Kent Coastal Half-Marathon

Comments

• Lead Bike - Dave Bennett 1h10m
    #76 Andy Stevens 1h35-1h40 (if the knee holds out)
    * 77 Beardo1972 1hr 59mins 59 secs
    # 290 - SilkTork & jelly babies 2h 15m
    # 30 - Tracey G - 2hrs 20mins
    Cinders - marshalling Palm bay area
    Corridore - marshalling Palm Bay area ... and somewhere else afterwards.
    # 122 - Pit Stop Crew (not sure on time - 2 hrs 15 mins??) half mara virgin!!
    #76 Andy Stevens (3 hours + if the knee doesn't hold out and I have to walk back from Ramsgate)
  • Hi Guys just got Back from Turkey 40 degrees of heat so Thanet Feels soo cold. As ive entered the full and i am post holiday fit ! i recon to get through the 1st half around the 2 hour mark so if anyone wants some company ill be happy to tag along.

Oh and my race number 118 !!
  • SilkTorkSilkTork ✭✭✭
    Jelly babies at Palm Bay! Nice!

And cream cakes?

And a tot of rum?

• yummy I now have 800 flapjacks stored in my dinning room awaiting the lucky finishers. I hope the kids remember to keep the dog locked out!
  • Mark - crickey, don't post that .... we'll have all of the Beach Head Mara runners flocking to the finish line stealing our cakes. You know what they are like for a bit of cake and a slurp of warm wine!!

Lead Bike - Dave Bennett 1h10m
    # 118 Mark Foster7 - 2 hours to the half mark (and on for the full mara)!
    # 122 - Pit Stop Crew (not sure on time - 2 hrs 15 mins??) half mara virgin!!
    #76 Andy Stevens (3 hours + if the knee doesn't hold out and I have to walk back from Ramsgate)
  • Is the entry for the half definitely full?

Any chance of entry on the day?
  • MVB Sorry but we are full our numbers are limited by Thanet Council and the Police as some of the course runs on open roads. You could try emailing Cinders as she has entered but now cant run but please refer to Dave's earlier post regarding swapping numbers. Good luck
  • CindersCinders ✭✭✭
    MVB, if you email me I can swap my number to you and let the organisers know in writing as the post above if you want a place for the half.
  • CindersCinders ✭✭✭
    Ta, Mark, should have read your post first!
  • boing

where have all you all gone its only a week away or are you all so confident that there is nothing to worry about
  • some of us are still here Mark ... (and not that confident)!!

the list so far...

Lead Bike - Dave Bennett 1h10m
    # 118 Mark Foster7 - 2 hours to the half mark (and on for the full mara)!
    # 122 - Pit Stop Crew (not sure on time - 2 hrs 15 mins, maybe plus a bit/lot??) half mara virgin!!

MVB - what time do you predict (can you transfer Cinders's number)??

Taper fever setting in ... recovering/resting a niggling ITBS strain so no running till next weekend. Might try a bike ride later to see whether that feels OK. Its a first for me (the race) so will be starting near the back and seeing whether I can settle into a resonable pace without busting my b*l*s. Would rather like to enjoy it - here's praying it isn't too hot (like last year)!
  • pit stop im sure you will be fine we all suffer from taper niggles i only wish i had enough mileage in to allow a taper. gonna cram some last minute mileage in this weekend I know its not the ideal preparation but having just got back from 2 weeks holiday i need the confidence of miles in the legs
  • I know what you mean - our hols was weeks ago and have now run the excess food/wine/sun cream out of my legs.. Just got to sit tight now! Mine won't be a fast one - and as I'm assured a PB I'll be happy to enjoy it!
  • Tracey GTracey G ✭✭✭
    Morning all.

Hope the dogs have not eaten our flapjacks. Don't think some how we are going to get 28c this year for the race.

Mark

How is your tapering going.
  • I'm picking up the gels today. I hope the car suspension doesn't break!!!!

Looks like warm but wet at the weekend...

• think i had better change my predicted time tried (in vain) to run off the holiday excesses this weekend managed about 24 miles spread over saturday and sunday and a long walk 7.5 miles sunday afternoon but I am definitely NOT fit so make my time nearer 2.15 then pray I can hang on !
  • Tracey so far the dog has been kept away from the flapjacks not so sure about the kids though lol!
  • Tracey GTracey G ✭✭✭
    Mark

I would not blame the kids, because they are delicious.
  • CindersCinders ✭✭✭
    Mmmmm, yum, any left for the marshalls :-)
  • Just a note to say that if you are bringing 7-16 year olds along, that the organisers of the Junior races have said that they will be taking entries on the day up to 9:30 am. The races start at 9:45 and there is a 1.5km for the younger runners and 3km for the older runners. Cost is £1, which all goes to charity and the runners also get a Meal Voucher for McDonalds.
  • Decided to make a weekend of it and come down on Friday. Anyone able to recommend a nice Italian Restaurant for Friday and Saturday night pre race pasta ? We're staying in the Lonsdale Court in Margate, so somewhere within walking distance of there would be ideal.
  • CindersCinders ✭✭✭
    Liam

Not sure of the opening hours but Soprano's is right by the start along the esplenade, only other I can think of is Pizzeria Trattoria (who I guess would also do pasta) down in Margate but that's a bit further.
  • Soprano's is not bad.
    Giorgio's in Margate centre is ok too.

For Soprano's, go down Norfolk Road from Lonsdale Court Hotel; turn left at the bottom and walk about 100 yards; cross the road and it is on your right, on the corner.

Buon appetito!
  • Many thanks. I'll check 'em out. I'm looking forward to the race very much, a bit off my usual patch, and all the better for it too.
  • Cinders yes there should be some flapjacks for marshals get in quick though coz everyone wants one :-)
  • I don't - I hate flapjack - stick a bar of choccie in mine instead will you?!
  • Weather reports:

BBC (optimistic):
    Sun and Cloud, 22 degrees C, strongish southwesterly wind

Met Office (pesssemistic):
    Cloud and showers, 21 degrees C, Strongish Southwesterly wind.

So, looks like quite warm, not blazing sun, but still wear sun cream and try to run in bunches to keep out the wind some of the time.

Not too bad I suppose!
  • Tracey GTracey G ✭✭✭
    Morning all.

Poddler

I don't normally eat flatjack but these ones are lovely.

David

I hope it is sunny and dry, as we are taking our caravan to Hythe for a long weekend starting from Friday. Looking forward to the race, sad I know.
  • Have to admit i am getting really nervous about sunday, with it being my first half marathon , had a bit of knee trouble so im worrying a bit, still, looking forward to it anyway
  • Tracey G - you have mail!