Over 60s training.

Comments

• cealceal ✭✭✭
    Good morning Gemini, glad the legs are ok.

Good morning everybody else, I still woke at the usual time, I tried so hard to go back to sleep, nope, couldn't. It is not that I don't need the sleep. Oh well get on with jobs, better than pondering over them!!!!!
  • Morning peeps. Luvverly day. Will garden before it changes it's mind.

Pam the Twin.
    I don't know whether you've noticed but you are obviously getting fit. You are right not to overdo it though otherwise you'll get crocked and end up chewing the door post like me.

Morning Ceal. Ponder well.
    JJ
  • cealceal ✭✭✭
    'Morning JJ and all the rest of u peeps.

I keep forgetting to ask if you have all looked at Mars? The last two evenings we have had a wonderful viewing of it. It is so bright and seems so near!!!!!!

JJ The gardening should keep you from champing at the bit, today at least.

Spud what time are you doing your long run? I am off in the next hour or so, DETERMINED to keep it very easy. It always seems to get harder when I slows it down, I know that that cannot be true, so it must be a state of mind!
  • Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    Don't fancy chewing the doorpost - all those splinters yuk! don't they get in between your teeth :0)
  • Hi lovely ones!

Long run today. Will try 24k. Going out any minute.

Have you seen Jane Tomlinson on Sunrise? They are following her during the 1/2 ironman.

Ceal, I have seen a bright star but have no idea if it is Mars.

JJ, have a good time gardening.

Hi Gemini and Maggie!
  • Late checking in again!

Sue that sounds a great run.

Ceal I haven't checked out Mars yet, keep forgetting.

Not stiff Pam thats wonderful.

Jj glad the knee is feeling better please don't chew the door frame I suspect that mey happen in this house only too soon.

Flotation wsa very relaxing although I suspect it will be even better the second time when you know what to expect. we had a lovely meal and then saw Pirates of the Carribean with the rather gorgeous Johnny

Depp and the equally lovely Oralndo Bloom!
    sweet dreams guaranteed!!

Cass was a good girl last night but does not seem to realise that puppies need a lot of sleep! I'm not sure that I will be able to keep up!

No run today but the neck feels fine so will give it a go tomorrow. Problem is not sure when we can fit in a long run as thought that would happen at the weekend!

Must get on with some work while peace reigns!
  • cealceal ✭✭✭
    Just back from long run. took it really gently as I ran 13+ miles on Monday pm, I ran 14 miles and took 2:17, so quite slow, I could not have gone any faster, legs felt quite tired. But I made myself run hard up the undulations as there are a couple or so in the race. I am now going to reward myself by taking 2 days rest to recover as I am now into my taper!

Maggie you sound like you had an excellent day yesterday. Give Cass some sloppy kises from me!
  • Hippo back from wales
    hasnt run either
    Too many peeps about right now as well
    Sue , ceal and gemini, great efforts!
  • cealceal ✭✭✭
    I hope you had a good w/e Hippo. You will be all the fresher for not running for a couple of days.
  • cealceal ✭✭✭
    Spud, were you cold after your run? I was, I must say I was happy to get into a hot bath to warm up. A sign of things to come.

I have just watched to womens marathon, and am quite exhausted from the experience. I thought Paris looks pretty place to run a marathon.

Did anyone see the interview with Ed Moses? He is in training again to see if he can reach the olympic target set for the 400m hurdles, aged 48. I think it was 51.5 or something like that. He used to do 47 sec.

Going to collapse now and enjoy the rest of the athletics.
  • Hi Benzy. welcome back

Hayley Tullet for Queen. Did a a PB too. The only British athlete to do a PB at the World Champs. Says it all really.

Spud. How did the run go? Are you OK?
    JJ
  • Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    Well you can't ask more than a PB

so can they really pull around in one year
  • Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    Ceal saw Ed Moses interview can't really understand it.
  • cealceal ✭✭✭
    Gemini, I think he is trying to show people that they can achieve more than they think they can if they go out there and train for it. I believe he works with kids a lot and if he can achieve what he is setting out to do it will impress them, especially at the age of 48yrs. I don't think that he has any intention of entering the olympics even if he manages to qualify. But it will be interesting to see what happens, if we ever get to hear!
  • cealceal ✭✭✭
    JJ, what a pity we were both injuired along with many other elite atheletes, 'cause we would have shown them the way!!!!!!!! What-------------.
  • Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    OOOOOH its suddenly gone all dark
  • Hi Peeps,

My run went OK. But I overdid it as I decided to see if I could run a 1/2M at 1/2M pace. Sooo... I am exhausted. I did it in 1h 55min 04 sec. ( I am sure the measurement is not accurate though).

Ceal, I felt cold before, during and after my run. I am still feeling cold now so the heater is already on here.

I saw Edwin Moses. I think he is great.

Maggie, when you said about the gorgeous Johnny I was sure you were talking about our JJ.

• Not sure I merit that one Spud.
    I think you need to lower the tempo of your training just a little young lady. How did you calculate 'alf marathon pace'?
    JJ
  • Hi everyone,

I got back yesterday but haven't had a minute to myself since.

What's happened?

I managed to run 4 times up (never down) the Cornish hills and did 7.5 miles this morning much faster than I meant to. I must be getting fitter.

I may read back a page or 2 in the morning, but now I must go to bed.

Good night.

Bullfinch
  • Bulfinch!

benz rushes out well, wobbles out

see you tomorrow am
  • Morning all

Better late than never. 5 miles and see how it goes this morning.

See you later.

Bullfinch
  • Im late
    wil not be HTT
    but will be out tonight
  • cealceal ✭✭✭
    Goodmorning Peeps, in particular hi Bullfinch, how good to have you back. Did you have a good hols? Pleased to hear that you were able to run a few times, even if it was mostly uphill. Uphill is very good for you!!!! When one gets back from hols, I always think there is so much to catch up on that, the holiday gets forgotten very quickly. I expect you will have read by now that Johnny has a crock knee at present, He goes to the sports physio again today, (I think), and hopefully another treatment or two will put it right. He had to forfeit his place in the team in Paris and was therefore very upset. They certainly could have done with his entry!!!!!!!!
  • cealceal ✭✭✭
    Hi Benz, I shall check up on u that u do your run tonite!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Morning all.

Hello Benzy.I shall be watching too. I've got the binocs out ready.

Ceal.
    I think I would have had to limit myself to no more than 3 track events and 3 field events. I'm only human after all.
    We could have shared the rest around the other thread members. We wouldn't have done much worse.
    JJ
  • cealceal ✭✭✭
    As long as I didn't have to hurdle we'd be fine!

Lets hope that they are building up to the olympics and that they got their tapering wrong! Because as you say, very disappointing. However, I am always pleased to hear of countries winning a gold that have never won one before, like the lady from India.
  • cealceal ✭✭✭
    woops, no Bullfinch qualified for the Grand National, you stand corrected there.