JOIN ME ON THE WAGON!

Comments

• Oh dear oh dear oh dear FF! What's happened?
  • lol! I'm back on the wagon PW...don't worry!  Have managed to lose 20lb and running 20-30 miles a week and cycling 10.....things are good in the healthy department!

How's you?

• Way to go FF! I haven't got such a good story to tell - have just had two weeks off - lotsa red wine, and v. little exercise. Have only put on 2 lbs though, which is a relief! Am going swimming this morning, for the first time in two weeks. 1st September - gotta turn over a new leaf. ITS daughter is back at school on Wednesday, and No. 1 Son is re-enrolling for his A2s on Friday. Then things will be back to normal, and I can start clawing my way back to some kind of fitness.
  • Hello my gorgeous lovelies!

I can't even remember the last time I posted... it's certainly been a while, thank god for facebook to keep up at little bit with FF and Elle (way to go on your new PB FF... what's next?! Ah yes, Hellrunner - don't worry I haven't forgotten... must enter that soooon!)

I just thought I'd pop in cos the word 'Pumpskin' popped into my head the other day which obviously made me think of dear old Bunbury (his endearing word for pumpkin!) and the amazingly yummy recipes he used to tempt us all with! image If you're still posting here then a big hello! image

I can't promise to be back here soon - life seems so busy at the moment, but is going well. Just wanted to say hello to everyone!  My legs are functioning ok enough to do the odd bit of running so I'm really looking forward to the x-country season now that race dates have been posted!! Hurrah, lots of mud, glorious mud!! FF I'll hopefully bump into you for some of them cos your club's also down to take part in the series again. Yummy, lots of cake for us!! image

Um, er, I don't seem to have been too successful at sticking on the wagon, but then really, I never was very good despite SW and Buns taping me with extra-strong sticky tape to the wagon seats!! Please don't follow my awful example!

• well hello young amphibian!!! how the devil are you?

• Hello FF, LG,

LG - pleased to hear that things are going well for you.

FF - nice to get back to normal now that the kids are back at school, isn't it? How is the new job going? Or haven't you started yet? How's things with Mr FF?

Mr PW and I have just (last weekend) had a glorious four days in Berlin to celebrate our Silver Wedding Anniversary. Left the kids with my sister-in-law, and spent the time  doing just what we enjoy, exploring the city and spending time together. It was wonderful.

Let you all into a secret. I've applied to train for the Unitarian ministry. Closing date is 6th October, interviews in early January. Will keep you posted.

Love to all on the wagon xxx

• Morning PW and VT!

Great getting back to normal PW and I'm pretty sure I'm going for a sober october too!  I have started my uni course for the Supervisors role...but it is not really a new job...my job stays the same I will just have some statutory responsibilities and a case load of midwives for whom i will be their personal supervisor/mentor/adviser/etc....

Lots going on in FF household...things with Mr FF are...well frankly weird at the moment but nothing I can go into in too much depth..drinking still the same despite frank discussions and failed promises but then I think I am now at a point where I can see that is not going to change...and I think maybe passed the point of giving a toss!

It's very difficult because this weekend he has gone overboard in other areas to try and compensate...but this is not maintainable or what I want....in fact its freaking me out completely!!!  Besides there are other issues that complicate things now too...so there you go....life in chais ff extraordinaire continues as ever!

What is the Unitarian ministry??? does that involve travel and evangelism??? Let us know how that goes....

• Morning!

Oh good FF - how's the course going? Is it interesting? Or don't you really know yet? Sorry to hear that things with Mr FF aren't so good ... ((FF))

I am going to train to become a Unitarian minister. Unitarianism is a non-conformist denomination, a bit like the Quakers, except we aren't really Christians. If I'm accepted, it will probably involve quite a bit of travel - the only colleges are at Oxford and Manchester (i'm hoping to get in at Oxford, only an hour away) but not much evangelism, (we don't go in for it). Will keep you posted.

But before that, I 've got to pass my OU exam, which is on October 7th *gulp* 

• Helloooo!

Any one there? Or is the wagon completely deserted?

I need some support here - felt very ill last night, after unwise combination of shepherd's pie and red wine. Really need Buns and his gaffer tape.

Did anyone watch the Great North Run this morning? or better still, take part in it? The elite women's race was amazing - only a second each between 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

• would help pw...but bit of a pissed bird who doesn't care at the moment...having said that I ran a sub 50 10k the other week!

Have left Mr FF and have a younger fitter bloke in training image

• My goodness FF - what a bombshell! Have the kids gone with you?

Well done on the sub-50 10K and also on your decision. What's the new bloke like? image

• Here's an incentive. I've done two marathons, same training, same diet, same lifestyle - with one difference: second time around I stopped drinking for 3 months beforehand. I was nearly 5 kilos lighter when I finished the second than the first. Got to be connected. Boring though!

• Thanks Tim - that is quite an incentive!
  • het hum....ignore that last statement...I was a bit drunk....soz

• Hello Wagon,

I'm still here. Not a good week - v. little exercise and too much red wine.

• <passes Jammie the buttercup syrup>
  • lol! Is this a sneaky little visit JD.....

look VT and FF got together this weekend for the Hell Down South Race:

Vanilla Treefrog and Fatfyes!

How's lovely Jammie?

• Okay...so obviously my New Years resolution is to pamper my liver a little...and train for a marathon....and possibly a spring triathlon....

<dusts off the wagon and sprinkles some cookie crumbs around>

....................... come on.....they're chocolate chip.....

Happy New Year!

• Right then...Sunday 4th January...so far 3 glasses of wine this year (all last night..oops)  Up bright and breezy for a 10k Marshalls run..... weight

het hum....about 6lb heavier than the beginning of December...today I start watchin what I eat...give or take the flake bar I've just munched...energy purposes only!  I have to lose about 6-10 lb before March 1st....I'm hoping cutting out alcohol will do the trick...

This is a bit like my own little blog in here image

• Hello FF,

I'd given up on the wagon altogether. I too have put on 6lb over Crimbo - oops!

What's happening on March 1st?

• I have decided no alcohol apart from my day at the Cheltenham Festival imageimage in preparation to the FLM 09 .... although I intend to fall off with a bump on the afternoon of  Sunday 26th april
  • Wooo hooo....its alive!!!

1st March...20 mile x country

15 March Fleet Half Marathon

29 March Eastleigh 10k

Got a pb of 48mins for my 10k!!

26 April Houghton Duathlon

24 October Snowdonia Marathon

Its been a tough couple of weeks....was the only way I could make myself feel better about thingss!

Hey Steve, join the wagon....we're all useless at not drinking by the way image

• Hello Steve - welcome to the wagon. Good luck with your FLM training.

My goodness FF that's quite a programme! Have you done the Snowdonia Marathon before?

How are LFA and the rest of the family? ITS daughter is deciding on GCSE options in the next couple of weeks, and No. 1 Son is reactivating his Army application - Intelligence Corps

• Morning PW!

Nope, I've never even run a marathon before....but I'm hoping the pretty scenery will distract from the hills and weather and miles...besides I have a running buddy who lives in Wales who will be doing it with me....and I'm mid point talking VT into doing it with me too!  And get this.....Mr FF is coming to support me!!! OMG!  He's even suggested we make a long weekend of it and leave LFA at home!!! 

I finish my course in March and become very important...subject to passing everything!  Mr FF has had a promotion and is earning lots of money so I'm getting a new car image

LFA is good...she has to have grommits put in soon....I have her doing cycling, swimming and ballet.  Bloody funny, she looks like 'Mavis' from the wind in the willows.

http://www.coolngroovystuff.com/images/magnetspics/willomavismagnet.jpg

She still eats like a horse!!!  Eldest daughter leaves school this year...she wants to do midwifery like her mummy! Eldest son leaves next year and my youngest son still hates LFA with a passion.

3lb down, 3lb to go!  Have a feeling I'll have no trouble battling the christmas bulge with all my training!

Steve...good luck with your training....I'm thinking of blogging mine....keep us up to date with how yours goes....

two glasses of wine for me last night, but think I could've done without actually....still, need to go steady with that, don't want my body going into shock!

• Hello FF,

Lots of good news there - apart from poor LFA needing grommits. You must be very proud that your oldest daughter wants to follow in your footsteps.

I've got good news too - I heard today that I've been accepted for training for the Unitarian ministry. So by 2012, I will be Rev. PW! image Have been eating like a pig and drinking loadsa wine all week out of sheer nerves, so the diet starts on Monday! image 

• Rev PW....marvelous! My friends won't believe I've got a friend who's a Rev image

3.5lb down .... 2.5 to go....and then we'll see...depends on my training...my LSR goes up to 16 miles this week and my appetite has gone.....not sure what thats all about ??

• Hello FF,

How did the LSR go? Well done on the weight loss - I haven't shifted a lb!