Kent Coastal Half-Marathon

Comments

• Mr P... don't worry - you and I are in the same boat!! First half and knee trouble. I'm resting mine at the moment and hoping that it will see me round the course! I'm sure it will - the lure of flapjacks will be too great!!!

See you at the start.
  • Tracey GTracey G ✭✭✭
    PSC

I will check my email when Bernard's download is finished. Don't worry about Master PSC it is still ok.
  • Tracey GTracey G ✭✭✭
    PSC

Just send you an email through RW.
  • Tracey GTracey G ✭✭✭
    PSC

I have not got an email from you. Did you get my email? I am logged on my daughters pc, but will log off in a minute.
  • SilkTorkSilkTork ✭✭✭
    It's this weekend?

Wow. I haven't been paying attention - too busy dealing with a move at work.

Tour of Britain in Rochester on the Saturday morning. Then up to London for a day of solid drinking. A drinking buddy is going home to Australia. A bunch of us have arranged a good send off.

I ran the Dartford half after a solid day of drinking on the Saturday. The run cleared my head nicely, and I did a PB.

The flapjacks sound good.
  • Tracey - mails received. Many thanks. See you on Sunday!
  • any more takers....

Lead Bike - Dave Bennett 1h10m
    #76 Andy Stevens 1h35-1h40 (if the knee holds out)
    * 77 Beardo1972 1hr 59mins 59 secs
    # 118 Mark Foster7 - 2 hours to the half mark (and on for the full mara)!
    # 290 - SilkTork & jelly babies 2h 15m
    # 30 - Tracey G - 2hrs 20mins
    Cinders - marshalling Palm bay area
    Corridore - marshalling Palm Bay area ... and somewhere else afterwards.
    # 122 - Pit Stop Crew (not sure on time - 2 hrs 15 mins, maybe plus a bit/lot??) half mara virgin!!
    #76 Andy Stevens (3 hours + if the knee doesn't hold out and I have to walk back from Ramsgate)
    MVB ???

• Morning - I trust its quiet because everyone is resting not running!

# 122 - Pit Stop Crew (not sure on time - 2 hrs 15 mins, maybe plus a bit/lot??) half mara virgin!!
    #76 Andy Stevens (3 hours + if the knee doesn't hold out and I have to walk back from Ramsgate)
    MVB ???
    # 137 Bobo - "PSC personal trainer" the more boring my conversation the faster he will run!!

Fingers crossed for favourable weather this year.
  • Just added my details to the list, I am doing the full marathon so I may se some of you for the first part.

MVB ???
    # 137 Bobo - "PSC personal trainer" the more boring my conversation the faster he will run!!
    # 146 - AATTB - 2h 15m (plus the second half)
  • thought id add myself and say hi ,
    MVB ???
    # 312 mr pharmacist, not sure on time as its my first half
    (maybe 2h20-2h30?)
  • Good luck all tomorrow, looking a bit cooler than last year!

AATTB, did you do Dublin mara last year, part of Mr Happy's crowd?

Cinders - marshalling at end of Knockholt Road
    MVB ???
    # 312 mr pharmacist, not sure on time as its my first half
    (maybe 2h20-2h30?)
  • Good luck everone see you all in the morning. Its blowing a hoolie here in Ramsgate hope that dies down for us for the morning
  • Good luck to everyone. See you on the course. I will be in a yellow jacket with one arm at 90 degrees...
  • See you in the morning folks.... I will be in a Fetch Everyone short probably!!! (may also wear winter woolies if this wind continues)!!
  • Just got back home from London. Full day's drinking. Bread and cheese for lunch. Feel a bit rough. Chrissie is just doing me some pasta. I'll need to hydrate before going to sleep. Looking forward to tomorrow, but I'll not be pushing for a PB.

Flapjacks. Mmmmm. There's something to push for!
  • Fabulous race - brilliantly organised, even down to the weather. A very good race for a first half....! Huge thanks to organisers and Marshalls who did a brilliant job.

I can't find the link to do an on-line rating... can anyone help?
  • Just got home, hope everyone else had a good race, i really enjoyed it ,so a big thankyou to all the organisers and marshalls, managed to do the half in 2h10, which im really pleased about being that it was my first half marathon.also nice to meet,all be it very briefly, the pit stop crew at the finish,take care
  • You too Mr P... we rushed off to get the kids some lunch!! ARGH... What's next for you... are you going to stick to halfs or move up to the full mara? I've got an entry in for FLM 07 but today made me realise that I've got to get some serious training in to double the distance! As you say tho, I too am really chuffed with today.
  • Well done you all, was really nice to put faces to names too. Bit windy wasn't it???
  • Just back home after a great race. Excellent organisation, marshalling etc. Many thanks to all of you who volunteer for these things and make weekends like the one I've just enjoyed possible. Particular thanks to Cinders and Corridore for suggesting Soprano for the pre race pasta. Went there both nights - nice bloke who runs it, deserves support. I've redefined the word " undulating " as a consequence of this weekend, though!!
  • We shold have set up a commission...

Nice to see you all stream past me. The jelly babies seem to go down well...
  • pit stop crew, next for me is the great north run and i also have a place with my other half in the amsterdam full marathon, both in october, so back out training soon as possible for me, was really pleased my leg held up today, think i owe my physio a pint
  • Great organisation as usual (Would say that though for my home club!!), a bit blowy bit managed to better last year by 5 minutes to 2hr 2 mins so just outside my goal of 1hr 59:59 but I've got to save something for next year.
    Enjoyed marshalling the full marathon too afterwards finally letting the hardcore nutters turn left towards the 26 mile marker. I raise a toast to all the full marathoner runners although I did feel a tad guilty eating my half marathon flapjack in front of them streaming past with still 1/2 km or so to go!!!!!
    No suprises Dave Bennett won the race though!! What a difference a bike makes eh???
  • 'Ow's yer knee, Beardo?
    'Urting?
  • I add my hearty congratulations to all at TRAC who organised the event. No stone left unturned in the attempt to make the event so memorable for all those who took part. Unfortunately I didn't play my part in the proceedings by drinking and eating too much over the past 5 weeks! Never mind, there will be another day for me but a huge thank you to all the Marshalls who gave up their time so willingly today.
  • Provisional Results now on our web site...

Well done all.
    Cheers

djb
    PS:Off to eat now!
  • I'm fine Corridore, it's my mate Andy Stevens3 I presume you refer with his Bionic Knee. I'm sure he'll update us but needless to say even with one good leg he still turned in a 1hr 40 ish so putting me to shame!!! I still believe that by being out on the course longer I'm getting better value for money and that's my excuse!!!!
  • Nasty, nasty hills. Nasty, nasty wind.

Loved every minute of my PB - well done all at Thanet RoadRunners. Minor Gripe? Fill the cups to at least half way!

ETE - hope you did OK - I certainly didn't overtake you!

LoR
  • Just like to add my thanks to TRAC for yet another well organised race.

Last year's excuse was the heat, this year's was the wind! Luckily I still managed a course PB.

• Just realised that Corridore is your alias Lee, May I say thanks for all the hill training on Thursday nights over the last few months!!!!! The Ouches were worth it..
    Mark dragged me through the last 2 miles and ensured I at least beat my Thanet PB if just outside the 2 hours. Next year's
    the goal.
    All the best Darren