Sub 33 !0k

13»

Comments

• Well I've pretty much done it and not done it both at the same time.

I'm now clearly in sub 33 shape. For a 3.6 mile relay leg over road/trail I clocked 18:17, for my session on Wednesday off a 70 second/200m jog recovery I did 8 x 1000 in a 3:04 average closing in 2:59 and that was my 3rd session or race in 4 days.

But most tellingly is that I raced the Dorney Lake 10k which from a combination of GPS, logic and other race performances is at least 350m and quite possibly 400m short. I clocked 33:47- realistically this was a 32:40 performance. It is very frustrating for it not to be given the shape I'm in and that I was very close behind a top class junior (Nathan White got me by about 30 seconds).

I now just need to find the right race and get in it and I will hopefully destroy 33 and make serious inroads in 32 which is realistically now my target for the year I think. In the meantime until I find the right 10k race all I can do is just carry on running and get myself to the level where breaking 33 will just be a triviality.

• And from the sound of things you already aren't far off that point...
  • Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

good work Bryn.

Just to clarify tho..I presume that you mean Dorney Lake was 350-400m too long a course? Otheriwise if it was short, you'd have to increase the time of 33:47 wouldn't you, not reduce it?

• Sorry- I meant long!

Paul- I've pretty much done it but due to the race being too long I didn't get an "official" sub 33 time. Realistically if I had gone sub 33 on that course I would be in sub 32 shape!

Have worked out another race to give it a go- the St. Clare's Hospice race in Harlow and will see how that goes. Worst case I am meant to be running in BUSA 10,000m on the track and that should do it!
  • All the best for sub 33 HH.

Hope you get it !

• Thanks Birkmyre!

3km PB of 9:07 last week- considering my dodgy ankle (sprain - still running most days though and is getting better gradually) was quite pleased. Especially as right now I am very keyed in to paces between 72-80 seconds/lap (so most comfortable operating at 75/76). BUCS may well be an attempt on 32:00 letalone 33:00 but still need to see...

Will keep you all posted! In the meantime www.brynrunning.blogspot.com is the blog with weekly(ish) training!
  • Can I suggest you do the Dorney Dash run by the Datchet Dashers. This is at Dorney lake, but has an officially measured course and is not run by F3.

There are great marshalls, it gets great reviews and is officially 10k (and not measured on mapmyrun like the F3 one) 

• That's a bloody quick 3km mate.... well done.
  • I'm very pleased to announce this thread can now be officially closed!

BUCS 10,000 today I was taken from the 10,000m A final inf avour of slower athletes and put into the 10,000m B final. As a result I had to run the second half on my own from 6k on a windy track.

First 5k: 16:10, Second 5k: 16:05- 32:15.

RESULT!
  • Oh and will open the sub 32 thread at some point in the near future! (and please no-one say that it's going to be too easy to do! Popsiders comments on the first page have been haunting me for the past 3 years!)

Maybe when I run sub 32 I can call myself an athlete image.
  • Excellent time mate, well done.
  • HH: Well done mate and a cracking time.

Nearly a sub 31 thread !

• Somebody looking for a sub 3410k thread.

Nearest old one that I could find !