Do you use IPods?

Comments

• Hi Nick, hope you can help me.

I was running today with my lovely Logitech headphones and somehow when I took them off the little foam pad over one of the earpieces came off and disappeared into the undergrowth. Unfortunately the ring which holds the pad in place went with it so I can't put one of the spare pads on, as I've no bit to hold it in place.

Is it possible to get hold of a spare clip? I shall be eternally grateful if you can help!

Many thanks. Shona
  • Hi Shona,

Will be on the case first thing in the morning, sure we can get them sorted out.

Best Wishes,

Nick
  • Nick, I think I love you!

Shona
  • Hi Shona,

Can you please call this number:

(0)207-3090126

Explain to them what has happened and that you would like the spare clip, they should be able to send you one direct.

Let me know if there are any problems!

Best Wishes,

Nick
  • Hi Nick

Called Logitech as you suggested. You could usefully give them some lessons in customer care. The guy I spoke to said they don't hold spare parts and that I should go back to you in the hope you might have had a set of headphones returned to you which you could cannibalise!

He then gave me a reference number to quote to you (0609 12-00 14 16) and thanked me for calling. Words fail me.

What do you think I should do now? Sorry to bother you with this.

best wishes
    Shona
  • Finally have Sennheiser Sport Range in stock, there are more to come but we have 4 models in our hands, all our sweatproof, waterproof, look very cool and fit prett well:

http://www.mp3additions.co.uk/site/department.cfm?startrow=31&currentpage=4&id=ED9CEE57-A16C-3B8C-4E926BD4D806FE2F

• Much earlier on in the thread, you mention a discount code for runners...to save me reading all the way through the 13 pages...would you re-submit it?!
    Thank you...
  • Got my Sennheiser PMX70's this morning......arrived on saturday but no-one in to sign for them :(

Lovely looking package. Did think the headphones were going to be in one of those blister packs that processors come in (the ones you have to rip to shreds to open) but comes open nicely.

Fairly comfortable to wear and my old Sony ones must be broke or something as I can now have my iPod on 40-50% volume to get the same level as 90-100% with the Sony ones.

Only little thing I'm not 100% keen on is that you can't adjust the position of the bits that go into your ears and this seems to result in a lot more sound leakage.
    Probably something to hget used to, although with background noise, no-one should really notice.
  • I always use my Ipod for running currently a shuffle but about to upgrade to a Nano.
    For me it's as essential to running as my trainers especially on those long runs!

Godd Luck
  • Does anyone run with a say 4th Gen iPod?
    Was wondering how heavy they would be on an arm. Few people at my gym have nanos in those arm bands but only seen one other person with a 4th Gen who has a belt for it (she doesn't run though)
  • Scott, there are a lot of people using 5G iPods and a few using 4G at the gym I go to, the XtremeMac armbands do a good job of holding them in place.

We have a couple of items that have either opened packaging or slightly dented packaging, I am willing to let these go at big discount to get rid of them and thought I would offer them to you guys and girls for first refusal as you are a nice bunch on here. The products are a Griffin iTrip Nano, a Griffin Smartdeck Cassette Adapter(with tasty features), an iSkin Duo for iPod Nano colour Purple Haze and an XtremeMac Iceframe for iPod Nano. Can let them go at £19.99 for the iTrip Nano, £12.99 for the Griffin Smartdeck, £10.99 for the iSkin Duof or Nano and £9.99 for the IceFrame for Nano from XtremeMac. £1.99 for postage and packaging.

Can do a deal on the skin and case plus either the smartdeck or the itrip nano. If you want skina nd case plus itrip nano can do all shipped at £40 or £32 for the case and skin plus smartdeck. Just email me at sales@mp3additions.co.uk or ring on 0208 203 8628 if you want to purchase these items, all work 100% well just not perfect packaging but items are 100%.
  • Has anyone got a new Nano yet, what you think of them? We have some cases and skins to fit the new one all marked on our site, one of our FM Transmitters also works with the new Nano.

Remember your Runners World Discount Code RW1 at the checkout www.mp3additions.co.uk
  • Anyone got the new Nano yet, what you think of it?
  • Ordered from here...great dervicce, very pleased! Thx UK2004... will def be ordering again!
  • oops...meant great SERVICE!! he he
  • slo shoslo sho ✭✭✭
    Yep, I've used this site a few times and the sevice is always excellent.
  • Thank you both for your kind comments, happy customers make us happy!

More Cygnett products have come into stock, the Silicone Skins come with an armband so can be used for running, they come in at a great price, cheapest in UK for most of their products too!

Also just started to sell XtremeMac MicroSports, don't be fooled by the picture where they look like sponge these are a solid case and the design is actually one I like a lot of clenching your iPod while you run through the strap behind the case, very nice piece of kit for the Nano:

http://www.mp3additions.co.uk/site/product.cfm?id=61DCD5E8-A256-1D20-5EAB515D6E35A257
  • Some new Sennheiser Style range headphones in stock and also a couple of new FM transmitters, the Cygnett GrooveTraveller Kits for All Dock Connector iPods are back in stock at last and ready to ship.

All can be found in new arrivals section at www.mp3additions.co.uk
  • am interested in some sennheiser headphones (i think, could be swayed - the logitech's look interesting). have real problems keeping the things in my tiny ears.

how do the sennheiser lx70's work - do they go over the head, behind the neck?!

sennheiser lx70's or pmx70's? currently use nike philipps sports headphoens (behind the nexk) - and these are fab. getting a nano though and want better quaility phones.

i know it has been asked before - which is the best armband? need something that is sweat resistant, shower resistant (won't be running in a downpour), and that fits my TINY upper arms. also, don't want to advertise i am using a nano - so would like it hidden away. anything fit these criteria?

thanks loads, plum
  • Hi Plum,

Sorry for the late reply and hope you have had an enjoyable weekend. LX70's and PMX70's both sit at the lower neck point, they are customisable for a good in ear fit and rest behind you leaving you free of wires banging on your head and are useful as sweatproof and water resistant. If you are worried about fit then the Logitech Sports set are excellent for fit and sound quality, they are a clip over the ear model but are superb and in Lime Green they look very nice too. Definetly worth considering if in ear earphones have been a problem to fit before.

For the armband, if you have one I think many will guess you are using an iPod but the Open View Tunebelt will certainly hide it to a degree, otherwise you can have itin pocket and wire headphones under your t shirt. The Tunebelt in covering the Nano gives respectable protection from sweat grime etc.

Any more questions please ask.

Best Wishes,

Nick at MP3 Additions
  • Hi All,

Hope you're having an enjoyable weeekend, some fantastic new iPod accessories are with us now and updated at www.mp3additions.co.uk

Belkin Protective Overlay for iPod Nano is a fantastic new product from Belkin. We have been looking for a while for a product that not only protects your iPod from scratches, especially the Nano as it is so scratch prone, but also one that allows you to still have a case or skin on the iPod and also does not leave sticky residue when taken off. This is the first to tick all the boxes and is a great addition to any iPod Nano. They are also available for the Video iPod

Another great new product is from Body Glove, they are well known for producing cool cases for mobile phones, hafl sporty, half high tec in design adn finally they have something for the iPod Nano and Shuffle. The Traction Case is a real beauty and is available in Pink and Dark Blue, definetly a great value, cool case to protect your iPod.

Either pop to the Homepage and select your iPod to browse the accessories and see what's new or head straight for our New Arrivals section and take a look at the 25 or so new products in stock.

As always for your Runner's World discount just type in the discount code RW1 when paying at the checkout.

• Hi UK2004

I am now the proud owner of my very first i pod, so of course I immediately went to your site to see what accessories I could buy :0)

The only problem is, and I know this sounds really stupid, but I can`t find my model. On the box it just says i pod, and the storage is 80GB. Which one is it ? could it be video ?

• Just checked the apple website and it appears it is just called i pod !
  • Hi Hoover sorry for my late reply, yours is an iPod Video! The dimensions of it are identical to the iPod Video 60GB so any cases and skins for 60GB iPod Video will fit your iPod. If you click the symbol that says iPod Video on the front you will find cases that are specifically for your model. Any questions just drop us an email or ring.
  • MP3 Additions are the first UK stockist to get hold of iSkin's new Silicone Skin for the 2G iPod Nano. If you have the new Nano these are very nice indeed and are cheaper than all competitors, enjoy!

iSkin Pack for 2G iPod Nano
  • Grab your Christmas Presents for iPod owning friends and family at www.mp3additions.co.uk some great new products are in store just check the new arrivals section. Also remember your Runner's World Discount Code RW1 at the checkout!
  • Don't think we mentioned yet that we have DLO Action Jackets in stock now for the iPod Nano and iPod Video, this is one fo the nicest cases yet and is sweat proof and has an armband abosolute perfection for runners.