Liverpool Half Marathon (Roll Call!)

Comments

• Loki,

Can you e-mail me the info on the Birkenhead Park and Thurstaston race please.

I'm in Chester and could add them to my diary!

Cheers!
  • Biastai - unfortunately I don't have any info on them yet - last year they were listed on the runliverpool site, but last time I looked it was still 2005 on there.

from memory, thurstaston was first week in May, Birkenhead Park first week in June.

The thurstaston race starts at thurstaston visitor centre, (resgistration is round the back) goes down the road with the speedbumps through the caravan park, down to the beach, along the beach for a couple of miles, off the beach up towards lower heswall, a loop through the heswall dales then back along the wirral way to finish at the visitor centre. Probably 5.5-6 miles. Hard work, but a great run on a summer's evening.

The Birkenhead Park race - registration at the rugby club, then five laps of the park, with a short section on the road on each lap. There is a slight slope to one corner of the course, which gets steeper with each lap, but its a definite PB course and lovely if the weather is nice. There are kids races before as well.

I'd heartily recommend both, fairly clubby but I was a way from last when I was in 40 min 5m shape.

I'll keep an eye out for any info for this year and post it if I find anything, I think I got leaflets for both at various merseyside races (I got most of a tree stuck in my wipers at croxteth park)last year, but I'm not doing any of them this time, so if the rest of you can keep an eye out, that'd be helpful.
  • well, trust them to make a liar out of me

http://www.runliverpool.org.uk/Events_List_2006/index.asp

both races are in the "unconfirmed" section at the bottom, and the seaside run dates are on there too.
  • Loki,

Thanks for that! I'll take a peek at them and might do them both. I like the idea of supporting local runs.

I remember Birkenhead park from my childhood, so it would be nice to race around it.
  • OK - I'm in for Liverpool.

Was it just me - or no stuff about £2 discount for club runners and no mention of club name ?

Bhead Park may be fun - I've raced bikes round there and that climb really tells after an hour.
  • I'll definitely be there for thurstaston, will do that and the seaside run in May instead of the Gin Pit. Not so sure about birkenhead as its the week after garburn, but if the weather is nice I might come out and limp around.

definitely no club stuff cougs - on the events page there's just one price for everyone.
  • having re-read my last post, can I just preempt any Sun-style LibDem jokes - we're better than that, folks.
  • sweeps going to have a go at this one!!!
  • Sweep,you`re alive,where have you been hiding?
  • just assing myself to the list

Cath
    Loki
    Pink Minnie
    Viking
    sdtoot
    Alison and Mummy Fraser
    Rio Fair
    Racer Back
    Jog*jog*jog
    All Terrain
    Jakesy
    Glugg
    fat boy slim
    Marcus
    Lou
    Simon_Smith
    Beer & Lard
    Gavo
    Squirrelly
    Davey Muv
    sprinting toffee
    .Jo.
  • Last year was my first race , this year will be my second , i loved it last year it was a fantasic atmosphere and the course is brill. Looking forward to it

Cath
    Loki
    Pink Minnie
    Viking
    sdtoot
    Alison and Mummy Fraser
    Rio Fair
    Racer Back
    Jog*jog*jog
    All Terrain
    Jakesy
    Glugg
    fat boy slim
    Marcus
    Lou
    Simon_Smith
    Beer & Lard
    Gavo
    Squirrelly
    Davey Muv
    sprinting toffee
    .Jo.
    Craig Bond
  • Cool!

A list, must get on it!

Alison and Mummy Fraser
    All Terrain
    Beer & Lard
    Biastai
    Cath
    Craig Bond
    Davey Muv
    Gavo
    Glugg
    Jakesy
    fat boy slim
    .Jo.
    Jog*jog*jog
    Loki
    Lou
    Marcus
    Pink Minnie
    Racer Back
    Rio Fair
    Simon_Smith
    sprinting toffee
    Squirrelly
    sdtoot
    Viking

• and me ......in under 110 minutes, if I get back into training and the wind pushes me up Parly.

Alison and Mummy Fraser
    All Terrain
    Beer & Lard
    Biastai
    Cath
    Craig Bond
    Davey Muv
    Gavo
    Glugg
    Jakesy
    fat boy slim
    .Jo.
    Jog*jog*jog
    Loki
    Lou
    Marcus
    Pink Minnie
    Racer Back
    Rio Fair
    Simon_Smith
    sprinting toffee
    Squirrelly
    sdtoot
    Treadmiller
    Viking

• Just added myself to the list.

Alison and Mummy Fraser
    All Terrain
    An Accelerating Tractor Boy
    Beer & Lard
    Biastai
    Cath
    Craig Bond
    Davey Muv
    Gavo
    Glugg
    Jakesy
    fat boy slim
    .Jo.
    Jog*jog*jog
    Loki
    Lou
    Marcus
    Pink Minnie
    Racer Back
    Rio Fair
    Simon_Smith
    sprinting toffee
    Squirrelly
    sdtoot
    Treadmiller
    Viking
  • Races for this year:

Inverness half (March 12 running)
    Liverpool half (March 19 walking)
    Edibnburgh half (possibly, it's March 26)

Playtex Moonwalk (May)

Firth of Forth tri (July)

Also want to fit in a couple of 10ks, maybe the Paeroa to Thames 32km race in NZ in September, K2 192km road (bike) race in NZ in October and tentatively the Taupo 1/2 Ironman in December.

As for Liverpool half training... did 9.5km on Tuesday (walked all but 1.5km) in 1:19, was going to run yesterday but went for a sleep instead and tomorrow I'm going to run 9 miles to the pool for a tri club swim set.

Must be mad.

Mum meanwhile has been following her training programme to the letter but doesn't know I'll be keeping her company on the day.
  • So everybody is boycotting the Event linked thread?

Alison and Mummy Fraser
    All Terrain
    Beer & Lard
    Biastai
    Cath
    Craig Bond
    Davey Muv
    Gavo
    Glugg
    Jakesy
    fat boy slim
    .Jo.
    Jog*jog*jog
    Loki
    Lou
    Marcus
    Mr Happy
    Pink Minnie
    Racer Back
    Rio Fair
    Simon_Smith
    sprinting toffee
    Squirrelly
    sdtoot
    Treadmiller
    Viking

• Hi Mr Happy,
    Must say hello in the pool.
  • in the hills of afghanistan with are osama,

sweep had 2 months of lazyness started running again about 4 weeks a go so i will be back at the club soon,

thanks for the concern, bless!!!!
  • Yo Lou. We're going to organise a social gathering if you're interested. Will Mrs Ferretmaster be running this one?

I'm up for 1:45 as a bet with NSSJ
  • Adding myself to list
    Alison and Mummy Fraser
    All Terrain
    Beer & Lard
    Biastai
    Cath
    Craig Bond
    Davey Muv
    Gavo
    Glugg
    Jakesy
    fat boy slim
    .Jo.
    Jog*jog*jog
    Loki
    Lou
    Marcus
    Mr Happy
    Phil 13.1
    Pink Minnie
    Racer Back
    Rio Fair
    Simon_Smith
    sprinting toffee
    Squirrelly
    sdtoot
    Treadmiller
    Viking
  • Right what smart arse put this in alphabetical order? Im always last, im changing my name to Aadvark Viking!!!!
    Will be the only time my name appears first as it certainly won't be on the results after the race!
  • Yes Mr H Mrs F is running. She's also got a place in the FLM. I didn't.
    She's also threatening to join me in the Coniston 14 on April fools day. Guess that should tell me something.
    Lou
  • Aardvark Vicky Viking
    Alison and Mummy Fraser
    All Terrain
    Beer & Lard
    Biastai
    Cath
    Craig Bond
    Davey Muv
    Gavo
    Glugg
    Jakesy
    fat boy slim
    .Jo.
    Jog*jog*jog
    Loki
    Lou
    Marcus
    Mr Happy
    Phil 13.1
    Pink Minnie
    Racer Back
    Rio Fair
    Simon_Smith
    sprinting toffee
    Squirrelly
    sdtoot
    Treadmiller

Happy now! :oP
  • Tee Hee

Mr viking just called you a few names jakesy, cant repeat here there are children in the living room.!!
  • i`ve been called worse things than he can think of
  • Can I be Aardvark Treadmiller?
  • I'm doing this one for a change - I usually do Silverstone - but have decided to go for the one nearer home this year - so whats this one like - is it well organised. And are the runners world pacers there as I found them very usefull at silverstone
  • Treadmiller - NO!

On the day it is very well organised City Fan. 1st and last 3 miles are run around Sefton Park and is all flat...apart from the infamous Upper Parliament Street which is a killer at the 8 mile marker. RW pacers were there last year....I believe they will be back again this year.
  • Oh well. Either I had better get in training.(I don't want to be behind everyone else on the day.)or encourage a forumite named Zzzzz to join this thread!!

Did anyone use the pacing groups last year and if so did they work?