Morning all!
what - 45 min steady
why - need to!
last hard- tuesday
last rest- week last sat.
Have a nice day y'all!!

Comments

• OK

what - 6 mile steady (as long as knee feels ok when I wake up)
    why - sheduled run
    last hard - yesterday's speed session
    last easy - Wednesday
    last rest - Tuesday

May return post session with an update. Have a good one!
  • Make that sCheduled - when's the edit feature coming back?
  • Actually trained yesterday rather than having a day-off, ended up doing a late evening 30 minute thrash. Knee hasn't been feeling too bad so pushed the pace a bit - paying the price today as its a bit sore.

Last post for a while as I'm off on holidays tomorrow - first real ski-trip of this season. Probably won't run which will give knee an extended recovery period.

Today: Rest
    Why: No rest since last Friday plus must pack!
    Last hard: Tuesday
    Last rest: Last Friday

• Almost forgot.

For those racing this weekend we want TIME PREDICTIONS

Remeber to give:

1. Dream Time.
    2. Acceptable Time.
    3. Disappointing Time.
    4. Nightmare scenario.

The fourth category is new!
  • Martin H,
    have a great time, whereabouts are you heading to ski?

What: nowt
    Why: Friday = rest day
    Last hard run: Yesterday
    Last rest day: Today

Best of luck everyone racing this weekend, looking forward to reading the reports.
  • What: 1:05 running incl 10 hill reps 5 x 2 to 2:10 (the longer bit), 5 x 45 to 50 secs (the steep bit)
    Why: Snicks make it up as you go along schedule told me to and I didn't do my hills yesterday
    last rest: yesterday active rest ie teaching/practising Body Balance, Wednesday nothing but did walk a fair bit and had virtually no sleep on Tuesday!
    Hope this hill training is going to be effective and will help in connemara.
  • MM - Off to Ischgl in the Austrian Alps. Been snowing the last two days ....yum, yum, yum!
  • MartinH, I've just gone green, anyway hope the snows good and the turns are fast.

Welcome Murf, please be happy posting here on your FLM buildup, some of us are too wimpish to enter, so Hippo feel superior today.

Laura L: just read your postings of yesterday "follicularly challenged in the eyebrow department": Humphh, I'm hoping they'll go uphill to my head. I suggest that instead of trying to fix that bike computer you spend more time checking that your outfit doesn't clash with the frame. ;-)

Pretty apprehensive about my knee for test drive #2 yesterday - another 2 miles at 8min miling, but it held out, ached a bit afterwards but is actually better today than yesterday.

what: 2.5 miles at 8min miling on treddy plus whatever
    why: rehab
    last hard day : forgotten
    last rest : Tues

Let's go RUNNING <jingle plays out>
  • The plan is:
    what: 10.3K at "see how it goes" pace
    why: check out how much I've recovered from Sunday

last hard day: Sun
    last long day: Sun
    last rest day: Thu

but may not be possible due to other (bad) events in life - we shall see
  • Trying something new today. Got the bus into work with a view to running home (about 8 miles). This'll mean leaving loads of gear at work over the weekend but hey, it'll also mean training finished by about 6-30pm rather than going home, eating, waiting, then running which on a Friday is a pain. So...

what : 8 mile at marathon pace (8m50s/mile)why : 'cos i've got no bus fare!!!
    last hard : wednesday
    last rest : thursday

Good luck all racers this weekend.
  • Morning all. Hello Murf, nice to see you on this thread. Your presence has prompted me to make one of my sporadic contributions.

Today's plans:

What: easy 3 miles, hope to drag at least one of the children out on a bike with me.
    Why: Have 13 miler planned for tomorrow, so don't want to go too mad! Also toying with the idea of doing 3-4 mile cross country race on Sunday, depending on family negotiations.
    Last hard: Tuesday
    Last rest: yesterday

Also technophobe here has at last ventured into photo section & worked out what to do. All I have to find now is suitable mugshot or something more pleasant for you all to look at. Busy weekend!
  • Morning, stars.

What: Rest day.
    Why: I will not overtrain. I will not overtrain. I - will - NOT - overtrain!
    Last rest day: Monday.
    Last hard day: Yesterday was two sessions so that must count as hard.

The personal trainers at the gym are fighting over my body now because they're all fed-up with the New Year Resolution crowd and want an endorphin-addicted nutter on their caseload. Might give it a go for 6 months, although having some bright kid half my age telling me what to do will not be easy.
  • drewdrew ✭✭✭
    Morning all

What: If I can finish my work load before 2pm - 40 minutes easy
    Why: Taking things easy this week after lay off due to virus
    Last rest day: Tuesday
    Last hard day: 2 weeks ago on Sunday!

• Morning all

Meant to run yesterday and rest today but have swapped that because of work.
    What: min 1 lap, max 2 laps of park.
    2.75miles per lap. slow.
    Why:need to do lsr's to increase my stamina and also get the body used to being on its feet. Also starting to see the weight loss as part of doing this running. That is motivating.
    Last hard: Monday
    Last Rest: yesterday.
  • Morning all,

Martin, hope you have a great time skiing, don't break anything!
    Welcome Murf, hope your knee's OK after all.
    Vrap, want a full report on your first session with a personal trainer, and make it personal.
    Tiger - campaign for real faces is going on!Hope your life events don't turn worse Mike, but I think you're allowed an easy week after your Helsby performance.

What: 8 miles, supposedly at marathon pace but actually 2 mins slower.
    Why: spent too much time gassing with running partner and not enough checking my watch. Pathetic excuse I know. My only other news that I daren't mention at home for fear of being ridiculed is that my resting hr is down to 43, I know you'll be fascinated to know this.
    Last hard: Wed
    Last rest: Mon
    Next hard: 23 mile xcountry event on Sunday, but not making any time predictions, it'll be hours anyway.

btw, the Inland revenue just phoned!!! So much for doing my return over the Internet, just means it disappears into the ether evidently. Hope you're all up to date!

• Arrrghhh!! Twisted my ankle last night and now its three times the size and I'm having difficulty walking on it. So much for my 15miler this weekend and possibly most of next week. Arrrgghhhh!

What : nothing
    Why : see above
    Last Hard : Tue
    Last Rest : Sat
  • I'm not "purdy" enough to put my real mug on here so i'll just keep the Zilla for now.

what: rest - maybe light weights - bit of upper body

why: long run yesterday - legs feel great today but there lies the road to overtraining

last hard yesterday.

stretching down after long run really helped as today i'm a bit tired but not sore

• Morning All

What: 13 Miles in 2 Hours
    Why: Schedule Said 10 miles, but felt good, so continued.

Last hard: Today
    Last rest: Tuesday
    Last long: Today
  • Afternoon all

Not posted here before but thought I'd give it a try!!

Quick introduction - name's Dave and I'm 38 years of age. Been running since the age of 14 (1978!) when believe it or not I was part of a Scout relay team that ran from John 'O' Groats to Land's End - been running (off and on) ever since

I'm currently training for my first marathon attempt (Taunton) where I really hope (dream) to break 3 hours. This comes of a history of 1/2 marathons with a PB of 1:23:28 which I ran in March of 2002 (most have been sub 1:30)

Anyway current schedule is approx 65 miles/week building to 75 about 3 weeks prior to race day (April 6th)

So today's planned session is 15M steady
    why: on the schedule + I get Friday afternoons off!
    last hard day: Yesterday (7.5m @ 6:20 pace)
    last rest day: Wednesday (ran 12 miles tempo/recovery Mon/Tues)

Nice to meet you all
  • what: 6 miles very easy at 9.20 pace.
    why: Gonna do 18 tomorrow so wanted to take easy b4 tomorrow. Out Saturday night for friends b'day party so switched norm long run to Saturday!
    last hard day : Wednesday, 8 miles hard.
    last rest : Yesterday
  • Hi David and Welcome on the Forum!

Good Luck with the Taunton Marathon, I'll be there too but only for the half!

Happy Running!
  • Afternoon all. Can't believe I've been too busy to log on before now!

What: Rest.
    Why: It's good to rest.
    Hard: Yesterday. Ish.
    Rest: Wednesday.

Good weekends for all, and best of luck (skill?) to the racers.
  • hi, everyone.

- a warm welcome to all the new faces, hope to see more of you.

- best of luck to all recuperators, Martin, Drew, sfh legs, et al.

- Laura: RHR of 43, now that is something to be proud of!

what: 12M marathon pace tempo run @ 6:15 pace, rising to 6:00 pace over last three miles - excuse me, but isn't training supposed to make things easier?

why: dunno, starting to have serious doubts about my FLM goal, unless I can start going forwards rather than backwards.

last rest: yesterday - so why was today so hard?

last hard day: Tuesday

starting to have mutinous thoughts about this whole Horwill business. grrrr.

have a great w/e, everybody, and best of luck if you're racing or "going long".
  • Oh well -

what:Rest
    why:ran 6 miles at steady 10:10m/mile. last night.
    last rest:Wednesday.
    last hard:Yesterday.

Was supposed to be doing 5 miles at marathon pace (11m/m) but I felt stronger than that. Last year all I did was endurance running, but this year I've been speed training on the track, and varying the speed of my runs.

Did a cool down run and stretched thoroughly, but my thighs were so sore had to take a nurofen to get to sleep. Feel fine today though.

Recovery run tomorrow and then 2:30 long slow run on Sunday.
  • TmapTmap ✭✭✭
    go on then...

what: 9 x 5 minute reps on the exercise bike
    why: wifey's going out, so I need to babysit
    last rest: Wednesday
    last hard: yesterday (13 miles, 1:32).

• Hi all

What: 3miles
    Why: rested yesterday and saving myself for a long run tomorrow

Good luck to everyone racing this weekend and best wishes to those in recovery, hope you're feeling better soon
  • what: 8mile fartlek - 1min hard/easy * 15 + strides to loosen
    why: Marathon training seems to be stiffening legs up and chnaging style - want to get the old style back.... was to be 8m steady but needed to stretch legs out

last hard day : yesterday (8m tempo run - 44:30 - much too fast - got carried away to music on headphones... didn't realise how out of breath I was...)
    last rest : 07/01
  • Hi everyone!

What: nothing - Fri is rest day
    Last hard: yesterday
    Last rest: last Fri
  • Evening all

What: One hour steady run in incredibly muddy forest with plenty of hills and kilos of muck stuck to trainers to turn it into a rather unexpected weight session also!!- guess only about 10-11km covered.

Why: Should have done hard tempo run today but shattered as young baby decided to party all night. So swapped programme around and did the slightly easier steady run and will do tempo tommorrow am after hopefully a better nights sleep and lie in.

Last hard: Wednesday's hill session

Simon