Options

Over 60s training.

Comments

• Options
    EmptyEmpty ✭✭✭

Evening all

Good luck to all our racers tomorrow, Ceal, Diana and Impey.

Mike T

• Options
    EmptyEmpty ✭✭✭

Well done Tracey that was agood performance.

Pammie brilliant PB's, it's nice when they come and you aren't expecting it isn't it.

I'm hoping they might have a Fetch mile down here, there was one scheduled for early March but it was postponed.

Mike T  

• Options
    cealceal ✭✭✭
    Empty

good luck to you too.

&

Diana
  • Options

JJ,

I'm running the Dorney Lake 10K on Easter Sunday

• Options
    Tracey GTracey G ✭✭✭
    Pammie - I was a bit loud today.
  • Options
    Tracey GTracey G ✭✭✭
    I did it more for the experience today. I must of sound really silly when I said how bouncy the track felt.
  • Options
    cealceal ✭✭✭
    Tracey
    you most certainly don't sound silly in saying the track felt bouncy. That is often how I feel about it. So if you sound silly, then so do I. image
  • Options
    fabulous pb's pammie  imageimageimage
  • Options
    Tracey GTracey G ✭✭✭

Pammie could not have given any more in her mile race. She looked spaced out when she finished. Not seen Pammie like that before.

• Options
    Tracey GTracey G ✭✭✭
    JJ - are you racing tomorrow? Is Mrs JJ get excited about her holiday ?
  • Options

Hiya folks,

Praises due for Pammie and Tracey with respective mile and 400m times. Great stuff. Very well done Pammie on achieving your 1 mile pb and indeed the 400m (being as you said first attempt).
    Tracey, possibly a longer warmup would have created pb tooimage

MickC,

Don't know about the Leader sounding like a cat in a tin but yes, they were 250cc twin machines.

JJ,

Unlike you I don't really like these lap repeats in races but I shall have to live with thatimage

My Ariel Leader was two tone blue,  never saw a pink one image

Maggie,

Ariel washing powder?  More nostalgia stirred up there, others if you recall were Tide, Oxydol, Rinso,Dreft und zo weiter !

Ceal,
    Wishing you a good one tomorrow,  oh thats today, must put my watch forward too.

Empty etc.,
    thanks for race wishes.  I must snatch some sleep now.
    Sorry if I have missed commenting on other posts, not missed intentionally.

Very G'night all............

• Options
    Tracey GTracey G ✭✭✭
    Impey - It was my first ever mile race. Didn't want to make my pb to hard for next time, only kidding.
  • Options
    EmptyEmpty ✭✭✭

Morning all

Still day down here so hopefully the same for all racers today.

It's turned into another no race day for me image, so be it.

I'll try and get out later.

Mike T

• Options
    Tracey GTracey G ✭✭✭
    (((Empty))) - sorry about your race. How is Liz?
  • Options
    EmptyEmpty ✭✭✭

Tracey, thanks for the hug image. I think I might have to concentrate on mid-week races for a while, by the time Sunday comes I don't seem to have any get up and go left.

Liz is OK thanks. We took her Friday carer out to lunch on Friday to celebrate her grandson's arrival and then Liz was at the theatre yesterday afternoon throughly enjoying both outings. She's still having swollen feet problems but hopefully we've seen the worst of that.

Lovely morning, jus been dow to Asda's and the sun is quite warm.

Mike T

• Options
    cealceal ✭✭✭
    Empty
    I am sorry to hear about the no get up and go. x
  • Options
    Tracey GTracey G ✭✭✭
    Empty - I have been to Asda this morning too. Sound like Liz had a lovely day.
  • Options
    cealceal ✭✭✭

I am back from Brooklands 10k. It is always good to be in a classy place with lovely toilets!!

Conditions near perfect, very still as Empty said above, but filppin cold at 9.15 am.   

Course slightly different to last year, not as many twists, but still a prominent feature of the race. There were many tight bends, very tight, when running around them I felt I was running with my body leaning to one side. There were a couple of longer stretches but at the end of these one had to turn around on oneself to come back along the same strip of road.

There was a couple of stretches where one was running on dilapidated concrete with pot holes and random loose stones . The finishing straight was on such a surface, not conducive to a sprint finish.

I started on the front row, or nearly the front row. Set off far too fast, Garmin tells me that I was sub 6 min miliing for a while. But I did slow down to recover. I am not sure if I believe my Garmin or not, it says that I reached HR 174 in the 2nd K. I am sure I didn't, but who knows, but it does show 174 on the graph. Also in the 2nd mile it states that I reached HR 163, but I can find nothing higher than HR152.

My finishing time was 45.50 mins, 6.34 miles, av HR 152, who knows what the MHR was!

Everybody's Garmin measured long, the 1st lady (my masseur) measured 6.4 miles on her Garmin.

The next thing I am going to say, seems to happen to me more than most. My time so far has not been recorded. There are others too, so I am not the only one. I am told it will be found, there is a blip in the software. I shall be more than ANGY if my time is lost. More than ANGRY. Not that it will achieve anything.

Anyway, my splits are as follows:-

7.18 mins, av HR154, MHR 174
    7.08 mins, av HR 150,. MHR 163
    7.20 mins, av HR 150, MHR 152---not sure why I slowed down here, twists and turns I expect.
    7.14 mins, av HR 151, MHR 153
    7.12 mins, av HR153, MHR 156
    7.12 mins, av HR 153, MHR 156
    .34 mile, 7.03 min milling, av HR 154, MHR 155.

45.50 mins is a pb by 29 secs. But of course my time has to be confirmed. Age-grading is 97.75% 

I gave it all I had and more besides. I was slightly disappointed, but shouldn't be, I thought I could go just a little bit faster.

Oh yes, nearly forgot to say, MikeG came and asked me what my time on my Garmin said, and I was placed 7th Lady over all. A nice running top but faaaaaar to large, to large for Stewart too!  

• Options

good morning - just delayed by longish run

Empty
    sorry to hear you have lost the get up and go - if you find somewhere where it can be had reasonably cheaply let me knowimage!!

Pammie
    hey - brilliant day yesterday despite condtions well done on PBS!!
    Surprised it ws not pizza on the way home instead of Alf Tupper's favourite training foodimage!

Tracey
    well done to you as well - good time for your first effrot at track racing - treasure it!!

Ceal
    yes - very disappointing - only 97.75% age grading - how could youimage!!!!!!!!
    AND a pb by 29 seconds on a track with lots of tight turns and uneven surface - doubly disappointing for youimage!!!

Superb effort and good reward for your concentrated training recently. I suspect your body did not want to go racing at that time either and that may have jolted your HR up a bit at the beginning

Outstanding effort - absolutely nothing to feel disappointed about in any way - that 2.5% will be yours later in the year

• Options
    Graham LGraham L ✭✭✭

I'm just going out so no time to respond to anything else, but I just had to say "Well done!" to ceal. Hugely impressive running.

Back later hopefully.

• Options

Beautiful day here though cold enough overnight to freeze the water in the ponds much to the surprise of the frogs who have congretated en masse this year to fill the water with spawn.

Legs felt very stiff and tired so eased into the big moorland run very carefully. The gentle spring zephyr that diffused the heat of the sun early on became a rather stiffer breeze head on over the tops with a sharp keening edge that the sun fought to reduce and lost!!

15.05 miles done in 2:13:52 (8:54m/m) and avHR135 (69%WHR) and max of 153 on a hill at mile 14 that makes Hipps Hill look like a pimple !!!

01m 9:41 hr124
    02m 9:19 hr131
    03m 9:27 hr131
    04m 9:48 hr138
    05m 9:25 hr141
    06m 8:45 hr137 nearly the end of the first set of hills
    07m 8:43 hr133
    08m 8:21 hr131 bit of downhill!!
    09m 9:03 hr142 not for long
    10m 8:23 hr136 ridge top running flat
    11m 8:17 hr135
    12m 8:05 hr134
    13m 8:06 hr134
    14m 9:16 hr 139 that big hill!!!
    15m 8:39 hr140 still recovering!!

Great day to be out - superb weather for running, even had to wear shades the sun was so bright

• Options

Ceal

I have run out of superlatives trying to do your running and racing justice.

CLASS!    image

xxxxxxxxx

• Options
    Mick6Mick6 ✭✭✭

New Chart for our heros

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb16/MickC_bucket/tp-78.gif

• Options
    Mick6Mick6 ✭✭✭

ceal has become the first to hit one of her targets for the year, very well done .

Pammie and Tracey,
    You two are making me feel totally inadequate, again very well done.

TS,
    Nice 15 miler for you, how is your weeks mileage looking?

A wonderful LSR for me yesterday, the weather was fantastic, 8 to 10c no wind and glorious sunshine. We ran along a 7k stretch of canal, very scenic with lots of beautiful lady runners out enjoying the sun and then turned on to one of the rivers, again truly beautiful. We ran along the river for the rest of the run of 21.1k.  Wearing shorts and a tshirt we had about 3k of packed snow to run on so that was a fun contrast. Averaged an 8:40 pace but threw in a half mara race pace k at the 19k mark just to see how it felt. It felt great. Overall avg WHR was 69% .

Thats the week for me. A good week with 53 miles done and 2 good speed sessions but not in TS's league but I am happy.

Mick

• Options
    Torque Steer wrote (see)

Ceal
    yes - very disappointing - only 97.75% age grading - how could youimage!!!!!!!!
    AND a pb by 29 seconds on a track with lots of tight turns and uneven surface - doubly disappointing for youimage!!!

I echo TS's thoughts on your race ceal!  Fabulous stuff a huge well done to you xx 

Mike I am sorry you did not feel up to a race today, I hope you enjoy your run later to make up for it, take care.  I am so pleased that Liz enjoyed her days out.

A good week indeed Mick and a very picturesque run yesterday.

Started off as a sunny day with little wind but the sun has now disappeared, it was quite cool.  I managed another walk/run without Cass today image

• Options
    Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭

Afternoon

Thanks everyone for your comments on yesterdays races Well happy. Watching the boat race the commentator has just mentioned that Roger Bannister said. Most people don't know what they are capable of

Empty - sorry to hear of your No race day

Ceal - Well done to you hope they can sort your time out. A crackin' new pb and 7th place You really are someone special

• Options
    Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭

I went to Canvey Island today for a 5 mile race yes my 4th race in 3 days hoping to run in a similar time as last years pb (at Basildon) although realistically this would be hard after the last 2 days. But gave it a go anyway

I decided to run up from the station use that as my warm up, just over 3 miles. A very popular race. Tracey saw your club mate at the start who seemed in fine fettle, and Ceal Pam was there i was surprised to see her and i tried to stay with her but i only last 2 miles wheels came off and i slowed, i was wishing the end of the race and we hadn't reached mile 4 yet. The weather was as good as it could be, only a slight breeze but felt over dressed in long sleeve top and leggings. First half mile was fairly congested A club mate who i passed earlier  passed me as did a few others who i had passed earlier and really thought i had used all my resources. But i thought back to yesterday you think you can't give any more but there is always something. Managed to find something must of sprinted ahead and hit my MHR somewhere in the final stages. Finished in 42;02 which i've got to  pleased with pleased to actually finish

1m - 8:15(8:15/m) - 157bpm avge  - 169bpm max - 106cal
    2)  - 1m - 8:02(8:02/m) - 168bpm avge  - 173bpm max - 109cal
    3)  - 1m - 8:38(8:38/m) - 169bpm avge  - 174bpm max - 108cal
    4)  - 1m - 8:31(8:31/m) - 168bpm avge  - 172bpm max - 107cal
    5)  - 1m - 8:20(8:20/m) - 170bpm avge  - 178bpm max - 108cal
    6)  - 0.04m - 16(6:49/m) - 175bpm avge  - 177bpm max - 4cal

Heart Rate Zone Summary
    ====
    HR Zone: 50-140bpm (Sub 70%): 3.1%
    HR Zone: 140-146bpm (71-75%): 0.2%
    HR Zone: 146-152bpm (76-80%): 0.4%
    HR Zone: 152-159bpm (81-85%): 1.7%
    HR Zone: 159-165bpm (86-90%): 16.7%
    HR Zone: 165-172bpm (91-95%): 71%
    HR Zone: 172-178bpm (96-100%): 7%

Pace Zone Summary
    ====
    Pace Zone: 6:40-6:59/mile: 1.7%
    Pace Zone: 7:00-7:19/mile: 2.2%
    Pace Zone: 7:20-7:39/mile: 2%
    Pace Zone: 7:40-7:59/mile: 16.4%
    Pace Zone: 8:00-8:19/mile: 25.5%
    Pace Zone: 8:20-8:39/mile: 21.4%
    Pace Zone: 8:40-8:59/mile: 15.1%
    Pace Zone: 9:00-9:19/mile: 8.4%
    Pace Zone: 9:20-9:39/mile: 3.2%
    Pace Zone: 9:40-9:59/mile: 1.5%

Saw Pam afterwards think she was pleased it was better than Friday

• Options

A whole week since I had time to read & post!

MickC - loved the photos, and fabulous 10k training run.

Impey, some good miles from you too.

K2 - very satisfactory business trip with yummy mel and shopping!

TS - CAMRA pub of the year sounds great too. Had to laugh at the trick your fellow runners played on you. Belated Happy Birthday, an Aries, like my OH who's birthday was on Friday.

Empty - sorry that you didn't make it today. I struggled a bit - maybe down to the early start, but that's probably just making excuses! Glad Liz enjoyed the theatre.

Graham - hope you wife enjoys her retirement as much as you are doing, and healing vibes to Katy.

Pammie - great performances from you, especially that stonking mile!!

sharkie, you're getting leaner & meaner. Wish I was, but I do give in to cravings for cheese and wine, which won't help!

aws, great 18 miles from you.

Tracey, well done on your mile debut. Cake afterwards is good news!

ceal, you obviously weren't affected by the early start. A huge well done to you.

• Options
    Official results are up, and I have a mediocre 57:46 finish time. Garmin had it 4 seconds faster, and a bitover the 6.2, maybe due to some weaving around where it was congested.
    Eastleigh 10k. Great conditions, but stitch from 2k in.
    Split Summary
    ====
    1)  - 0.62m - 5:29(8:51/m) - 150bpm avge  - 156bpm max
    2)  - 0.62m - 5:40(9:09/m) - 153bpm avge  - 156bpm max
    3)  - 0.62m - 5:44(9:15/m) - 152bpm avge  - 157bpm max
    4)  - 0.62m - 6:07(9:52/m) - 155bpm avge  - 158bpm max - uphill
    5)  - 0.62m - 5:41(9:10/m) - 151bpm avge  - 154bpm max
    6)  - 0.62m - 5:38(9:05/m) - 154bpm avge  - 156bpm max
    7)  - 0.62m - 5:52(9:27/m) - 156bpm avge  - 158bpm max
    8)  - 0.62m - 5:51(9:27/m) - 156bpm avge  - 159bpm max
    9)  - 0.62m - 5:48(9:22/m) - 158bpm avge  - 160bpm max
    10)  - 0.62m - 5:37(9:03/m) - 159bpm avge  - 162bpm max
    11)  - 0.03m - 15(8:15/m) - 161bpm avge  - 161bpm max
    At least I managed to pick up the pace a bit after a rather weary kilometre 7 & 8, not helped by the stitch, which I couldn't get rid of.