Eating disorders article

14567810»

Comments

• yes lyra -that's why i said "I see" -trust me on that one eh?;O)

I agree with hipps. Nice to see the real undertanding that comes from real experience, As said before, I have learned from this thread more than any book can offer.
  • boing for summerain
  • another boing for summerain
  • I can't believe how common eating problems are. If only it was easy for everybody to just eat what they should...
  • Hi im new to this forum but i think its great, just thought id share another persons eating disorder with you. This is a big problem in society and i wish there was more help out there for us people. Im 29 used to run as a little girl with my dad then hit teens and stopped. Had anorexia aged 17 to 20 under 6 stone at worst then ever since have had eating problems restricting, and throwing up up to 3 times aday.
    With my running i started up a year ago and am about to do my first 10k in june and really enjoying doing something i think im good at.The food thing is still an issue though, i eat small bowl of porridge a day and maybe bowl vegtables for tea and snack a little in between, but my running has helped me stop throwing up like i used to. Im much more confident with my body now then i have ever been and im sure well i hope with more effort my eating problems will get better the longer i run and realise i have to eat or i cant run. Current weight 7stone 10lbs and 5'4 but running has given me the determination to fight this thanks for reading hayley
  • "this is a big problem in society"

When I was growing up in Rio, there was a big pressure for women to be curvy.

I spent my youth force feeding myself so I would look like them, with curves, boobs and bums. (I never succeeded).
  • good for you hayley