Shades Marathon Training

Comments

• HM4HM4 ✭✭✭

LMUH,

Not too much.  I can take my arm out of the sling & wiggle it around a bit and try to do that minimum 3 times each day (usually about an hour after taking pain relief) and I also try to movemy shoulder a bit while it's in the sling. It's not quite the weather to go for a walk if you can't get a coat done up properly & that would be about the most I think I could do.  

• hmmm i doubt that.. would still like to be able to have a drink or two but definately no where near enough to stop me running the next day.. i'm pretty good normally.. last time i drank anywhere near enough to stop me running was new years eve so it raelly is out of character for me.. will prob have a drink with dinner kind of thing but not a night of drinking if that makes sense image
  • Still not got my shoes image  I messaged the seller on Saturday to check if they had been sent out but no reply yet.  If I don't get one today I will be asking eBay to get involved image
  • Take it all back.  Shoes here when I got home although the DHL label is marked as next day delivery which makes me a wee bit suspicious that they haven't just been held up in the post!  Still lovely new waveriders in a different colour scheme to the current ones so I can tell them apart too and only £32 image
  • My book was sent by Play last sunday and i've still not got it, tried deliverying in both thursday and friday last week when i was at work. Cant request new dates either due to 'winter weather problems'
  • SHADESSHADES ✭✭✭✭

LMH - let's hope the weather is better by the time you run Brass Monkey.

Bridget - good news the shoes arrived and a bargain too.   it seems to be a good year for bargain shoes, I've bought all I need for 2011 races (3 new pairs).

Still haven't done any Xmas cards, it's such a chore.  I'll probably do them Sunday and post last minute as per usual!

Must go and eat, I'm so hungry today 

• I'm not doing cards this year, can't be bothered!

I know where you're coming from LMUH, I'd be climbing the walls but I'm sure the rest will be doing you good. Take care.

VR, I like your style. Its ALL about prioritiesimage

Hope you get to your club marathon Shades & VR.

Good for you to keep going bootsie. It is a big ask to keep running for 31 days non-stopimage

Ran 5 miles tonight, Garmin decided to switch itself back on after I'd come indoors so it mucked up my run statsimage Had a good run though, really enjoying the running every dayimage

• Mrs Mac - well done on the running every day! I'm too lazy.imageimage

Feel really tired tonight after a long day at work so haven't ventured out - maybe tomorrow, suppose should get out before we freeze up again!

Not sure I can be bothered with cards either though will do some to the folks haven't seen for yonks - none for local folk I'm afraid. Except we ordered some lifeboat ones and they haven't come yet = good excuse if they all arrive in Janimage. I hear lots of online folk including Amazon and Parcelforce aren't delivering to Scotland any more because of the weather - so guess even if I get my parcels wrapped they may not get away either. No point ordering those new trainers eitherimageimage.

LMUH - sure you will feel better soon but then the snow may be backimage.

VR/Shades - where is this marathon you're talking about?

P has had some time off and been sorting out the roofspace - came home to find my wedding dress(26 yr old) and dress from my sister's wedding (25 yr old) have been excavated. Scaryimage. The wedding dress looks a bit manky but the "bridsmaid" one looks in surprisingly good nick. Wierd to see them again.

P and R were talking about the weather forecast - blizzard on Thurs and gales on Sat and then Peter said he wondered which one I'd be out running in - R answered probably both because I'm mental! Good to set an example to your kids!image

• did 45 min spinning class followed by 4.15km run in 25 mins.. knackered.. home for a big dinner
  • Speedwork tonight and my legs seem to have come back to me image

I found myself thinking I needed another pair of shoes and some long leggings and then remembered that I might be getting some kit for free if all goes well image

• SHADESSHADES ✭✭✭✭

Mrs Mac - my Garmin sometimes switches itself off but has never switched itself back on

AGM marathon isn't until 9th January

Elpseth - AGM marathon is in Bromley, it's a handicap race so we supply our last 7 marathons this year and deleting the fastest and slowest time, handcap times are set.   Race is open to 100 club members and some guests.   I think it's 3 or 4 laps with a bit of off road (unfortunately), but it's our AGM afterwards and I'm a committee member so I do like to be there.

LOL at the wedding dress...is it a white one?

Bridget - when will you hear about the SS, Friday?

Had a great run this morning as it's much warmer than forecast and there's no ice or frost, didn't even need a jacket, 8 miles done

• I'm afraid you might be right Elspeth - I'm definitely not up to doing anything at all yet and the forecast for us is for snow from Thursday and gales - which may mean that I don't get to run outside again image  Unfortunately I think I may have recovered enough to go to my dentists appointment on Friday!
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • HM4HM4 ✭✭✭

Bridget,

When do you get to find out about the super six?

• Just had my good news. My shopping trip to New York with some running is on for March 20. It is the half marathon from Central Park to Battery Park on the southern tip of Manhattan.

There was a ballot and it has just come through. I don't know how Bridget is coping with the waiting- just a ballot was hard enough.

I have a problem though. I have the entry to VLM that I waited 6 years for and at the moment I couldn't be less interested in running it. 

• MY SHOES ARRIVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wd - maybe take a break for a while and the interest might come back ?

• 2.72 miles done in 25 mins in new shoes and orthotics.. feels still and wierd but not painful yay!
  • Being i nearly fell over nigh in a dozen times covering a mere mile last night going home from work, both running (albeit more slowly and with great care in places) and walking up some slopes I opted for the stay inside approach today image. It wasn't even ice either but just the frost which was making things so slippy.

Gotta decide which day to head south on next week too as mummy is insisting on updates on me travelling down etc. Also gotta get a new mobile being the one i had was with a small company via Man Utd supporters trust and has since gone into liquidation (only discovered when the receivers sent a letter saying they wanted payment, i checked and actually i am owed money it turns out based off of my banking records) so my number is blocked at the moment.

Will hopefully get to keep the current number to negate any new number issues and will head to the Orange shop in Carlisleto get one at the weekend

• Shades - hope the weather forecast is wrong and you come down this weekend.  image

Bootsie - another one in love, aaaaaaaaaawwww!  Was supposed to be doing Bournemouth Track Mara (half mara for me), but that's been scuppered by no running for nearly 3 weeks due to illness.  New shoosies - good stuff!  image

Keith - you're a right handful after a few drinks aren't you?  imageimage

HY4 - positive thinking and speedy recovery and all that stuff!  image

USB - new shoosies - yay!  image

Elspeth - couldn't even consider running a half mara after two lots of illness - tracheitis; then this recent 36 hr virus.  How lovely to see your wedding dress again.  image

VR - going to have to do the 5th amendment and blush lots!  image  You still coming on Saturday?  image

Mrs Mac - speedy daily running.  imageimage

LMUH - poor you - hope you feel much better soon.  image

WD - your mojo will come back after Christmas, when you need it again.  image

Had to go home yesterday morning as felt grotty, so went round to see D.  image  However, feel so much better this morning and don't need any more painkillers, so it must be a 36 hr virus.  Looking forward to contemplating going out for a run this weekend - will have to take it easy at first.  image

• HM4HM4 ✭✭✭

Flossie,

Thanks.

WD,

Well done.

Keith,

Hope you get your mobile phone problems sorted out.

• I have just realised that Shades started this thread 5 years ago today! Happy anniversary Shades and thanks for the thread. i have found it very helpful and supportive. 

• WD - great news about the ballot place. Why not defer VLM?

Flossie - I shall be starting with something short and easy when I get back to it too. Good to hear that you're feeling better.

Keith - hope you can get the mobile sorted without too much hassle.

Managed the day at work drug free today but still couldn't even think about exercise - the forecast bad weather is going to arrive just as I feel up to getting out and about isn't it? image

• SHADESSHADES ✭✭✭✭

WD - thank you for your lovely comments re the thread.   I'm still getting lots of requests for the training plans, another 4 today.

Well done on winning  a place in the ballot for NY.   I was going to say the same thing as LMH, that is to defer VLM and see how you feel next year

Keith - that's bad luck with your mobile

Flossie - hope you are finally on the mend now, can't blame the kids at school this time.   Forecast still looks too bad for driving at the weekend but I'm constantly checking for updates on the situation.

LMH - good to know you're thinking about training again

• Shades - congratulations on 5 years anniversary for the thread.  This thread has helped me enormously and a big thankyou to you and everybody for all the great advice.  I've been catching big people germs this time.  See you if we see you, but keeping fingers crossed.  image

WD - do the event that really grabs you, then you'll be motivated to complete the training and enjoy the event.  image

LMUH - first drug free day for me too - good to get feeling back to normal again.  Chin up, at least you're feeling a lot better.  image

• Happy Birthday to the thread image

I think voting closes midday tomorrow although the website actually says Thursday 17th  and 17th is Friday.  Hoping I'll know by the end of tomorrow.

Perhaps I shall have to get my wedding dress out of the airing cupboard.  25 years next year.

• Happy Birthday Shadie Threadimage

Sorry, I read back there but I'm so tired I can't remember what everyone saidimage 

Hope everyone is ok and those who aren't - (((take care)))

Minimum 3 miles done, a struggle and I could go to bed now.

• Happy Birthday thread. How many marathons have us lot run between us since it started? (I'm not going back to count them).

Agree with the comments very supportive thread.

Keith - you may have a problem transferring the number as your existing supplier will need to give you a PAC code so you can transfer the number. They normally will not give you this until any outstanding amount is settled.

Lots of cold and flu going around at the moment. My wife and both kids have been off for the last few days. Strangely, I have been ok. However, bit like waiting for the second shoe to drop, surely I have to come down with it as well.

• mowzermowzer ✭✭✭

Happy Birthday Shadies image. Without this thread I probably wouldn't have even tried a marathon !

Shades - yes, got the laptop sorted. Was expecting to have to pay £30, but the assistant said "He's forgotten to put a price on the invoice, so you won't have to pay." Thank you 'He' image. Though with 2 teens (and a teen's boyfriend) using it I'm not sure that it will last that long image.

I'm having an easy week this week image. Didn't run on Monday or today and maybe not Friday or Saturday either. Had a couple of stressful days re mother and her current attitude to personal hygiene image, but she seems to be back to normal self today. I've still got to write my Christmas cards, haven't even started present buying, and my class are 'doing' the Nativity in church on Friday. At the moment 'Mary' is refusing to have anything to do with the baby image.

Have started to enter some races for next year though - roll on sunshine.

(((All peeps who are feeling poorly or who are injured)))

• Shades - I always think about training - have just been sensible enough to know that it's not going to happen for the past few days image Every evening I say 'I'll see how I feel in the morning and make a decision then' when to be honest I know perfectly well that it would take an overnight miracle to enable me to do anything.

Mrs Mac - I will be off to bed soon!

mowzer - you sound very busy with work and your mum, couldn't leave my xmas shopping this late though - the stress would kill me.

James - hope you avoid the lurgy.

• OOOOoooo Happy Birthday The Shades Thread  image image

Well spotted WD image   I agree, it's the best place to be on RW and I've met some lovely people from it and the infamous Shades herself. Aren't I the lucky one finding out that she lives so close image

I'm still going to Bournemouth even if I have to run there!!!

Went training tonight and did a pyramid session up a hill. Bloody hard. I'm definitely better over longer distances.

There's lurgy in this house too. It had better not get me...

• james - Shouldn't be a problem as its a Orange phone which they supplied to the smaller company, was intending to get a new Orange one as it should make keeping the number a lot easier. Technically i'm actually owed money from the small company that operated my phone account. Whether they owe Orange money or not should be irrelevant to me keeping my number too. Not overly fussed if it changes though as its always a good excuse to thin down the amount of contacts i have image