Training session-monday Jan 20th

I cant possibly post that im doing a rest day

So, its off to the gym for some speedwork, which i missed from last week(2nd session on schedule)

Comments

• please put the other photo back on your mug shot hippo, it's so much better, honest.

what:will find out later

i'll report back this evening.
  • Morning all

What : Gentle Jog
    Why : Part of my come back plan

Will
  • Gentle jog for me as well. Trying to get Mrs FF back into running after her having a chest infection over Christmas and I had a hard day yesterday at Helsby.
  • morning all

2 mile recovery run for me as well this afternoon after yesterday's 1/2 at Helsby.

Not feeling too bad this morning. Bit stiff but i expected worse.

One question if i may. I set off too quickly yesterday. First 6m was run only just outside my normal 10k pace. From miles 9 onwards my legs were very heavy and sometimes painful, consequently i was 9min miling at this stage. Still managed a PB tho'. However this is a bit of a worry for FLM. Could this be a case of first 1/2 for a while so just a sympton of upping the miles or a result of setting off too quickly, or that my body will be wrecked at 15 miles on a marathon!

Happy training / recovering
  • Some relatively serious early starters / insomniacs today.

This was a good running weekend and more and more learning about how to cope with injury. Saturday 70 minute run, fall and twist injured knee, Sunday 45 minute run, no pain.

As well as the cross training things that seem to be working appear to be:
    1. Stretching, a lot of the pain seems to eminate from tightness around the knee, quad stretches seem to make things better.
    2. Avoiding jarring, suddent changes of direction and or putting foot down very hard = pain.
    3. Wearing knee strap - spreads pressure on tendon over whole knee.

Every week things seem to get ever so slightly better but I figure an injury that was six months in the making may take six to heal. Anyway have to make a decision soon whether to train for 28k race at the end of March.

Today: Cross train on bike
    Why: running last two days
    Last rest: Friday
    Last Hard: N/A

Oh yes, after weeks of research finally bought a road racing bike at the weekend, for the gadget freaks its a Specialized A1 Allez elite (Carbon fork, 27 Speed etc etc). More than I wanted to spend but hey........
  • morning all

struggled to get down the stairs this morning; however, about an hour later, was able to run about 200 metres (partly downhill again!) to make the 0735 ferry from Seacombe to Liverpool!
    Most of the damage I think inflicted by the downhill run over the last 1.8 miles/3K; also, failing to warm down. Mind you, the blisters I had by the end probably would have made a decent warm down very difficult. They don't seem too bad this morning.

what: nothing
    why: a day off to recover from yesterday prior to a week of easy running. Well that's the plan anyway...

last hard day: Sun
    last rest day: Sat
    last long day: Sun
  • Rest day after Helsby, legs are a bit stiff this morning but otherwise ok.
  • What: Speed session when I get a chance
    Why: Schedule

Well done all at Helsby! Excellent racing. Haven't had time to read all the reports, but looks good!
  • Morning All,

off to read all the race reports in a mo. Well done to all those racing at weekend, and enjoy your rest day you deserve it!

I did a long run for the first time this year yesterday 11 - 12 miles and found it...not as difficult as it might have been which is good news as I've got a 15m next weekend followed by 20 miler the weekend after!

Today : easy 7 miler (usual route)
    Why : Take it nice and steady after yesterday

Last Hard : Tuesday
    Last Rest : Sat
  • Morning All

What: 4 Mile recovery run to recover from the Dartford 10 Miler Yesterday
    Why: Recovery Run

Last Hard: Yesterday
    Last Rest: Saturday

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning campers

What : 3-4 miles easy
    Why : post long run recovery jog
    Last Hard : Yesterday
    Last Rest : Friday
  • Well done to all the helsby halfers. lots of empathy with the detailed reports, and some great times and PB breaking too, I hope that from a personal point of view you're all sticking to your hand timing not the race time as it took so long for some of you to cross the line.

memo to Laura: thanks for the info about your indecision on what to wear - did this extend to shoes - the manolo's or the jimmy's - decisions a girl has to make.

Congrats to MM on the "river deep, mountain high" routine - I hate running with wet feet.

Non running xtraining continued over the w/e with a 5 x 6min interval session yesterday on 3min recoveries. Also did a serious calf raise session which has left my calves aching to B******Y but these seem to be the one area that Xtraining/cycling doesn't reach.

What: steady Xtrain today
    why: see above
    last hard day : yesterday
    last run : 5/1
    last rest : sat
  • sfh legs - it's a girl thing, I don't expect you to understand. It's the forum vest you see, clashes with my shorts. Good luck with your continued cross training.

What: looks like recovery runs are the order of the day.
    Why: God knows, I was quite happy to have a rest day but as usual, will take my cues from the Training forum.
    Last hard: um
    Last rest: Fri

Back to marathon training tomorrow.
  • Recovery run for me - about 4 to 6 miles done gently. Really just a loosener. Not that I'm stiff (watch it Benz!), but I don't want to do too much before my speed sesh tomorrow.
  • Rest Day, wish I'd brought my kit to got to the gym after work.

Well done to everyone who raced this weekend.
  • morning, gang.

hope the post-race euphoria is making up for the post-race stiffness.

what: 5M recovery run @ av. 6:53 pace
    why: badly needed after two hard days on the trot
    last rest: Friday
    last hard days: Saturday's 800m intervals and Sunday's 20 miler - not a good plan, but didn't want to slip behind schedule.
  • Afternoon all, enjoy your "recovery" run Achilles - 6.53 pace?

what: 3 mile recovery plus some weights for upper body
    why: hard day yesterday

last hard: Yesterday I suppose
    last rest: Thursday
  • What: Day Off
    Why: I do have them once in a while... honest...
    Last Hard: Yesterday
    Last Rest: Last Monday
  • Brilliant job everyone who raced yesterday, sounds like you had a good result KK, amazing how many PB's were had.

Martin H,
    glad to hear that things are starting to go in the right direction, well jealous of your new bike ;-)

sfh legs,
    definitely felt like I was swinging a couple of canonballs from my ankles after the final water hazard yesterday.

What: Nowt
    Why: Thoroughly sh@gged out from yesterday
    Last hard run: Yesterdays race
    Last rest day: Today.
  • Great stuff, all those who did Helsby. I'm glad I didn't attempt it in the end - struggled to put in half the distance yesterday (although if I'd been racing yesterday I wouldn't have wrecked various muscles doing weights on Saturday).

What: Rest day. Might take Kevin for walkies after work.
    Why: Gym session on Saturday and long run yesterday. A bit sore. Very tired after mild dose of insomnia.
    Last hard day: Yesterday.
    Last rest day: Friday.
  • Afternoon me darlings.

What: Rest.
    Why: Raced yesterday, club tomorrow.
    Hard: Yesterday!
    Rest: Saturday.

Had a cracker yesterday at the Fred Hughes 10. Guaranteed a PB as it was my first 10, but exceeded expectations. I like this running lark.

Here, share out some good running vibes, chums.
  • Afternoon all!

Had a skim through the Helsby reports(question - where *is* Helsby?) - well done everyone - some fab times and race reports there - so this training lark does work! Ooooh, I wish we had races here - first one of the season isn't until May!

Anyway ....
    What: 57:17 - 1/2 marathon pace for 20 minutes, wading through snowdrifts for 20 minutes, 10k pace for next 17 minutes
    Why: Just happened that way...

Last hard: Yesterday! 1/2 hour brisk run followed by 3 hours X-country skiing. I ache in places, well, where a girl shouldn't ache.
    Last rest: ages ago

And X-country skiing tonight too!
  • And another one confirms...
    What: 3 x 10 min speed plus 1 x 4 min - total run 1 hour
    Felt brilliant... I think this non drinking thing is working!!
  • Evening folks!!
    what 2hr steady (bloody hard training partner fit again!!)
    why-no long run yesterday(working)
    last ard-this mornings run plus massage(ouch)
    last rest-week last saturday

Enjoy!!!
  • Congrats to all who raced yesterday.

MartinH, looks nice your injury's making progress.

What: 8km easy run
    Last hard: yesterday, 21km with slippery snow and ice underfoot, legs haven't felt so tired in ages, must be from the hard going.
  • What: recovery - partly cos the programme says so mostly as spent spare time in hospital with Mary and young one who at last seems to have broken the back of his infection and is breathing easier and out of intensive care and in the room with mum. A huge relief and thanks to all for kind wishes yesterday

Last hard: Briskish 13 miles yesterday

Finally, well done all for race performances this weekend

Simon
  • Glad to hear it SiT

Speedwork again
    1 km slow warmup
    400 m (half yassos!) at 10 kph, with 200 m walk recovery(x6)
    then 200m at 11 kph woti 200-300 m walk(x6)

managed it, about as good as it gets
    On tready, at 2% incline