Paddock Wood Half-Marathon 2006

12346»

Comments

• Yes Redhead it was my first proper go at racing for months and I'm pleased. I've done it before in 1.48 but aimed to get in under 2 hours. 1.56 I finished - so I'm pleased - it gives me something to work on.

You going to Folkestone?
  • Ignore my previous tripe about the finishing times - I think my sozzled brain couldn't read the time properly when crossing the line.
  • Tracey GTracey G ✭✭✭
    Oh well no photo of your Redhead. Would have been nice to see what you looked like as well.
  • RedheadRedhead ✭✭✭
    Martin, no more racing for me until FLM ;-))))
  • Good luck then - we're missing FLM this year. Didn't get an entry but had already booked to gpo away for ther weekend anyway - the date is a week later this year.

Hopefully will be there next year.

Maybe see you at our Rye Series during the summer? First race Friday 14th July.
  • RedheadRedhead ✭✭✭
    Tracey, this is what I look like www.justgiving.com/redheadsreturn. Sorry, can't remember how to do links! Hope to meet you at a race some time.

Thanks Martin. Maybe see you in Rye.
  • i too enjoyed this run,not the best of times 1;43;30 but still enjoyed it.have to say i was well impressed with the medal,shows that the organisers have thought about them.rather than just have the run of the mill medal.
    redhead;you were coming over the bridge just as i was leaving,you did look strong compared to some in front who were walking.
    my kids were pleased with the fun run and their medal too.well done paddock wood.

time for a few shorter runs now until southend 1/2 in june.
  • CindersCinders ✭✭✭
    Afternoon, just back from Paddock Wood via Eastbourne!

Redhead, prob a stupid question but did you have Redhead in letters on your vest, if so i spotted you at the end.

Neither a pb or pw for me but had numb feet at 9 miles if anyone saw an odd bod walking without trainers!
  • RedheadRedhead ✭✭✭
    Cinders, ouch, poor you! Yes I did have Redhead on my vest.

Laurie, thank you xxx

Paul, that was my version of sprinting ;-))))
  • CINDERS;did you take a wrong turning en route to end up in eastbourne.
    (i have visions of you running down the A21)

SUZIE 2;congratulations on your fantastic time.well done.
  • Thanks Paul. Was really pleased. But now I've set a time to smash am obsessed! Always gone solo but considering joining local club to improve my times(I tend to get out there and plod round a set number of miles after a days work).
    Mind you, didn't enjoy the after effects of PW-have never felt like that after a run before-really bad stomach ache, sickness and other unpleasantness-spent rest of the day in bed! Maybe it was just coincidence and I'd caught a bug, but think it must have been my body protesting at running at a faster pace than usual for much further than I'm used to. Anyone else suffered like this? Any way to avoid it? Suppose i just need to train more at speed-get my bod used to the punishment!
    Well done to you too Paul. Maybe see you at the Folkestone 10.
  • suzie 2;i can assure you that joining a running club will get your times even lower.i myself am not a member(just enjoy running,not up for racing)but people i used to leave behind have joined a club over the last couple of years and now they leave me behind.
    as for feeling bad,i think it would help if you got your body used to running the distance,pace,etc.you may also find that recovery will improve as well.
    i was looking at folkestone or maidenhead on the same day.but decided to concentrate on training runs until end of the month.
    have a 5 mile and then a 10 mile,10k in may before southend 1/2.
    good luck at folkestone,what sort of time are you aiming for?
    going by pw time,i would say around 74 mins.no pressure!
  • 74mins would be fab! I've only really just got into racing and worrying about my times though. Have been running some years, but just a few miles after work to keep fit. So at the moment, I'm just setting times to beat.
    Although, at the back of my mind is the desire to maintain 7min miles over a half marathon! But that's a 2 or 3 year goal. Re:folkestone, would be happy with 7.5min miles i.e. 75mins, but would love to do 7.25min miles(72.5 mins).We'll see...may not even make that race as have other committments which may get in the way.
  • P.S Definitely doing the Stelling Minnis 10k, May 14th though