you and Paul again!! as you say maybe next year!!

TTT - Why do I constantly think of Frosties when I hear your name......can't believe you're running London in that suit, a very worthwhile cause and am looking forward to seeing you on route!! It's a real shame Mrs TTT can't make it this year, i'll miss her!! I was thinking of staying T-total for the week, then I woke up and laughed!!! Are you on the Manchester or Gatwick flight????

The weather in Scotland is rotten, the thought of lying by that pool after a run can't come quick enough I tell you! I've had a tough year injury wise so don't feel ready for the challenge at all but I know i'll complete it even if I need to walk!! Just to get that medal on at the end is worth all the pain......just remind me of that nearer the time!!

Mike G -if you read this can you put in a good word for a good room with a fab view for us????

See you in the bar!!!
  • Options
    Mightos5:
    got all my details today from 2:09 I am going from Manchester, how about you two.

We've moved at last!!!!!!!!!!!

So I amready for the break, but definately no racing for me this year, If you get to the bar before me I'll have a pint.
  • Options
    Manchester flight for us too...9am on Wednesday.

We've bought a house up North too...we complete while we're in Cyprus!

Maybe see you at t'airport!
  • Options
    yep I'll be there same flight as you 2,
    Can't wait but really stressed at the moment, computer died and loads of little problems to deal with since the move.
  • Options
    stressed out eh?? Maybe you'll need more than 1 pint to get you started on Wednesday?!? No problems with the house I hope?

I can't wait to get to the sunshine, just back from a run in the peeing rain, windy and freezing...brrrrrr....

Are you bringing the Tiger outfit?

• Options
    Mrs TTT says and I quote "Piss off to the sun wee Jimmy"

She's not at all jealous at having to stay behind is she?

She says she wants a tumble drier and a haircut as compensation!!!!!!

It looks like 2 house warmings now and maybe a meet down in London again.

See you both at Manchester.
  • Options
    Hi All
    Entered late; flying from Stanstead Tuesday, so we'll be there first.
    Look forward to seeing you all again.
    K.
  • Options
    I am going to be in Cyprus visiting my Gran next week. Might come to Paphos on Sunday to watch the final challenge run....was going to run it but still recovering from the chicago marathon...

Good luck to you all...it's 20c and Gran'ma says its lovely weather....

Zed
  • Options
    Fir Leg:

now that's an interesting name, where did you pluck that one from? It was good to see you and Mrs Fir Leg too. Well done on a superb result and I hope to be back again next year with Mrs TTT.

Scobos and Mightos5:
    Thankyou both for chaperoning me and stopping me from getting pished every night. Good luck with the Ikea and DIY Scobos.

Let's big it up for "The Proclaimers", we'll be 1st next year. Just off down the shops soon to order my yellow vest!!!!!

Zed :->

try and get to the event next year, it is very hard but also very rewarding, I can only recommend it. The team from 2:09 and Arena are absolutely fantastic.

MG2 and Bob:
    if you get to read this post Thankyou, even better than last year!!!!!!
  • Options
    Somewhere in the Akamas I think, but thanks for complement T.
    Touched down, swapped suitacases, then jet off for the Calvia Half (read TTTs article on the plane).
    I've achey achey legs now, but it was worth it.
  • Options
    Hi any of you guys doing this one again i've just entered it'll be my first race outside Britain. The 11k sounds like fun.
  • Options
    Am seriously thinking of giving it a go work permitting anyone from the lincoln area thinking of giving it a bash??
  • Options
    Good man chris you know it makes good sense.
  • Options
    Am entered for the 2007 Cyprus Challenge. My brother and I are running it - our Grandmother lives over there so it's a family thing but staying at the Event hotel....

Am training with 10k's soon and then half marathons come October time. Done 2 marathoons and the 4 consecutive days sound hard but do-able.....hopefully!!

Zed :->
  • Options
    Brilliant event. As you'll see above, done the last 2 years.

It is tough though...after the first one, my legs were aching way beyond what they've ever been post-marathon. Knowing what to expect second time around made it (very slightly) easier, but the 11k remained hellish!!!

Don't think I'll make it this year unfortunately.

Sure you'll have a great time.
  • Options

Scobos - thanks for the note.  Oh dear - legs worse than a marathon.......yikes.  I can't walk for 2 days after running marathons it would seem.

Better step up the hill training a bit too..........

Zed

• Options
    I find hard walking after marathons for at least a week but i have started doing a lot of hill work so i think ill be ok just about.
  • Options

Bad day at the office - good run when I eventually got home.

Tommythesicknote - take it you are doing the event in Cyprus?!  Have you done it before?

Zed

• Options

Yes i am doing this event and no it'll be  the first time i have run outside the uk so i'll be like a fish out of water.

I did some treadmill work today in the gym today 45 mins on 6.0 incline so i climed 450m I'll do 7 miles on the road tomoz.

• Options

I live in Edinburgh so plenty of hills to train on....how much of a climb is hill run on day 2 then?  Think I saw it somewhere..................

Are you staying at the event hotel then?  I am with my brother who is also running and my Grandmother who is joining us (she lives in Cyprus).

Zoe

• Options

It's a 600m climb flat for the first 3k and then a steady climb for the last 8.

And yes I'm staying at the event hotel the coral beach but I'm on my own i couldn't get anyone crazy enough to do it with me.

I missed my run tonight so i'll have to make up for it tomorrow.

• Options

Day 1: We kick off with a 6km time trial, with starting positions randomly drawn and runners setting off at 15 sec intervals. This is a flat and fast road run from the little harbour in front of the Coral Beach Hotel to Sea Caves near St. Georges Bay. 

Day 2: The Hill Race, a 600m climb over 11 km on trails from sea level to a high point near the little town Pano Ardores with fantastic views of both the north & south coast. The first 3 and a bit kms are fairly flat so you can get your legs moving, then it's a fairly still 8km climb to the top.

Day 3: The Trail Half-Marathon running across the Akamas National Park through forests and along coast paths. From the little town of Neo Chorio on the north side of the Akamas you run up hill for 5km before emerging on running along a jeep trail on a ridge through the centre of tha Kamas before dropping to the south coast and finishing on the flatter coastal trail close to where the hill race started. 

Day 4: The 10k. A standard, and very flat, road 10km through the resort of Paphos.

• Options

Oh - bit of a climb then?  I have a GPS so will find a run with a 600m climb somewhere to practice on.

All of us are at the event hotel for 4 nights.  Our 84 yr old grandmother is coming to the Pasta Party!!

Ran this morning but was tired.  Happy training  - got Glasgow 10k a couple of weeks.

Zed

• Options

Its hard for me to find a steady climb like that but there is a lot of very steep hills in the park next to me and at the mo i can do a 600m climb on the treadmill over 10k and i am hoping to get that up to 800m.

Good luck for glasgow i've got nothing penceled in at the moment but i'm thinking about the cardiff half i did the full last year but they are only doing the half this year.

I did 10 miles yesterday in the heat and i did 5k on the rowing machine and a bit of weight training today.

• Options

Not quite up to 10 miles yet.  Did the glasgow 10k this morning in 56:25 which I am happy with considering I have not run 6 miles since last October in my training for the Chicago Marathon!

Hill run training starts now....

Zed