Monday Jan 30th Training

Comments

• What:12 miles on treadmill at marathon pace.

Why: Felt I need a hard run afer a few days off.

Last rest: Yesterday and 3 prior days (flu)
    Last hard:today
  • Hi there, been away for a bit but keeping an eye on the forum (I can read it on my blackberry thingy but it won't seem to let me post).

Congratulations on the award Hilly and don't you look glamorous!

Commiserations on the bad landlady experience Minks - I was once refused entry to a pub while wearing my running kit - I had been going to offer to pay for a bottle of water but they wouln't let me in because they had a policy against 'sportswear and baseball caps'. Never thought of myself as an undesirable before! They did bring a free glass of water to the door for me (which was nice but still left me with the problem of finding a loo).

What: in the last week, about 130k of cross-country skiing. Legs (and arms) in bits. Today: 5 miles very easy.
    Why: training to improve technique for ski marathon
    Last hard: see above!
  • Hilly I had already thought of that and stay behind if needed to have a second treadmill session.I could run to shop around 5 miles then do tready session:-)

I too thought that well they need to advertise there goods....oh Boy think this is going to be so much fun.

I go to see S. On Thursday so will put all this to him and I think he should anyalaise my gait on thursday just so I can see how his routinue is and give hima wee bit of practise:-)Of course I shall be running there from work so an extra 3 miles:-)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Hi all,

I've got the lurgy!! Damn.

So,

What: Nothing
    Why: it was a planned rest day anyway
    Last Hard: Yesterday
    Last Rest: today

Will probably bin the interval session I had planned for tomorrow morning and try and recover quicker from this.

Have a good evening all.
  • Spans, great stuff!

AF, so at least you havent spotted me wander from the straight & narrow!
    Hope you get back on track soon.

hilly, are you busy Saturday night ;-)

Well I got out there & ran 15M @MP +10-20% this afternoon/evening. Didn't go quite as expected but it's in the bank, a couple of easy days then 20M on Thursday afternoon.
    Then I feel FLM training is going OK, I'm really looking forward to Portugal now, where I'll get sone decent training done around massage work :-)
  • Hilly - that's why I can't get excited about it. If my son was saying the London marathon - that would be different - cool and flat. Also I would be coming from our winter into your summer so not set up for it heat/wise either and also it is such a long flight.
    I was in London last year just before the London marathon but came home before it. I would love to be there to even watch it but my son is coming home again for a month in April and the whole family is planning to go to Australia for a week so the grandkids can have fun at the theme parks.
    I think I might keep my options open and if my son is still in London next year - might go then.
  • HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    WP, you certainly are going to have fun. I'm full on envy. Where is the shop?

Hope you feel well soon ICRAM!

Lol BT, if I were a single lass I'd say yes, especially knowing you now do massage:o)

NZC, it is a shame it's not London, but does sound like it will be a great family time in Austrailia. If you ever get the chance to run FLM I'd say go for it!
  • HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    BT, sorry I mean I'd say no not busy. Don't know what I'm saying. I'm sure it's my allergy spreading to my brain!
  • Hilly- if you are passing on a Saturday do pop in;-) it is in Swansea High Street across from Argos "Up and Running"
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Lol WP, if ever I'm in Swansea I'll do that. I've not been to Swansea since I was a child. Also, sadly I don't got home to Wales very often these days.
  • Evening all

What: Gentle 12km at lunch to see what leg was feeling like

Answer: Remarkably like the last few times I have had a stress fracture.

Mary already looking for the divorce papers again in case turns out to be true!

Simon
  • Remember to carry a loaf of bread if you go to Swansea.
  • Simon, I really don't know what to say!!!

hilly, shame ;-)
  • SiT - oh sh*t. How depressing.
  • HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    SiT, that's really unfortunate. Hope it's not another sf!

BR, why or dare I ask?
  • SiT, hope it's not as you fear.

Didn't get out for my 1km hill repeats this evening as only just home from work. Am bereft! Consoling self with Ginger Nuts and University Challenge. 15 miles in am, so secretly chuffed.

RM

• Pammie,

Glad to hear you're coming to Dublin. If you need any local knowledge, advice or assistance, just let me know.

RM
  • Simon-that is awful:-( lets hope you are wrong:-(((
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    BT, I'm flattered:o)

Rory, so did the friend feel let down? Ginger nuts, very nice and also good for a hangover!
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    SiT - hope its not for your sake

Planned easy runs for the day from work at 12 and 5, got ito my kit at 12, went to put trainers on and there they were gone...... left at home oh balls......

Managed to get home to get them, then ended up not being able to escape until about an hour ago. So binned it for a rest day instead..... (I hate Mondays......)

Enjoy:-)
  • Hilly,

Friend is accustomed to last minute cancellations from me, as am I from him. Think he was also secretly pleased! Ginger Nuts are a bit of a panacea all right.

• Hilly - it goes back to a piece of advice posted on a Hull City forum back in 2000 when we still had to play 2 bit teams like Swansea:-)

The locals are less than welcoming and would speak to strangers, and anyone replying in an accent like Max Boyce would be set upon.

One (serious) bit of advice was a buy a loaf of bread and carry it under your arm on the way to the Vetch Field, as then the local youths would assume you'd just popped out from your house to buy it, and take you as from that area.

Makes sense if you think about it.
  • erm, NOT replying in an accent like Mr M. Boyce
  • BR

EXCUSE ME;-)

If you get your facts right you will know the Swans no longer play at the Vetch but a swanky new stadium called the Liberty stadium....some of us locals are darn friendly and you should not judge us all the same:-(
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • It was the Vetch back then.

Why the Liberty stadium?

If we ever draw you in the cup and I'm down there I'll say I know you then and dispense with the Hovis:-)
  • HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    LOL BR:o)

WP, it's not the normal people of Swansea BR refers too, we all know that the football youth culture can be a little aggressive no matter where they're from!

My son played in Swansea last year when playing u21 Wales. Hubby went but I couldn't make it.
  • nrg-bnrg-b ✭✭✭
    SiT: Really truly hope it is not a SF.

Did drills, 15mins of two-leg and single-leg skipping rope drills, then 60mins easy outside.

• nrg-bnrg-b ✭✭✭
    Hilly: You look lovely in your picture.