Shades Marathon Training

Comments

• Happy New Year Shadiesimageimage 

Well done on the win Mollyimage 

I might try for a 10K PB too then Shadesimage I take it the 39 mile one will be at Conne?

Hi Clagimage

Enjoy your run with Mark and Grace LMUH.

Elspeth, good running! You sent off your email yet? You know the one I meanimage Nag nag nag!!

Ran 15 miles today, just felt great to be out there.

• Certain email sent Mrs Mac - No nagging requiredimage.
  • HM4HM4 ✭✭✭

Molly,

Missed that one.  Well done.

---------

Had the rest of our Christmas pressies from Chris parents and I got a lovely Lush First Snow gift set.  I didn't say the kind of smellies I liked but Chris did say to them no lavendar stuff and they picked the perfect gift set for me with loads of warm spicey smells.  It's mainly shower based products & hasn't got any of their great bath bombs in but Chris is going to get me something from Lush once I'm better as he knows I've missed my occasional soaks.

Well done to everyone who's got out today.

• Happy New  Year all.

Congratulations on being a winner molly.

No run today - worried about a pain in my right shin - think it is only a splint as not hurting when I walk on it and run upstairs.

My goal for this year is a 21st century PB for 10k and half marathon. I don't think I'll get near my 20C times again. 

• Well done Molly!

Good long run there Elspeth and I see that Mrs Mac is straight back into it.

We had a lovely run thanks, just 4 miles but it's great to be out there together enjoying it especially as Mark has been unable to run for so long.

WD - hope the shin is nothing.

HY4 - I love the Lush bath bombs too - was fortunate enough to pick a few up in the sale.

What's up VR - you're not ill again are you?

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

• HY4 - I am so clueless I will have to google what a Lush bath bomb even is!
  • Morning Shadies

Molly - Well done you!

LMUH - Me ill? I'm perfectly well today thanks image

Mowser - See you at the lake in the morning.

HT... - You wouldn't need to know about bath bombs unless your boys have girlfriends!

• SHADESSHADES ✭✭✭✭

Clag - I'm sure the New Year is when folks start thinking of moving and looking for a house

Elspeth - that's a good distance especially in those conditions

Bridget - I agree, I think you should stick to the schedule especially as you're only in the first few days of trainingimage

Mrs Mac - No, I'm doing the marathon at Conne.   39 miler at Longford in August, they're adding an ultra this year.

VR - I noticed you didn't clock any mileage yesterday for Day 1 of the UK/USA thingy, a little hungover perhapsimage

Not a good day for me today, my attempt at a 20 miler was shortened by my hamstring injury giving me a lot of discomfort and only managed 7 milesimage.    Will try again tomorrow to do a long run

• Shades - Thats not good news image How frustrating. Did something set it off?
  • SHADESSHADES ✭✭✭✭

VR - No, nothing at all.  Had a good run yesterday, just twinges as per usual near the end of the run and when stretching.   And today it's a bit colder but not enough to cause me problems, had my base layer on underneath my tights so felt nice and warm.

But I need to be able to do a longish run to know I can finish a marathon.

• HM4HM4 ✭✭✭

HT,

These are bath bombs. In my gift set I've got an emoti bomb which you use in the shower, however some people have usedthem in the bath by mistake &  it's worked so I'll be doing that.

Shades,

Hope your hamstring is okay.

• My parents put me a gift box together themselves because I said that a repeat of last year would be just right.  They still managed to go off piste slightly as alongside a couple of bath bombs and soaps I got a bath melt (which means a separate hairwash session), a sugar scrub and a massage bar (not quite what you'd expect them to choose)!

• I forgot to say 'hi' to Clag - I read and then forget and it comes back to me later! Hope the house move happens for you though I guess it might mean that you'd need the TT as you wouldn't be able to walk to work any more? image

Bridget - I love the Wiccy massage bar - use it after long runs. Does this mean no more marathons for you until VLM then?

• Shades, that must be driving you nuts. Roll on the good weather eh?

Ooh lucky you HY4! I got Lush bath bombs too, they're fabimage

WD, fingers crossed the shin behaves.

First day not running for 34 daysimage Did 2 hours in the garden instead clearing & tidyingimage

• HM4HM4 ✭✭✭

Mrs Mac,

Chris was a bit disappointed when I said it was the best Christmas present this year because we got ourselves something similar to this as a joint present to each other and the Lush gift set would have been about £15-20.  So I had to quickly add I was talking about presents received close to Christmas as we got the alarm clock in April time.

-----------

I think I've brought all the Lush fans on here out of the closet.

• Shades - I think that VR may be needing a "stern look"

Good luck for tomorrow's marathon VRimage.

Day off for me today too Mrs Mac, though I haven't been as diligent as you in Dec. Being sociable instead for a change.

• LMUH - no more marathons till Paris image
  • Crikey Sparkley. That's ages without a marathon!

Shades - I really feel for you. Do they normally take so long to heal?

We're on the road heading towards the M3, just past Stonehenge.
  • VR & Mowzer - good luck tomorrow!!! Whatever the time, it'll be a PB for 2011!!! How many maras are you both planning this year??

((Shades)) - hope it heals soon

Mrs Mac - wow, that's constant running so many days on the trot!! Well impressed!

HY - I've never had anything from Lush, but I could fancy a bath bomb - I'm such a copycat!

LMUH - It sounds as if you two had a lovely run together - how romanticimage

Elsp - this is YOUR year - I predict a sub 4hr is coming your way in 2011

USB - see you in Paris!image

• ((WD)) - healing vibes for that shin. Are you planning on doing your century HM PB anywhere exotic ???

I may be doing a marathon in Terni (slightly further north than where I am) on Feb 20th and you run underneath a waterfall! I'd love to go and am waiting to hear if my club is organising a coach there.

I've got a HM on Thursday - it's a bank holiday here but OH has got flu so I'm trying to avoid his nasty germs.image

• Happy new year everyone!!

I had a spectacular new years eve- went to a friend's house for a party and everyone was having a really good time. At midnight i jumped on my friend to give her a happy new year hug and i hit my head on the wall. Suddenly everone started shouting and panicing. There was blood spurting out of my head in horror film style. i have never seen so much blood.My friend had blood running down her arms and pooling in her armpitsimage It was coming from near the back of my head and people were trying to stem the flow with tea towels and cushions. Then someone called an ambulance. The ambulance took about an hour and a half to arrive, by which time the bleeding  had stopped and they just checked me over and let me go.

I had a very bad headache when i woke up on new years day and a 2 inch gash on my head. The paramedics told me not to wash my hair for at least a day in case the bleeding started again, so i had to stay in yesterday as i had red hair with dried bloodclots matted in it.

Certainly a party to remember!

Sorry, i haven't read back yet.....

• HM4HM4 ✭✭✭

Molly,

I know there are some stores in Italy.  Here's a link to there Italian site.  I'm sure there's going to be a store locator on there. I'd suggest decide want you want from the website before going into a shop because your nose will be bombarded by smells.

SiJ,

Ouch.  How are you feeling now?

• (((Si j))) Dearie me!! Blonde with red bits? I think I'll give that one a miss! Seriously, thank goodness you're ok!!! xxx

HY - ta very much, off to have a look at the link.......

• So j - OMG!! Thank God you are ok.
    It's never boring with you around!

HY4 - I like lush stuff but going in their shops is so overpowering on the nose!

Molly - haven't worked out yet how many mara's yet! But Mowser will try and beat it! Lol!
  • HM4HM4 ✭✭✭

VR,

Definately agree with you there.  I always make a list before I go.  It's great that they go into so much detail with their descriptions and ingredients.

• Blimey SiJ - must have been a wild party! Glad to hear that you're ok.

VR - are you going for sub-4 tomorrow?

Mowzer - hope you have a great run.

Shades - is it worth trying again tomorrow or would it not be better to give it a day or two to settle down? It has been going on for a long time - maybe you need a proper break to sort it out? I know when I continued when my hammies were bad I ended up having to have three months off for them to settle down as the inflammation had become chronic.

Mrs Mac - that sounds like harder work than a run would have been.

That marathon sounds nice Molly.

I'm looking for a spring marathon to try for that elusive sub 3.45, needs to be in April or May, relatively flat (though I am considering White Peak (though some people say that doesn't count I think VLM would accept it) but know that would trash my quads for a few days, there's Shakespeare - anything else?

• LMUH - Lochaber is very flat. I was going to ask is anyone else doing it this year?

Shades - sorry your injury stopped you today. When is your next marathon planned for?

SiJ - sounds gory. Head wounds always bleed excessively. I think you and HY need wrapping in bubble wrap and kept an eye on! Not a good start to the year!

Molly - I like the sound of the waterfall marathon. I am definitely falling behind in the numbers I've done, nothing in the offing for me for a while. As for sub 4 - I don't think I will ever do it but I think VR will very soon - maybe tomorrow?image

VR and Mouser - good luckimage

Sort of have plans for first half of the year - D33 in March, probably Lochaber in April though would be quite keen to do a different one - anyone know what is on late March or early April?, Cape Wrath in May and hopefully 30 miler in Glenelg in June. There is Lossiemouth half in Feb but think it's a long way to go for a half - you lot are a bad influence, I wouldn't have thought that before!imageimage

• Elspeth & LMUH, what about Edinburgh in May? Its meant to be a PB course. I'm not doing Lochaber this year, first time I've missed it in 7 years. Got Glasgow to Edinburgh double mara the day before.

SiJ, good grief! Never a dull momentimage Hope you're feeling better now?

Good luck for tomorrow VRimage

That does sound nice Molly.

I'm not going to be able to enter too many maras/ultras in the first half of the year as any free weekends will be used for recce runs for the WHW race.