Treadmill not fast enough!

2»

Comments

• I tried out a treadmill in a gym - in Baku(Azerbaijan) - a few weeks ago. I took it up to 26kph - very briefly I should say. I then stood on the side and tested its top speed - an awesome 42kph. I guess this can't be far off a 100m sprinter's speed.

All a bit of fun, but I'm quite a bit faster outside on my tempo runs and this has now been a comparison of several different treadmills, so I think it is more than physcological (sp.?) or machine issues.
  • All treadmills run downhill ??

So I've put a spirit level on mine and it'd dead flat!!
    Accepted that some compensation has to be made for no wind etc and so an elevation of between 1 & 1.5% seems the norm. I have 2 treadmills and 3% on one is nothing like 3% on the other so use your own jugdement as to what you think 'feels' like running outdoors.
  • I'm wondering if it is the spongyness of the treadmill. A hard surface should be faster than an adsorbent surface?
  • McTizzzle; You don't put treadmill running on your profile.:-)

(You're shorter distance times are impressive. I wonder why they fall off, comparatively, as the distance increases. 79 mins is 'mediocre' if you manage just over 16min for 5k)