Coughs and colds

I've got yet another cold-the fourth one since November. The only problem is that, nowadays, I always end up with tracheitis and a productive cough.

I've already taken time out of my marathon schedule (Lochaber, April 23rd), and I'm so pi**ed off at the prospect of missing another week or two.

Unfortunately my training last winter was similarly interrupted.

Do any of you choose to run through coughs. I know the old theory about above-the-neck and below-the-neck, but just wondered how folk get on if they do try to run through it.

Comments

• I've got the same,
    no chest infection, no throat infection. went to the docs yesterday as have been felling crap for the last 10 days, missed one day from novice schedule, am a plodder so am not stressing my body too much. have got a 10 mile tomorrow, i am going to dose myself up and give it a go. doc says it was fine, as long as no temperature no bubbly chest.

good luck.
    TFF
  • Fortunatley I decided not to chance it yesterday. I had a grotty night, but I'm sure I'd have felt a lot worse if I'd tried running.

Resting up now with a box of tissues and a packet of Lemsip until I'm better!

I hope your run goes OK, Twig, and you feel back on form soon.