Shades Marathon Training

Comments

• Dunno

Currently contemplating a highly drastic course of action.

It doesn't involve anything to do with cutting back on crap food and more veggies however so dont get your hopes up image

More a case of its 20 weeks til Windermere Marathon (assuming i haven't cocked up the calculation) which gives me 2 weeks (as of Monday 3rd jan naturally image)  to reacquire my lost fitness and commence a P&D 18 week plan. With Silverstone in early March too plus a few local races and perhaps a 23 mile LDWA event (not decided on this one yet, perhaps a little to soon, i do know the route having done it last year though).

Hopefully less racing will result in more focused training which would be a first for me, heaven forbid i might actually bother stretching. It may make all the difference between sub 4 or not. And yes ideally i'll be wanting a big PB at Silverstone too, after all its one of my oldest bloody PBs now image

• HM4HM4 ✭✭✭

VR,

I saw that last year & decided not to bother as I thought I ddn't do enough miles to make a difference.

Keith,

Hope this works for you.

• Keith - Cutting back on crap food and eating more veggies would help....she says, eating a bag of cheese and onion crisps image 
  • Flossie - I am soooo pleased for you! D sounds as if he's making you very happy & you deserve it! I'd have loved to have seen a photo of Flossettes face as she opened her present!

VR - I ate a whole box of Ferrero Rochers on Xmas Day image- but I started a no-salt regime on Boxing day.

((Si J)) - December is definitely a duff month for you, get well soon!

Elsp - reindeer pinny! how cute!!!

Shades - what's next on your racing calendar? I've got a HM on Jan 6th and then the Naples mara on Jan 30th. I'm doing a race on Dec 31st at 5pm and I may win......because I'll be the female there as all the others will be getting their hair done!!! image

I got what I expected for Xmas - now't! I'm used to that and I shall buy myself a pair of skins next month and a new pair of running shoes!

I had a Marilyn moment yesterday and I spent 5 1/2hrs in the hairdresser's to become BLONDE! I look like LMUH's sister! I went  out this morning and loads of fellas turned round to look at me! I couldn't believe it, I thought I must have had my skirt tucked in my knickers or something. How ridiculous I'm still me after all. So is it true then, do blondes have more fun??image

• LB - you lucky gal !!! So who did you bump into then??!!!
  • Molly - you'll have to post a picture.image

Pretty rubbish Christmas pressie though.image

I bet LB had a good time, we will have to have a "special" report from her.

We had a nice meal out too last night as had been going to go out for Peter's (late ) Birthday last week but he got a sick bug so finally recovered we did it last night instead. Had a lovely mealimage. The girls go back south tonight though.

Half day at work today so a little run this afternoon, 7.5 miles with glassy seas and a setting sun - very pretty. Not so great that sunset is just after 3pm though! Good for the girls that the wind has gone down too.

Bit fed up that the JS lot are going out tomorrow morning instead of the usual time as guess who is working - haven't managed to run with anyone else for ages.

Keith - go for it - the training plan and the healthy diet - she says after another piece of Christmas cake - it tastes especially good after a run!image I'm sure Shades would approve image but not VRimage.

• Molly - no races here for ages and ages - but need to get some training miles in and bump up the long runs. Might have to join LB at Shades's Boot Camp. When is your Rome marathon?
  • USB - I've just read the super six results! That's FANTASTIC!!!!!! See you in Paris then!image You're famous!!!!!!
  • Elsp - it's Naples on Jan 30th, then Rome is March 20th and Paris on 10th April. Then the 100kimage at the end of May!  I did a 24k on Sun and I'm off out tomorrow for an 18k in the morning. I need to build up some miles in my legs. As soon as I get a decent pic of my canary head, I'll post it!!image What are your plans for 2011?? Is Dublin the next get-together???
  • I've not had any Xmas cake just yet image
  • Shades - the meal went absolutely great thanks.  Was a bit of a challenge with the furniture and fitting in 7 people, something D very helpfully pointed out early in the morning.  Somehow coped with doing everything and serving up.  Was absolutely exhausted when everyone had gone.  I like pretty lingerie too and some more trainers as seem to be down to one pair again.  Need to buy another two pairs quickly as Mizuno's didn't suit running gait - it really is back to the Asics collection for me.  image

LMUH - at long last the knobbly ice has gone off our roads.  It's been raining and now it's drizzling, but at least it's safe to go out running again without hopping over icy bits.  Celebrated it with a good vigorous 3m run last night - great to be back out there again.  image

USB - don't know how many kettles I've finished off by cleaning them with descaler.  They're never the same again are they?  Training's sounding as though it's going well.  image

Mrs Mac - that sounded like a near miss with your knee - great to hear you're back out there running again.  image

SiJ - hope you're feeling a bit better today.  image

Elspeth - sorry to hear about the phone and that you're back at work so soon.  Got feet absolutely soaked with icy slush the other day with trainers on in staff car park - not the greatest start to that day.  Hope it's all melted today for you, so that you can get out there safely.  image

James - glad you managed to get good run in yesterday.  Friday's last run of the year sounds like fun and lovely that your son will join you at 5 mile mark.  image

LB - hope you're in absolute heaven after having lunch at The Ivy - that's some dining destination.  image

VR - cheese and onion crisps?  Just polished off half a layer of milk tray - Flossette eats the fruity ones and I eat the nutty ones - figures I guess.  image

Molly - really hope you have a much better 2011.  Show us a piccie of your blonde hair.  image

Keith - eat your brussels sprouts, you know they're good for you.  imageimage

HY4 - hope that you're both feeling a lot better.  image

Had a great 3rd run last night - it always takes about 3 runs to get going after a layoff.  Hope everyone's having a good day.  image

• Molly - Yes they do!!!!!  Have more fun that is image I bet you look stunning!
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Xc5wIpUenQ

Who is making that for me once i go Sub 4 image Be warned NOT for the veggies amongst us, unless you like bacon.

VR - Just out of interest there any races this weekend? Well Friday or Sat ideally as i'll be heading homewards Sunday afternoon probably. Am heading down at some ungodly hour in the morning through the fog no doubt.

• HM4HM4 ✭✭✭
    I'm bored.  (Not surprising really.)  Would loved to have gone for a run today image.
  • There's The Brown Willy Run on the 1st on Bodmin Moor !!!!!!!!

I thought you weren't going to race so much??

• it would be wrong of me to visit the SW and not do a race if there was one available image

Brown Willy run yeah er no image i dont wish to get brand new running gear muddy ta image

I may have a loook for something around Easter being i have nigh on 2 weeks off work due to the multiple bank hols for easter and weddings etc

• Evening allimage I am feeling marginally more human this evening and even managed a shower and a bit of light house tidying. December is definitely not my month!!!!

HY4- i totally understand how you are feeling. I too would have loved to go for a run today.

Elspeth- sounds like you have had a very busy Christmas with family, work  and running. Must be lovely having the children home for a while.

Molly- blondes definitely have more fun. But being a blonde myself, i suppose i would say thatimage

Keith- maybe some spinach soup could get you that pb this yearimage

Unfortunately i haven't felt like over-indulging in the festive food. I have lost 5 lbs since Loch ness and i really need to gain it so that i fill out my clothes again. Send all your leftover cakes and choccies my wayimage

• Flossie- i forgot to say how lovely it is that you are so happy with D. Enjoy every minute of it as that first flush of love feeling doesnt last forever (as we all sadly know) would be good if they could bottle it though.

• Hi Shades

just a quick post to say i have started using your training plan again for the third time i use it for my first marathon this year and got around in 4hrs 14 min and started to use it for when i was training for the Leicester marathon in October but due to injury unfortunately had to drop down to the half

And now have started training for Brighton again
  • SHADESSHADES ✭✭✭✭

toby3 - I hope the training goes well and I'm pleased the plan suits you.   I ran Leicester and it's a great course so put it on your list again for 2011

VR - I think I'll sign up for that, good motivator to keep the mileage up

Keith - that sounds like a serious plan, I shall be at Windermere too.

molly - congrats on going blonde.  Why the no-salt diet?   Must be extraordinarily hard to stick to as there is salt in so many foods

Flossie - great news that your meal went so well, it must have been exhausting.   

Well done that you're back training again.   There are some Asic shoes on M & M but don't know if they're suitable for you

SiJ - good news that you're feeling better.

• SHADESSHADES ✭✭✭✭

VR - I have now signed up for the RWUK v RWUSA.image

• Shades - Great! I think between us, we could make a serious challenge for the team image
  • SHADESSHADES ✭✭✭✭

VR - absolutely, we'll show those Yanks.   Better not have any more ice here, but my spikes have been despatched and are on their way to meimage

I take it your internet is OK now, or are you still using your phone?

• Morning. Home and a good nights sleep in my own bed. Unfortunately that also meant a weigh in on my own scales which shows that 2 of SiJ's lost pounds found a home with me. Not a disaster as I was quite light before I went but I expect it will take a couple of weeks of normal exercise and eating to get rid of them again - pesky blighters.

SiJ - glad to hear that you're feeling better.

Not for me VR - I find it easy enough to overdo it without added incentive!

3C forecast for us here today and only 1C for tomorrow - a bit colder than the balmy south image

Not too long now hopefully HY4.

Flossie - as SiJ says - long may it last - great that you're back into your running too. Any chance of you and D running together? When does your new job start - or has it?

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • SHADESSHADES ✭✭✭✭

LMH - 2lb isn't too bad over the xmas hols, you'll soon deal with that.   Nice to get back to your own bed though

Really feels lovely and warm here, must be 10 degrees or so, it's really dark and foggy though but I don't mind as the milder weather is a joy.

• Shades - Yes, our internet is ok now thanks. Butler's car is broken though. probably won't get fixed until the New Year. He's using mine to go to work and he spent a fair few hours cleaning the inside of it!!!!

Youngest Miss VR has a friend over and they had planned to go to town shopping, should of seen her face when I said they had to get the train or a bus image  kids today !!

Went to club training last night although it was just a social run around the damp mists of Newton Abbot but it was nice and mild. 

• SHADESSHADES ✭✭✭✭

VR - good news on the internet, but not good news on the car.  Butler could borrow my car, as it needs a good clean out too.   The garage did wash it when it was serviced so it's not due a wash for another 11 monthsimage.  Rear windscreen wash isn't working, needs a new pipe I think...explains the huge icicle hanging off the underside of the car last weekimage

LOL at Miss VR, at least you have better public transport than your last place

Back to the ironing now....

• I forgot Molly this morning - how could I have done that? Does your new blonde look mean that you'll have to change all your make-up too Molly? Hope you managed to find some joy in xmas - has mini-Molly enjoyed it?

Ah, ironing Shades, that will be the next job once I've caught up with all the washing!

VR - what's your next race?

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Hi.

Just woundering if i could get a copy of your training plan as I,ve signed up for Brighton ( first marathon ) and with 4 children to run around after 3 -4 days training is perfect.

Thanks