'Mature' runners.

1571457155716571757185720»

Comments

• WtnMelWtnMel ✭✭✭
    (I've posted a similar message to this in the 'New Mature Runners' thread while we all migrate here)

I popped onto RW forums late yesterday evening and saw comments on the old thread about no indication of how to access the new forums (which were active without us knowing). Today I see they've closed off the old forum and are now directing everyone here. Why they didn't have a notice on the old forum with details of the new forum is beyond me - just plain stupid <rant over>

Anyway, now I'm here I see Hillstrider has managed to get this copy of the old thread re-instated so we have at least some of the history of our chats.

I presume we'll all be migrating to the 'Mature Runners' thread rather than the (temporary) 'New Mature Runners' thread? 
  • WtnMelWtnMel ✭✭✭
    A builder we've used in the past was back doing some work for us last week. We have had the downstairs toilet modernised (new worktop-style arrangement with toilet and basin built-in and tiling all round) and while he was here we got him to fit a new kitchen tap and a few other small jobs I've either not got round to doing or don't feel capable of managing successfully (I know my limitations). Consequently I spent most of last week 'babysitting' and making tea and didn't manage to run at all. 

We went out to Colesbourne on Saturday to view the snowdrops so I was finally able to run yesterday (just 5 miles around town). No workmen this week so I'm hoping to run again tomorrow and then possibly with the running club daytime group on Thursday. In other news .. my friend Alan persuaded me to play 18 holes of golf on Friday as we were able to tee-off after 12pm for the bargain price of £8. I surprised him (and myself!) by playing much better than usual and was even out-driving him on some holes. Instead of him beating me we finished all square (I could have won but my putting let me down).