Options

Sunday Session - 19th Jan 03

Gooooood Morning!!!!!

What: Racing. Fred Hughes 10 at St Albans. 9-30 start - groan!
Why: Not sure. I think I had a reason.....
Hard: Thursday.
Rest: Friday & Saturday.

Best of luck in your various endeavours, people.

Comments

• Options
    Morning. Just grabbing breakfast prior to

what: Helsby ½ Marathon 2003
    why: any ideas anyone?

last hard(ish) day: Tue
    last long(ish) day: Sun
    last rest days: Fri, Sat

Dreamt I missed the race by oversleeping & taking too long to find all my gear.
  • Options
    Good morning guys. Good luck in your races. Swerve, say hello to my fellow North Herts Road Runners in St Albans. I am just about to leave to run the Folksworth 15.

Why? It seemed like a good idea when I entred back in November.
  • Options
    Good Morning All!

What: Racing Darford Miler
    Why: Why Not????

Last Hard: Monday
    Last Rest: Yesterday

Good luck everyone else
  • Options
    Good luck racers...
    What: nothing or easy run
    Why: haven't got time and did my long run yesterday - miracle that I managed to get out four times this week....should manage five or six next week
  • Options
    Bit wet today ... glad I'm not racing .. well done to those that are.

What:- Hard longish run, 16-1/2 miles in just over 2 hr, first half at marathon pace, second half at 1/2 M pace
    Why:- Once out, felt good for some reason ... perhaps having most of last week off added energy !
    Last rest :- Friday
    Last hard :- yesterday
  • Options
    afternoon, folks -

what: the Sunday 20-miler (2:23) in the good old rain - now how familiar is that?

why: it's Sunday

last hard day: yesterday's intervals, expecting to die to today, but was fine - tomorrow on the other hand ...

last rest: Friday

looking forward to those race reports, guys.
  • Options
    What: A rather tired 13 miles as spent night in hospital with Mary and baby who has viral infection

Why: weekly long run

LAst rest: yesterday

Last hard: Tuesday's intervals

Simon
  • Options
    Morning all

What: 12 mile run in horrid conditions

Why: Sunday long run but reducing mileage do to marathon approaching

Last Hard: Today

Last Rest: Sat

bye all
  • Options
    What; Dartford 10 in 73ish minutes
    Why; Because it was there
    Last rest; Saturday
    Last Hard; Today
  • Options
    Hope the baby gets well soon stranded.

What: Easy run 40 minutes or so.
    Why: Ran 70 minutes yesterday and fell over on ice twisting injured knee, so feeling a bit sorry for myself. Might do short row session as well for upper body strength.
    Last hard day: Yesterday shopping for new kitchen.....yawwwwwnnnn.
    Last rest: Friday.
  • Options
    Afternoon all

what: 7 mile run this morning, 5 miles this evening sometime
    why: meant to be a long run day but am offshore so that is a no no.

last hard: Wednesday
    last rest: Thursday
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Afternoon all!

Hope the baby gets well soon too stranded.

Take it easy today Martin, hope you've not done any damage to the injured knee.

What: 7 miles easy pace
    Why: after yesterday's 20, easy is all I wanted to do today. I didn't really need to anything today, but the weather looked glorious after yesterday's rain and I felt like just having one of those runs where you run for nothing but the pleasure of breathing fresh air.
    Last hard: yesterday
    Last rest: Thursday
  • Options
    afternoon all

what: 4 Villages 1/2M at Helsby
    why : first real long run for FLM training
    last hard : today
    last rest : Yesterday

More on Helsby on event page later but am pleased as got PB of 1h52 (5 mins of previous best from 3 years ago). Wanted 1h50 but am still pleased as not too far away.

Right, off for a long soak before writing short report from this morning.
  • Options
    What: Todays Runner League Match, Bracknell Forest, 9.7k
    Why: Club race. VERY HILLY! INCREDIBLY HILLY! 24th pos. A little dissapointed, but I expect the quality of the field was higher, as I beat most of the clubmates I compete with easily. Ah well... Not a bad way to end your XC season (Im going away for a month on Thursday, so no posting either needless to say).
    I hope all you Helsby people got want you wanted out the day, my left legs a lil' sore, so day off tomoz, methinks.

Well done Paul I.! BTW, you on an upwards spiral now mate...

Glad you enjoyed your back-to-basics run Hilly. My next month is going to be made up entirely of these whilst Im on holiday. I hope I dont lose too much sharpness from it though, as I'm racing the weekend I get back... (doh!)
  • Options
    Hope all's well with you all soon, SiT. Always worrying times.

What: Indeterminate distance in mudd of various depths while Mr. was running the Folksworth 15 (2hr 7). Met MarmiteMaster at the start. I ran the footpaths, so called, though the path element was from time to time missing. Even so, I only lost my way twice, and got shouted at once for being therefore in the wrong place. Time flies when you're worried about getting lost, and struggling with the footing.

I think it was about four miles. That makes 20miles in one week, and I'm jolly pleased with that. Particularly as it was a week in which I actually did not feel very well, and most of those "runs" are a tribute to mulish sticktoitiveness.

Ambition for next week: the same only better, and perhaps just a leetle bit further.
  • Options
    7.5 miles on tready
    too insecure to venture outside
    Wont say how long it took
    oh well
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    You look after that wife and baby of yours SiT - far more important than this running lark.

KK - re yesterdays barefoot running,I use to train for football barefoot, toughens the feet up no end (but beware dog mess on the pitch!)

Yesterday :
    Hill Profile on the treaddy at the gym-2mins at 8min miling on the flat,2mins at 7min30 miling on an incline * 10.
    40 minutes all in 5.2 miles
    Why : easier session ahead of todays long run.

Today : 16.8mile long run in 2.07.28
    Why : first long run for a while, and pleased to be more or less at target marathon pace (7min25 miling for a sub 3h15)
    Hill at mile 15 was a struggle but the rest was fairly steady pace.
    last hard : today
    last rest : Friday

big mileage week this week -55- bringing up 100 already for the year.

Enjoy the rest of the w/end
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Paul-well done on your race today and a very good pb!

KK-well done on your last x-country and enjoy your holiday. I'm sure some nice easy runs won't do you any harm at all. You'll come back 'fresh as a daisy' and eager to race again.

Stickless-sounds like you had fun today. Well done on your weeks running.

Benz-7.5 miles is miles in the bank, doesn't matter how long it took.

Happy running all:)
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Dustin-well done on your run and weeks mileage. You certainly seem to be on for sub 3.15!
  • Options
    What: Two and a half miles.
    Why: I'm slowly recovering from ITB syndrome, and then plantar fasciitis almost immediately after. Every time I've thought it was better, it wasn't. Hopefully this will be the start of getting rid of it. This is also why I've not been as on the ball with this Training post over the last several weeks. :)

Last hard: Upper-body session yesterday.
    Last rest: The other day.
  • Options
    Stranded - sounds like horrible worrying time for you and your wife, really hope your baby gets better quickly.

Stickless, enjoyed reading about your amblings in the mud.

As for me:
    Helsby 1/2, 1.41.26 by the clock, 1.40 28 by mine, but I'll stay with the official version after all everyone's in the same boat!
    War and Peace version on Events, but enjoyed the day, now knackered and about to wolf down huge starchy dinner.

• Options
    Well done all who raced today.

SiT, sorry to hear about the little 'un, best wishes on that score.

KK, great result mate, you definitely deserve a rest, a little green with envy at this end after hearing you're taking a month off thoughv ;-)

Laura, brilliant performance today, I think another curry and a bottle of wine is in order.

What: Folksworth 15 (all the gory details here
    Why: See how training for FLM is going.
    Last hard run: Um....
    Last rest day: Saturday
  • Options
    good racing Laura (and everyone else)

what; 4 mile xtrain (recovery) after yesterdays 9 mile muddy amble - happy just to train
    why; it's sunday

• Options
    Weather just a bit 'orrible in Brighton today so headed of to the gym for 60 mins on treadmill and 60 mins on stepmill. Was planning 18 miler 'cos it's Sunday.
  • Options
    KK, missed saying congrats to you due to being in post-race stupour. Sounds really tough, you did well to come where you did. Have a nice hol, personally I'd hate to go away for a month at this time of year when I'm just getting into the swing of things after xmas. :)