Oxford Town & Gown 10K

Ran in this a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it (apart from the last 1k!). Think I might go for it again this time.

Any other takers?

Comments

• Yep...I'm doing this one, hopefully!! Was supposed to do it last year, but had to pull out because of injury. Hope to manage it this time though, and soak up some of the ambience of the dreaming spires (or was it perspiring dreams?!).
    See you there!
  • Hoping to do this one. I think the correct term for Oxford is the 'City of dreaming cyclists' (love it really). Anyone going in fancy dress? It seems to be quite popular looking at previous years photos. Wonder when their web site is going to be finished.
  • Yeah, I'm a local so it's got to be done!
  • In fancy dress?
  • Did it last year and am booked in again. Really enjoyed this one and had a lovely afternoon in Oxford afterwards.

Will running in fancy dress give me a good excuse for a cr*p time?
  • Absolutely!
  • Oh good news!

<rummages in dressing-up box>
  • Specially if you go as Pooh Bear! (just spotted your pic)
  • But that's what I really look like, RLTW!

I thought I might dress up as a human being.

;-D
  • Did this last year, really enjoyed it. Not sure if I can make it this year yet.
  • TMW, that would be a shame!

How are you?
  • Short, fat, hairy legs huh? Try a costume with long lean legs. How bout batman - at least he has underwear!!
  • RLTW, are you saying I am not a cute, cuddly and lovable little hunny bear?

I am hurt to the quick...

<stifles sob>
  • Pretty good ST. Everything going well, running going very well at the moment. Want to do T & G but 3 weeks after my marathon (Belfast) may be a bit soon.

Are you well?
  • Sounds like it's all going great for you, TMW.

T and G is 4 weeks after FLM, so I should be all right - I think that's about the same gap as last year. I'm training much better for FLM than last year and enjoying my running a lot.

I'm well, thanks. Climbed Kilimanjaro last month - great experience! I like to think it was cross-training for FLM ;-D
  • I'm sure you're all those things and more - Wouldn't dream of deliberately causing you to sob -you just give the appearance of being a little - hmm! athletically challenged (if you really are Pooh Bear)!
  • Good recovery, RLTW!

I'm not really Pooh Bear. But I guess you knew that anyway.

;-D

I am short though. But not fat and don't have hairy legs (well, not since yesterday anyway...)
  • Sorry, Hi TMW. Just a little frivolous banter. Dare I wear a green ribbon now?
    How about we all go dressed to match or as a theme? I guess it depends if you guys want to get PB's. I just hope to keep running!
  • Frivolous banter is entirely acceptable, don't you think?

We wore green ribbons at the Bristol half last October and it worked well.

Suggest a theme, then, and see what people think. I am not bothered about a PB, so happy to give it due consideration.

• Blimey ST, climbing Kilimanjaro must be quite something, got to better than trying to spell it though! Envy you for that, nice achievement.

Good to hear things are going great guns for FLM, hope to do it myself one day, when the ballot shines favourably.
  • Kili was just fantastic, a great experience. You'd love it.

I have failed in the FLM ballot twice now, but have got a charity place (same charity both years).
  • I've failed the FLM ballot 4 times now. I'm setting my sights on 2008. I fancy doing one of those Trek for Life things on the Great Wall of China.

• There's a great walk (although you can also cycle or horseride) across Northern Spain - The Way of St James, I think it's called.

Although we're also thinking of climbing Mt Elbrus in a couple of years time.

So much choice!
  • Not heard of that one. What charity are you doing FLM for ST? I know most of them expect you to raise a grand+ If you have one of those 'Just giving' type sponsor pages I might consider adding to it. I feel I should do something to make amends for making you sob....
  • Aw, you're quite sweet, really, aren't you?

I am running for Lisa Thaxter Trust. They support children and teenagers with cancer.

www.justgiving.com/SweetestThing

(you don't need to sponsor me - I was only pretending to cry, you know!!!)
  • That's ok, ST It sounds like a really good cause. I've had a bit of that myself though mine was a few years ago now. I'm doing Gt North Run for Cancer Research UK for that very reason (well - and because it sounds good fun) Hope you do well with getting your sponsorship - and of course the run.
  • RLTW- thank you. You know what for!
  • I totally forgot about this race and I've just sent off entry form for the White Peak half the day before...I would love to do T&G though...
  • apps,couldn't you do both? This could be a little cool-down plod?
  • I guess I could...especially if I had the excuse of fancy dress...I could go as a short bear with hairy legs! For charity of course!!