4 Mile = 25:15 (6:23)
    5 Mile = 31:43 (6:28)
    6 Mile = 38:06 (6:23)
    7 Mile = 44:28 (6:21)
    8 Mile = 50:40 (6:12)
    9 Mile = 56:58 (6:17)
    10 Mile = 01:03:47 (6:49) (Up Hill)
    11 Mile = 01:10:13 (6:25)
    12 Mile = 01:17:20 (7:07) (Up Hill Badly)
    13.1 Mile = 01:24:49 (7:28) Shattered

I'm well made up, looking good for a flat one now at Blackpool. Bring it on... Lost it on the 11 mile hill... all fell apart... shame really.

Well done to the organisers, great run... cheers to everyone clapping and cheering, really helped at times...

Great race... see ya all next year ;-)
  • Options
    Russel Eaton:

4-1 ;-)

When's your next race mate? I'm doing Sale 5 Miler next MOnday, Blackpool Half the week after... get your application in for Blackpool tonight mate!
  • Options
    2.13 here - amazing considering I was running with strapped ribs (freak accident on Fri eve, bruised 2/3 ribs)

very wet and the longest half I've ever done (nearly 14 mile once you include the "run/jog" from Greyhound Park to racecourse.

Did annoy me a little that they didn't make the decision earlier to not use the racecourse to park as forecast was bad all week, a note on the website or local press/radio could have been done because I'd have saved 35min and come up Sealand road from Queenferry rather than gone the other way - minor gripe.
  • Options
    Im chuffed. First half marathon... 2.10
    Knackered but gonna keep going and try for another...one day!
  • Options
    You've got something to beat now, Caroline... You're hooked !
  • Options
    I think it's one of those things that you do get hooked on! I'm already looking for future races!
  • Options
    I did one for a laugh 20 years ago.... and haven't been the same since !!!
  • Options
    pug. just entered Blackpool. Really good run today mate. Welldone, all that effort you put in for Paris is beginning to pay off. See you on the Blackpool thread.
  • Options
    Good Lad Russ, I knew you couldn't resist after todays... well, dare I say it... incredible run by the Puglet ;-) See you in two weeks my friend ;-)
  • Options
    well done everyone, my unofficial time was 1:39:52 which I'm very pleased with, 2nd fastest 1/2 mara and considering I was in hospital 2 weeks ago isn't bad.
    My legs just went between 11 and 12 miles, but it was a great race, good course, just the mud at the end on the turn into the race course was a nightmare.

Hopefully will be back next year.
  • Options
    fingers crossed next yr will be dry

If there's anyone local, can they let us know how many complaints there are about the traffic, "bumped" into one pratt at about 7 miles moaning he'd been stuck in traffic for hours and that how dare "we" hold him up, could've clouted him, after all it's a sunday and raining, i'm sure the garden centre would still be there in a few hours or tomorrow or next sunday. Most were great though, stood next to their cars etc cheering us on.
  • Options

I loved the woman with the photographer at 3 miles giving out business cards for the photo people.... So where am I suppose to carry a piece of wet card for 10 miles ?

No perhaps don't answer that !!!
  • Options
    My apologies to the man running for the cystic fibrosis charity, who I tried to encourage at 11 miles by saying " you're doing really well, it's not far now" - the look of hate he gave me as he turned round was enough to spur me on up that hill!

Good race though - I managed 1.53. Thought the weather was actually a help rather than a hinderance.

Great to be running though my old haunts as well, I had forgotten how beautiful Chester is.
  • Options
    Ah, so that's what it was, Dave!

Wondered what the hell she was handing out at the 3-mile stage. Nearly took it 'cos I thought it was food.

Way I was feeling on the way back, I probably would have eaten it anyway. Nice sharp-edged business card, that'd be pleasant, snugly tucked down in the shorts :o/

Had an ok race, but ended up running with a hang-over and no breakfast after a slight Eurovision over-indulgance. But still got a 1:35, so happy enough.
  • Options
    I loved the rain, perfect conditions, just wasn't expecting the hill at 8 and 11... the one at 11, man, in 2 mile I lost opver a minute... was gutted...
  • Options
    thats where my legs went as well.
  • Options
    marshallinimarshallini ✭✭✭
    I was supporting at the marshalling station just after the 7 mile mark where that idiot impatient driver was, he was being totally obnoxious and insulting and blaming the marshall for not doing anything, but what could he do?
    I really had to bite my lip and I commend the marshall for handling it so well and not getting caught up in a swearing match. When he starterd having a go at the runners some of them were not so polite and after that he just sat in his car.
  • Options
    You jumped when I shouted "Hiya Chris" at you !!!
  • Options
    Has anyone got a web link for that photographer with the mid-run card distribution arrangement?
  • Options
    www.marathon-photos.com

Drop your card ?
  • Options
    Yep. Down shorts and out via left leg I'm afraid!
  • Options
    marshallinimarshallini ✭✭✭
    Dave - Too right I jumped, took me totally by suprise. You weren't the first though, someone shouted "Chester Tri" at me because I had my Chester Tri fleece on and that was one of the first 15 people to pass.
  • Options
    If you had pockets full of jelly babies (like Nicko does at FLM) I would have hugged you !!! Hmm perhaps not
  • Options
    My missus was in the line of traffic outside the garden centre trying to get back to see me at the finish - she just missed me 'cos I was so bliddy fast :-)
    Last year she did the same thing and the traffic was flowing freely up the left hand side of the road while we ran up the r-h side.
    This year I think the feeder lane for the garden centre was coned off as part of the running course,so anyone driving to buy shrubs was stuck waiting to turn right and holding up all traffic.
    However I could be wrong as at the time I was trying to squeegee the rain off my contacts while convincing my quads that they could manage another 5 miles.
  • Options
    Photos are up on www.marathon-photos.com
  • Options
    I'd rather they weren't !!!
  • Options
    I can't remember my number, anyway you can just look through them all?
    Or any way to find out my number, tried the results but it doesn't say ?
  • Options
    You can also filter the photos based on what you were wearing (seems an odd function to have, rather than having a surname option?).

I found me - but couldn't make out last number. Trial and error though, found them eventually....

And to think, the company is paying me while I'm doing this....
  • Options
    My god, every picture I look like I'm walking and a fat git... don't think I'll be wanting any of them me thinks :-) How's everyones legs? I wenty out yesterday for a 6.8 miler, and struiggled around... these legs better pick up some speed for Monday's 5 mile race... or they'll be trouble!
  • Options
    found me - number 410