Options

Haweswater Half Marathon

2»

Comments

• Options
    Thanks Bill & YY, Sounds good, I'm just starting to get concerned about the weather, hope for no snow!
  • Options
    doubt there'll be snow but i bet the roads will be icy/frosty and potentially very slippy. All good fun...
  • Options
    Just a brief update on conditions - it is currently (Friday lunchtime) snowing hard in Kendal and, I expect, over much of the Lake District. Even if we don't get falling snow on Sunday, we are going to get lots of scenery and some very icy roads.

See you on Sunday Yapyap. Hope to meet a few more. Be careful and have a good race.
  • Options
    looking forward to it but looks like it might be a bit slippy!
  • Options
    fellrunner - bet that was interesting on friday. Fairfield horseshoe in white out? We got about 2 inches of snow in cartmel around 1pm. All stop by about 3pm though.

Biggest prob tomorrow will be the roads to bampton I guess.

See you sunday CA. Good luck to everyone else.
  • Options
    woo hoo Pb 1:57:27 but it was bloody hard work! How did everyone else do?
  • Options
    XBXB ✭✭✭
    Well done, Jo.

1:52:20 for me. That's 5 mins quicker than last year.

I love this race.

• Options
    Well done jo, XB and everybody involved in putting this one today. Thoroughly enjoyed myself and managed 1:44:40 (by my watch) which I'm satisfied with.

Yap yap - thanks again for the lift down from Shap. Hope you got the decorating sorted - see you in Coniston for that piunt I owe you.

Anybody else drop into the NB shop and pick up a bargain pair of shoes? (Can't quite believe I just asked that)
  • Options
    Nearly forgot

Yap yap - you wanted to know about this year's Keswick half - deatils are here

Doubt I'll do it as its only a week after the Hawkshead Trail Race
  • Options
    Well done everybody. 2.15 for me which I was pleased with (2 and half mins better than last year). Two pairs of shoes from the NB shop - Can't pass through Shap without stocking up on shoes.
    Ten out of ten for the organisers.
  • Options
    Great race, although my legs are really feeling it now. 1:34 for me which I'm dead chuffed with for first race of the season.

CA, decorating all sorted (most of it not by me). I managed to sneek out with the dog for an hour.

Shoes duly purchased (and socks). Complete bargain. A nice shiny pair of 1060's for £25.

Time to get some hill training in for Coniston now me thinks. Cheers for the Link to Keswick CA, see you at Coniston for that pint.
  • Options
    Good race this and the cup of tea hit the spot - am I the only one to add sugar when normally I can't stand it?. I managed a PB so I will definitely try it again. Haweswater certainly took your mind off the pain of the inclines - mind you the superb weather helped, I can just imagine what it would have been like if we had some of our real Cumbrian rain/wind though. Still I'll be back.
  • Options
    XBXB ✭✭✭
    Where will I find the official results? And was there a photographer?

Thanks

XB
  • Options
    Good grief - struggling with my typing yesterday wasn't I? Must have been tired.

Well done again to everybody - I've done a bit of digging for results. So far as I can tell, in past years they've been presented on the club website. I'm going to give them a couple of days then ask the question directly as an addition to a complimentary email to the race organisers.

There was a photographer - finding the output from that may need to go in the same email.
  • Options
    A link to the photographer will be put on the club website.
  • Options
    Results are on the Eden Runners website but I only got there via a link on the John Schofield race results site, not through the site that appeared when I did a search through google. Something strange was happening. John Schofield show results for the junior race with a link back to eden runners for the main event (in red at the top). Click that and the results hyper link on the eden runners site is there.

I havn't managed links on the rw site but here's a cut and paste:
    http://www.edenrunners.co.uk/HWHMresults06.htm

confused. I am!
  • Options
    I take it all back. Its late in the evening. The results hyper link is on the eden runners home page, not their results page. I'm just to tired to see it. I pressume its been up loaded sometime this evening (before Bill2 and CA posted).

Photographer link on there also. Happy spotting folks...