Shades Marathon Training

Comments

• VR - cos then you might have got stranded in Bournemouth!

HY4 - I'm sure it wouldn't take you very long to get 5k fit if you put your mind to it. I'm guessing you're able to do your knee strengthening exercises with your broken humerus?

bootsie - I know what you mean - having not run long last weekend it feels as if I somehow won't be able to this - mad!

Walk with Grace went well, lungs coped fine with the cold and it's lovely - still, crisp and clear - I so want to be out there. Do hope the dentist doesn't do anything that means that I can't get out for a bimble.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • wierd isn't it LMUH! its just one foot in front of another but you get mind blocks! not to worry i will get out there this weekend whether its on the treddie or the road and do my 8 miles slow and steady and will be very happy with myself!
  • Want to be out there too but just been called into work. Ah well not surprising - back later, enjoy the snow folks!
  • Shades- normal getting up time but I don't always manage to get on here

Excited ........... anxious .............. tied in knots ...................... carrying my phone everyewhere ........

• Ahhhhhh, that feels so much better. 7 miles, enjoying the scenery and the fact that I can run. Lovely.
  • well done LMUH!! thats made me feel confident for sunday..

snow blizzard here now!! and bbc weather is sayingno snow! I'm looking at it you plonkers

• SHADESSHADES ✭✭✭✭

bootsie - LOL at the weather forecast.   

We had heavy snow for about half an hour, but enough for me to abandon the idea of driving to work, it was lovely walking in the snow.   Now lovely and sunny and no more snow but heavy snow forecast for tonight/tomorrow morning.

• blue skies here now!! i'm so confused! going to try and get out of work a bit early in case i get stuck in it.. can't wait to get hom esafe, get little run done and then watch a christmas movie! suggestions anyone?
  • HM4HM4 ✭✭✭

LMUH,

Well done.  The exercises for my knee are a wee bit difficult because I use a band for them however with how I have to pick things up my legs are getting a work out from that.

Bootise,

LOL.  They are saying that the forecast isn't set in stone even for tomorrow.

• SHADESSHADES ✭✭✭✭

Well done Bridget, I guess the training starts in January

I may not have time to be on line later as I might go shopping tonight just in case I can't get my car out tomorrow morning

• HM4HM4 ✭✭✭

Bridget,

Well done.  Does the training really start on Monday?

• Congratulations Bridget.
  • Bridget - well done imageimage - you will be a good choice.

LMUH - glad you feel better and got out.

Whew - tiring day at work, called for more arm muscles than I possess! Any how got home just before 4pm, all the country roads are apparently awful after the drifts and no planes/boats today. Changed and out for a run in the fading light with trusty headtorch - which I must say is proving invaluable, wouldn't use it on the main roads but on the trails and lanes it's great. 6 miles some of it a bit slidey and I suspect it is going to freeze solid overnight and be impossible to run in tomorrowimage. So good to get out tonightimage but had had plans to finish the Christmas shopping and do some other stuff today.

VR - go carefully if you go to Bournemouth.

• Congrats Bridget. You must be thrilled.
  • Well done for getting out today! Orkney was mentioned on the travel news just now!
  • VR - Ha - essentially no one can come here or get away!image My girls have been on the phone wondering how they will get home next week/tomorrow. I think it will improve.
  • Thanks everyone.  I'm excited now rather than anxious but still up in the air.  Yes, training starts on Monday image
  • Elspeth - glad you found some 'you' time. If the weather stops you getting out tomorrow it's a sign that you should do your shopping then image
  • HM4HM4 ✭✭✭

Bridget,

Why are things up in the air?  Is it because you're waiting for your plan?

• mowzermowzer ✭✭✭

Fantastic news Bridget - well done image. Hope the training plan allows for Christmas image.

It's cold, cold, cold here. Everything iced up last night, took muscles to get the car door open this morning, but the main roads were clear. Just before lunchtime we had thick snow for about an hour, then sunshine, then light snow. Expecting it to ice over tonight. Thinking I should have had my easy week next week as I might not be able to get out image.

Nativity went well. Baby rolled off Mary's knee and fell into the basket. Luckily she did pick him up image. Parents took about 15 minutes at the end taking photos - little ones looked really cute.

One week now to do shopping etc. Trouble is, my family say for ages "Can I just have money then I can put it all together and get what I really want". Fine, but then 2 days before Christmas they say "Well, there is ONE thing I'd actually like...."  image

I hate this laptop. I'm sure there's something still wrong with it. I tried to uninstall a programme (which I think one of the teens installed) but it won't uninstall and then I can't get onto anything else and have to close down. And it won't let me do a system restore to an earlier date. And I have to look at the screen as I type (as well as the keys) as the cursor jumps back and inserts the words in the middle of what I've already written image.

VR - are you still going to Bournemouth in the snow? 

• My keyboard does that Mowser. Very annoying.
    Unlikely I'll go tomorrow but I will asses the situation in the morning.
  • HY4 - I meant I was still walking on air really

mowzer - Not looked too far into the plan yet as they are looking to use both 4-00 and 4.30 schedules.  Monday looks to be a cross between 10 mm for 3 miles and 11.30 mm for 2 miles.  To my mind that would be 2.5 miles and 10.45 mm then but I shall see.  I'm ok to get on Boxing Morning first thing but really need a rest day on the day itself so I can survive the MiL

• COngrats Bridget

For those who like to know these things image I had weetabix for brekkie several Quality street and Rose's chocs for tea break, then got the bus down town and had chicken strips with ginger and some spicy sauce thing, roast turkey 2 roast spuds, a small stuffing ball, a pig in blanket, sprouts, carrots, mash, and brocolli with cheese 'sauce' which was more cheese water. Xmas pudd for pudd, one mince pie and then just now sausage and chips as my food today.

I have also had 3 pints of fosters, a glass of wine, and er 8 bottles of smirnoff ice. Its also snowing like buggery outside and the taxi driver was reluctant to come here on the way home. My boss was also out of cash so he woes me for the taxi home not that he will be  the last one out as it was a case of get in taxi and say where you were going as some of the taxi;s were taking 45 mins to get to St Bees from whitehaven which is a round trip of less than 10 miles. Lets just say also that normally the taxis round here barely obey speed limits image Followed them before doing 70-80 down normal roads and 60+ thru 40 zones

• Morning everyone, hope you are all keeping warm

USB- congratulations!!!! that is such good news!

Mowzer- the nativity sounds like it was very sweet. Enjoy the holidays!

Elspeth- i hope your family manage to get home. I am sure it will all thaw by then and we will probably have rain for Christmas.

We are expecting lots of snow here today.

I had a good couple of days up in london with work. We did a course at Fortnum and Mason called 'the art of hostage negotiation'. The main police negotiator in the iranian embassy siege in 1980  came along to talk to us, and one of the negotiators for hostages of somali pirates. We went out for dinner and drinks in the evening and the bill for 30 people came to £7000image £900 service charge!! I went to bed very late and woke up as usual at 6am (very annoying that i can't sleep in) I was supposed to be going to a party last night but i wimped out and went to bed at 9.

Keith- that's alot of smirnoff iceimage hope the head is ok today.

• Morning all. Very cold and icy this morning.

Mowzer - Sounds like you are touching the touchpad (mouse bit) on the laptop as you are typing. My boss use to do this all the time and kept bringing his laptop in to me as it was faulty and I could never find anything wrong with it. I sat with him for 5 mins in the end and watched him. In the end I gave him a mouse and disabled the touchpad.

SiJ - £7,000! One of my clients use to take there staff for Paris on the Eurostar for the day as a Christmas party and it was a lot less than that.

Junior sections Christmas fun and games this morning. So have to stand around in the cold with a stop watch.