What : steady 4 or 5
Why : bac to the club night

Will

Comments

• Mooorning WW !

What : Steady 4/5
    Why : I need to build my milage up and 4 miles is gettign boring again

Thats if i manage to get to bed tonight of course
  • Yesterdays cross training session went reasonably well and I seem to be finding a rhythm of getting used to now whereas before Chritmas I found it very difficult to commit almost as if running had some psychological hold over me. Anyway I can guarantee that 15 km on a stationary bike in 27 minutes is at least (if not harder) than an equivalent 27 minute run.

Which poses an interesting question - when you don a sport other than running, do you feel like you're being unfaithful?

Today: Not sure yet, would like to do a shortish run (30 minutes) but feeling a little tired.
    Why: Tired because of 13 hour day yesterday so may be forced to take rest day.
    Last rest: Friday
    Last hard day: N/A

• Steady 4
    honest, its on the schedule as i did speedwork yesterday!
  • Fast 3M

Today: Steady club run
  • WW,
    welcome back!

Martin H,
    no I never feel like I'm being unfaithful, besides absence makes the heart grow fonder (although I'm not sure if this applies to Frank Horwill's sessions).

What: 10 mile fartlek with club
    Why: It's Tuesday!
    Last hard run: Sunday's race
    Last rest day: Monday

Will probably just go really steady tonight as still a little fatigued from Sunday.
  • Hello early birds.

What: 5 miles steady after work tonight, including a couple of sustained upward slopes.
    Why: Got to start training properly.
    Last rest day: Yesterday.
    Last hard day: Sunday.
  • AM
    What: 6 Miles 'As-I-Feel', in Racing flats, on me forefoot (38:25).
    Why: Test out Pirie-theory. No knee pain, but did anyone else find their calves ached whn they first made the transition to low heeled shoes/forefoot running style?

PM
    What: Full Body Strength Session plus 15 minutes stationary bike, Gym
    Why: Tuesday night cross-training ritual

Last Rest: Yesterday
    Last Hard: Sunday
  • Morning

What: Speedwork
    1km @ 12kph warm up
    200m @ 18kph with 200m recovery @ 12kph x8
    200m @ 19kph with 200m recovery @ 12kph x1
    200m @ 20kph with 200m recovery @ 12kph x1
    1km warm down
    Total Run: 6k
    Resting Heart Rate 39
    Heart Rate: avg 143-175 max

Fairly pleased with this session as I had been up 15hrs due to night work.

Last Hard: Sundays 12 mile run

Last Rest: Monday

ILL BE BACK!!!
  • what : rest
    why : Busy
    last hard day : sun
    last rest : sat

much apologies to KK for ruining his serious thread yesterday, the opportunity to rib Laura was too good to miss. I will read the replacement with interest since my 1/2M time is well down on my theoretical time based on my 10k.
  • What: 4m, intended to go easy, but felt well, so ran rather more so. Compensated by taking rather longer walks in the walking breaks, still, got back in 41 min. Whee.

So far (PB, my week starts on Monday, sorry) one 4m done, intended, another 4 and two 6's, but bonus plan is to add 2 m to any of the remaining runs. Ambition for the month is to get up to 24m in a week, and that would do it, next week.

Prime ambition, is, whatever I achieve, not to get worn out. No victory at all if I end up dizzy, disoriented, and plagued by headaches and blackouts.

Hence compensating the faster stretches by longer walks.

River rising again, a veritable tready for the ducks, swimming full pelt, sweating feathers, and getting nowhere, waters lapping jealously at my beloved path, thinking to try it as a watercourse again.

Oh well. It was lovely.
  • You didnt ruin my thread darl! Didnt you spot the wink? ;););););););););););) ;););););) ;););););) ;););););) ;););););) ;););););) ;););););) ;););););) ;););););) ;););););) ;);););)
    Oops. Serious risk of ruining the training thread here!..
  • Good Morning All!

What : Speedwork
    Why : Club speed session (what will it be tonight? Ohhh the mystery of it all!)
    Going for a quick run at lunch because I think I've rather bizarrely bruised the top of my foot.

Last Hard : Tue
    Last Rest : Sat
  • Sun-14M, Mon-8M (Marathon Pace)

What: 8*800m (c2:20), 200m jog recovery
    Why?: Training for FLM - don't want to neglect pace.
    Last hard day: Yesterday
    Last rest day today: 07/01 - too much snow and ice.
  • KK

seriously concerned about being called "darl". I'm not prude or anything but when fast bearded runners start coming on strong to me my wife might think its time I took up some other sport.

;-) shall we go to another thread?
  • Whoops, thought you were a lass :-o , got my wires crossed with someone else
    [profuse blushing, etc].
    Thats RW's fault for not allowing us to edit our posts. Subsitute 'darl' for 'mate' in above post.
    ***End of thread infection***

• Well hello boys! (snigger)
    and morning the rest of you as well. Sorry, but I won't be regurgitating my weekly training each day, too much to read and any spare space on this thread I will save for teasing (and being teased).

What: 7 miles 'medium slow' run.
    Why: on this week's schedule and it might as well be today, sure my legs would die instantly if I tried anything harder.
    Well impressed some of you are back to speed sessions today after racing Sunday.
    Last hard: Sun.
    Last rest: yesterday.
  • Morning All

What: Rest Day
    Why: Feeling a little sore still after Sunday

Last Hard: Sunday's 10 Mile Race
    Last Rest: Saturday

• Hi all.

KK - it's OK for a chap to show his feelings for another chap these days, no need to be embarrassed!

What: Club night.
    Why: More people turn up if it's always the same night.
    Hard: Sunday 10M race.
    Rest: Yesterday.

Roll on 6-30.
  • PS. Sfh legs, The beards gone now. I dont know if the foreign cultures Im ssoon to be expsoing myself to are pognophobic or not. Like some forumites... YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE... ;)
  • MinksMinks ✭✭✭
    Morning all.

What: Rest day.
    Why: Because I need it! (And it's scheduled anyway).
    Last hard: Friday (speed session).
    Last rest: Saturday.

Sun: 7M in 1 hr (long run), Mon: 4 miles in 36.45 (recovery run).

Right knee started playing up on yesterday's run - feel I may have jarred it as can't always see where I'm stepping in the dark and there are quite a lot of uneven pavements where I live. Will be careful though: don't want any injuries.
  • Morning all

Session yesterday:
    What: 5.5 miles (slow long run)
    Why: didn't run over the weekend
    Last Hard: Last Tuesday
    Last Rest: Sunday

Today is a rest day. Will do a yoga session later
  • morning

as someone with an 8-year old 800m PB (only attempt ever at the event actually) of 2:14.4, much respect to anyone who can bash out 8x800 in 2:20 off jog recoveries (and as part of a FLM schedule?)....

what: will probably try an easy run
    why: meeting up with the Wirral runners; probably won't be able to handle what they're doing tonight (suspect it's a speed session). Quads easing a bit; blister under toe will need attention.

last hard day: Sun
    last long day: Sun
    last rest day: Mon
  • morning all;

what : first speed session in build up to FLM as per RW 4hr schedule. 1mjog + 4 sets of 800m fast with 200m jog recoveries + 1m jog
    why :need to work on speed as when i tried a burst at Helsby there was nothing there.
    last hard : sunday
    last rest : yesterday.
  • Mornin´everyone. There be snow here

What - hopefully 8 miles at 1/2 marathon pace. But too many deadlines today and flying to Reykjavik tonight(Work not pleasure) so will fit in what I can. Really must start on speedwork again when I get back.
    Last hard - ha ha, second X country skiing circuit last night. You know that time when your legs and arms just give up on you? It happened
    Last rest - ages ago
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Greetings Cats,

What : first mile reps of the year
    1mile warm up (8min15)
    4*1mile fast (6min15) with 0,25mile recovs (2min30/6mph)
    1 mile jog down (8min15)
    all in all 7 miles in 51.30
    Why : Tuesday=reps day
    Last hard : today
    Last Rest : Friday

See you later
  • Morning Darls (males and females)... messing about on the training thread. It's not allowed you know!!
    What: Steady run for 1:15 ish around nine miles
    Why:schedule
    Last hard: last night's speed
    Last easy: oh I don't know!

Time permitting of course. Off to Antwerp tomorrow so I have to run today!
  • well it's all a bit frisky around here this morning, isn't it? thought I was on the wrong forum for a moment ...

what: Horwill variable pace continuous 10K - aaaarggghhhh, it was soooo hard today!
    why: exactly!
    last rest: Friday
    last hard day: Sunday

doesn't this training lark ever get easier?

keep up the great work, everybody.