Beginner Approaching Well-Earned Mid-Life Crisis Seeks Running Partner in Dunblane

Hello Fellow Runners!

I am an enthusiastic beginner with 2 years running experience based in Dunblane, Scotland. I am almost 40 and have taken to running after 27 years playing basketball and have caught the running bug!

I am looking for a running partner for 2/3 times a week for a 6 mile training run from the Hydro hotel to the cathedral via Kinbuk (6 miles). I am reasonably flexible when I can run regarding am/pm and would prefer Tuesdays and Thursdays.

It is a fairly flat route with a couple of small hills. I usually cover this route in 1 hour 2/3 minutes. My PB for a 10k is currently 0.54.10.

I am, of course, open to other routes and usually do Sherrifmuir for my long Sunday run (8-10 miles).

My ambition is to get below 90 kilo (I currently weigh 102k) and 0.50.00 for the 10k. I am aiming to run the Alloa half-marathon in March 2003. I ran it in 2001 in 2.27.00 and want to go under 2hrs in 2003.

If there is anyone out there in a similar situation, condition and ambitions, please get in touch.

Comments

• My wife suggested that this thread heading could lead to a number of interpretations. In order to avoid the commencement of divorce proceedings, could I point out that the mid-life crisis refers to my waistline and not to any other part of my anatomy!

I'll stop now. As they say in politics 'when in a hole, stop digging'....:)

• As you have had no replies so far, it's possible that there is nobody on the forum from your area.

Have you thought about joining the local running club?

I believe most of them have a beginners section and will be happy to accommodate you.

All the best,

RB
  • Thanks for responding Ratbag. I did join a club about a year ago for a few weeks and they were all great people. The only problem was that I was the slowest by a large margin. I was running what felt like a race every training session and it was draining me. Whilst they were very friendly, I felt more than a little embarrassed that they were all so much faster.

My intention is to hit my targets and then rejoin the club.

My wife is a postwoman and tells me that she delivers many Runners Worlds in Dunblane. The readers are out there somewhere!

Tellytubby!