Options

Air Products 10K

13»

Comments

• Options
    Actually ,the craziest incident was a guy drove up and parked his car right in front of the finish line, despite cones, banners, people standing around and plenty of space about elsewhere. He started arguing that its a public highway, he can park where he likes, etc etc

Fortunatly one of the spectators was an off duty policeman who had a quiet word and he soon parked elsewhere
  • Options
    motorists eh? Run over the top of them I say!
  • Options
    Phew ! Mine is now right too (though surname is spelt wrong but that's my fault for scruffy scribbling on the day, I would imagine.)

I hope everyone else is now sorted.

• Options
    Mistakes do happen and I've got to commend Simon for getting in touch and resolving matters.
  • Options
    thanks for your comments guys,next year it will be numbers with tear-off strips,and giving out of T-shirts before the race

• Options
    A longer finish funnell may be easier, that way the runners are in an orderly line to have their race numbers read and momentos given, not falling over each other, out of breath, doubled over and throwing up whilst someone is trying to read their number and give them a t-shirt
  • Options
    Kind of agree but a short bottleneck is just like a long(er) bottleneck - ie still not moving. The root cause problem, certainly at 50-55 minutes, was that we were coming in faster than the poor t-shirt marshalls were giving out shirts. Throw in the drinks table right before it and we have a problem, Houston.

I really appreciate those who help at races, and I am delighted to have found a 10k I like enough to return to next year ... I just hope that the Crewe 10k people can have a good look at how they might iron out some of the problems for next year.
  • Options
    I'd do this race again, even though I have been whinging, it was a good race.