Options

Bolton 10K

124»

Comments

• Options
    Number 328 finished in around 57.35 or thereabouts and completely missed off the results despite someone at the end reading my number and someome writing it down.

Third time doing my home race though and a good morning. Thanks to Nick for organising it.
  • Options
    Really enjoyed the race, good course & not as hilly as I was led to believe so pleased with that. Managed to do under 58 mins which was OK for me considering I've been injured and haven't don't many miles recently and certainly no speed work - which does make a difference. Always enjoy finishing on a track and pulled out a sprint finish. Well done to the organisers - great event.
  • Options
    There was a lady who was doing the fun run who, even on the lap at the start, was left well behind everyone else. Did anyone notice whether she got around the course safely?
  • Options
    Doctor K,
    Were you wearing a greyish t-shirt with writing on it? If you were I was the young lady alongside you most of the way until you just went ahead at the end. I got 57.49.
  • Options
    Doctor k........ I'm now on the race result page after getting in touch with the organiser. My race number was changed on the day and the timekeeper wasn't notified.
    Incidentally I thought the race was well organised and will defo do it next year but I'll have to do more hill work to get up that hill at 6k/7k.
  • Options
    Helen -no idea, my t shirt was a "view from" one I got from M&S for about 3 quid -white with greyish bits and "view from" logo on the front. Had the grey adidas shorts with yellow bit down the side and 2004 blue and ornage kayanos if that helps!
    I had a brief conversation with someone from Astley and Tyldesley runners prior to the 6km hill -she left me and I passed her later on.

I'm pretty relaxed about not being on the results page. It's my home race and the first one I ever did so I too will run it when I can
  • Options
    I've just done a recovery 5.4 in 44:20... left leg is rotton... all behind the knee is swollen, and calf is tight, damn you Paris!!!
  • Options
    Helen, I must have finished 20 seconds or so ahead of you. Were you in sight of the three pink shirted "Angel Veteran" girls. I seemed to be following them most of the way and managed to pull away in the final mile.
  • Options
    Enjoyed the race. Thought it might have been hillier, but apart from the one hill it seemed pretty much a millpond.
    Was disappointed with my time though at 49:42. Think i went off a bit too fast at the start. That and i've not done much training since the Liverpool Half Marathon in March.

Excuses eh...

Still, it's all experience and it is only my third race.
  • Options
    Markie,

The pink ladies were about 10m ahead of me. Was trying to catch them up but couldn't manage it.
  • Options
    Thanks for the link marshallini. Managed to get myself on a photo for a change!