Options

Shades Marathon Training

Comments

• Options
    Bootsie - sounds lovely but would need a bit of forward planning.image
  • Options
    SHADES wrote (see)
    I definitely have an addiction problem when it comes to marathons, running shoes and now turkeysimage

OK - I just laughed my head off! image

Happy Christmas to you all. I hope everyone has a great time and enjoys themselves tomorrow.

• Options

lol! thats why everyone buys it pre done!! couldn't be spicing it myself -)

LB Merry Christmas to you too.. hvae a wonderful christmas

• Options

I have muffins to make Boots - for Santa! image

Enjoy Christmas with the clan Bootsie!

• Options
  • Options
    why can't you bridget???
  • Options

LOL - 'My name is Shades and I'm addicted to Turkeys!'image

Safe journey LMUH.

(((WD & Mrs WD)))

Well done on the 10 miler bootsie.

I'm a bit like that with quorn Elspeth, I have it all the time so its nice to have a change. My Mum's making an Italian Nut Roast ( dunno what makes it Italian?!)

I've made my trifle - Chocolate and mandarin. Had a nice 4 ish miles plod with MrMac and now chilling watching the TV.

Have a wonderful day tomorrow everyone, hope Santa's good to youimage

• Options
    SHADESSHADES ✭✭✭✭

<<waves bye bye to LMH>> sorry I missed you, and Happy Christmas

Well I'm exhausted, I don't know how those of you with families cope with all the cooking etc.   One turkey cooked and dismembered and in fridge or freezer.  The other turkey hadn't defrosted so  it's gone into the fridge to finish defrosting slowly and I 'll either cook it tomorrow night or Boxing Day.   There's turkey where ever I look, I think I might be curing myself of any addiction as I've decided not to have any for tonight's dinner.

But presents wrapped and delivered and last of Xmas cards delivered too.   Cake iced, am going to try a piece tonight and plums stewed for the trifle tomorrow.  I should go for a run now but I'm exhausted and it's freezing outside so I might just recline on the sofa instead, will go for a run tomorrow morning, roads will be lovely and quiet.

Happy Xmas all Shadies

• Options

Merry Christmas Shades!

anyone else running tomorrow?

• Options
    mowzermowzer ✭✭✭
    Merry Christmas everyone - have a good one imageimage
  • Options
    HM4HM4 ✭✭✭

Shades,

I think it's going to be a joint effort now as he's on crutches!  He kicked over a cup of freshly done coffee & has his foot all bandaged up & needs to go back to A&E tomorrow at 8.20 am.  The neighbours who took us today are going to take us tomorrow also.

• Options
    Got away from work just before 3.30.  Have been and collected the MiL which was an interesting exercise getting her to the car as we didn't want to go round the back of the flats due to the slope!  Have now delivered her back to the hotel for the night so able to chill a bit.
  • Options

HY - what are the pair of you like!!! Sorry to hear that though, hope you manage to get everything done that needs be in the next few days.image

Have a good Christmas everyone.imageimage Been a busy day today but did get a little run in...and still snowed a bit while i was out.

Don't eat all the turkeys Shades!

• Options
    SHADESSHADES ✭✭✭✭

Merry Christmas everybodyimageimageimage 

I hope you all have a happy and (reasonably) peaceful day

bootsie - i can see why you buy the spiced beef, can't wait a fortnight !   Will have to try some when I'm in Cork next June.

Have woken up hungry this morning, am looking forward to my turkey.  Am going out for a little run once it gets light

<<<wafts out in a cloud of Chanel>>>

• Options

((((HY))))

Merry Christmas to all shadies!! I'm going for a VVLSR tomorrow to burn off those extra calories.

Hugs & Kisses

• Options
    SHADESSHADES ✭✭✭✭

HY4 - sorry, I missed your post about Chris.   I think this will be a Xmas you both remember.   It's good that you've got kind neighbours to take him to A & E

OMG it is so cold out there, definitely the coldest I've ever run in, 5 miles done, don't think I could have done any more as parts of me get colder and colder.   My hanky which was in my jacket pocket froze!

Saw another runner out and he was wearing shorts!!!!!!!!!!

Molly & Bridget - have a lovely day

• Options
    SHADESSHADES ✭✭✭✭

Had coffee and cake to warm me up, off for a hot Chanel bath now, then into the kitchen for the morning.

Might be back on line later if I don't eat too much and can waddle to the computer

I'm also going to go down to the park this afternoon to feed the birds, they're starving in this weather, saw a couple of dead birds when i was out running.

• Options

Happy Christmas to all you lovely Shadies imageimageimage

HY4 - I missed that! What happened to Chris?

I had to wear my spikes to the wheelie bins on the drive just now and your right Shades, it's numbingly cold! I wish all this ice would bugger off!!!
    Must of felt good to get 5 miles in.

Going to get wrapped up soon for a brisk walk with Jet before lunch, we are going to Widecombe again for lunch image Hope we get there safely otherwise it's Turkey Twizzlers for lunch image

• Options
    HM4HM4 ✭✭✭

VR,

He managed to knock a freshly made coffee over his foot.  I'm with you regarding the ice.

Elspeth,

Yep we are.

Shades & Molly,

Thanks for your wishes regarding Chris.

------------

Good news from the hospital it looks as though everything is going to heal fine & as there's no damage to the ball of his foot he can walk on that part.  He'll need to go to the GP's nurse on either Wednesday/Thursday.

• Options
    Happy Xmas all, studying the weather forecasts on multiple sites has lead me to believe there is a decent chance i could depart southwards Boxing day or perhaps the day after then return after new year. A little riskier assuming the weather is correct into the new year but not to fussed by that. Will ponder things during the next day or so. www.raintoday.co.uk says its above zero outside and still to get warmer during the day with sleet and rain on the way, met office states snow.
  • Options
    Merry Christmas everyone image
  • Options

Happy Christmas Shadies.
  • Options

Merry Christmas shadies!! 3.3 mile run done and dusted.. horses fed and treated, turkey in the oven.. presents opened.. time to chill for a bit! very exciting happy christmas day!

,much love to all (((((((())))))))))))

• Options

Happy Christmas everyone - hope you've all had a great day. We took Grace out for a three mile x-country run this morning - lots of uphill in ankle deep snow made it a good, if short, workout.

Glad to hear that Chris is going to be ok to get around HY4.

Right - must be time for xmas pud! image

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Options
  • Options
    YES!!! You find yourself immune from the naughty step. Well done Els. I'm impressed!
  • Options
    We had an eventful lunch. Got to Widecombe ok but went past the pub too far trying to find somewhere to park and went up a hill. Turned round but got stuck going back up! Butler and the girls had to get outand push me up! Managed to park ok then went we got into The Old Inn theyhad a gas leak from early this morning and couldn't use the gas for cooking. Plus it was freezing in there. They had -12 last night!
    Lunch was modified a bit for the veggies and we still had Roast Turkey. Our bill was about 60% knocked off.
    Was good to get back home in the warm and opened a bottle of Cava.

So what did the Shadies get for Christmas?
  • Options

It suddenly came to me when I woke up this morningimage, No more naughty step for meimageimage

Our lunch worked out fine though a bit stressful getting it all together on time. Even caught a bit of the boy's Ba game this morning, but it's too cold for standing around on the streets!

I got a reindeer pinnyimage, a lovely puffin necklace, books, choc. Bit odd without T here but we had a long phonecall this morning from Glasgow.

The girls built a hugh snow/ice man in the garden - we've only had snow for 4 weeks and only just got round to it - obviously needed all three of them.

Most amusing present was the card from my youngest sister, who doesn't see us often "to my sister, hope your Christmas is as stylish as you are" which got a lot of laughs from the girls as I had just come in from my run yesterday and was dressed in my LIdl running tights, fluorescent yellow fleece and hatimage.

Hope everyone is having a nice dayimage

Waiting to hear what Mr LB has done this year!