Peter Stothard
ElaineF
HeatherF
Loxias
TopSec
Beanz
Nicky Wacky Socks
Roz

If you can post your numbers and preferred needs here!

Hugs and cheers are free

Jelly babies - chocolate - energy gels etc will incur a charge of..............

either a hug and a kiss or a pint at the post race social ;0)))

Comments

• Options
    Hi!

Thanks for setting this thread up (and obviously thanks to everyone in the support groups too!). I need to check my running number to let you know it, but will be running with my twin sister, Elaine, and we will be wearing matching white sleeveless tops with dark coloured cycling shorts (still need to buy!) and muddy white trainers (from my run in the rain on Sunday!). Hopefully we shouldn't be too hard to spot, but then I think we will be running among the 'thick' of the runners!

Managed 21 miles in 3hrs 17 on Sunday and feeling no ill-effects after it, so fingers crossed for good conditions (and a healthy extra 5 miles on the day!) and we should be in around 4.15.

Do you know what side of the road you'll be on so that we can make sure to be in the right place?!

Thanks!
    HeatherF
  • Options
    Ooh shall bookmark this and come back with details required. Did the support team last year with Mr AJH (who will come and join you after he has finished giving out water at mile 3) and had a fab day.
  • Options
    Heather, should be on the left as you approach (assuming it's the same as last year). There should be countdown banners, balloons etc, so hopefully you shouldn't miss us.
  • Options
    hi guys

you've got me, i'm currently suffering with an injury hopefull i will make it on the day, and i do lots of good looking dr's would be very nice to pamper me lol!!!

my number is 8481

i'll be in a black stroke association vest with NICKY written on the front.

really i would love any kind of support as i haven't been able to train for 3 weeks now so it's gonna be a tuff one if i do make it to the line.

Your great
  • Options
    TopSecTopSec ✭✭✭
    Hi, not sure what I would like yet but will let you know nearer the time!

TS
  • Options
    Hi there!

Thanks for your support peeps!

I've recently had surgery on my dodgy knee, so will be a bit slower than anticipated. But I'll get there (and definitely stop).

I'm #35760 and will be wearing a Cats Protection vest (I haven't seen this yet, no idea what colour). I think it will have my real name on the front i.e. Julie. I'll probably be limping and looking pathetic and will need all the shouting and encouragement you can offer!!!
  • Options
    Nicky - keeping everything crossed that you are ok for the day - you will be well rested, and hopefully have built up a good training base before your injury - just ensure you start off nice and gently.
  • Options
    Beanz52Beanz52 ✭✭✭
    Well, we have the best support team so we will all do brilliantly :>)

beanz: race number 24682
    will need a hug and a mini mars bar or two

do not expect to be at mile 17 until about 2:53 after I cross the start line I am afraid - so probably 4 hours

will be wearing a green oxfam vest - assuming they send me one big enough - the one I currently have is made for whippets!
  • Options
    Best of luck to those with injuries, like Diana said, just keep in mind all that good preparation training you will have managed before your injuries.

Take it easy and enjoy it and until the big day, enjoy lots of pampering!
  • Options
    Beanz52Beanz52 ✭✭✭
    sorry, CdK, that is 3:53 - aiming for 13:45 mm - so the 4 hours bit is right
  • Options
    just checking in , race no 6241, will be in blue and yellow of Bitton Road runners, happy to take whatevers on offer.....
    hoping for about 3.30 this year
  • Options
    Ooh, final countdown to my first marathon- really looking forward to your support!! Anyone else who's a 1st timer should take a look at the runner's world popdcasts about running a marathon- at the moment they only have them for NY marathon, but apparently FLM tips are on their way!! Really useful listening as you taper down now!!
    Keep up the good work- both training and supporting- see you at mile 17!! Hope anyone with injuries benefits from the rest and are ready for one last blast on 23rd!!
    Elaine
  • Options
    Hi guys. Checking in. And I can tell you that it will be very emotional seeing you all so can't wait for the 17 mile mark!

Shirt - "Bedders" on the front. If you miss me it says "Go Bedders" on the back!

number 11059

Should be coming past 17 mile mark around 2:30-2:40 excluding time to cross start line (aiming for 4 hour)

If anyone wants to try and work out their splits and doesn't know a website I have a link from my blog at http://www.bedders.blogspot.com - go to "race time predictor"

Thanks again.
  • Options
    Hi - I've just e-mailed all the supporters and runners for whom I have an e-mail address.

So if you haven't received an e-mail from me then I don't have your address.

However, if you've found this thread then you probably don't need the e-mail anyway!!

I'll try to sort out a list of people whose addresses I don't have at the weekend.

I'm away from early Wednesday morning until Friday morning and if you mail me during that time I won't be able to respond. I'll reply as soon as I can at the weekend.
  • Options
    Thanks for the mail Rich - have a good time in York.

I'll try to put this thread into some kind of order later, so all people will have to do is to add their number and support needs.

<<<<If we are to be the bestest team, we must keep this thread up on the front page of the latest posts>>>>
  • Options
    What a stroke of luck! I've only gone and ended up with the best flippin' support group this side of Nagasaki!!!

This year, I will mostly be wearing No. 52734, with a white vest and "John V" emblazoned across the front. n.b. for anyone cheeering, that John "Veeee", not John "the fifth" which everyone very annoyingly chose to call out last year!

Not looking for anything more than an encouraging shout as I pass... aiming for around 3:10 at the finishing line, so that should put me in your vicinity somewhere close to 2 hours in (i.e. 11:45)

Thanks for doing this - looking forward to giving you all a wave on the day.

Support Group 6 - LET'S MAKE SOME NOISE!!!!!
  • Options
    TopSecTopSec ✭✭✭
    {TS comes whispering into the thread}

BOO!!

• Options
    If someone shouts BOO! into a thread and there is no one to hear him - has he really BOOed???
  • Options
    Can we offer you something Topsec? Sweeties? Banana?

Give us your details when you have them.
  • Options
    Well good morning CdK - we seem to scarily attuned. What a team we will make!
  • Options
    Just keeping Group 6 at the top of the thread.

Is there any chance of meeting any of the support group prior to the 17 mile mark on the day as I would love to give you a SIS drink in a sports bottle to hand to me? Or am I being far too ambitious?
  • Options
    TopSecTopSec ✭✭✭
    BOO again,

Diana, I will have a banana (small or half and fairly ripe) and a mini mars bar - or should I have fruit cake??

I know I should have food and will definitely need it but I am so prone to feeling sick when eating and running that I often don't but then run out of energy!

Maybe a double espresso?
  • Options
    Bedders - think you will have enough to do getting to the start, queuing for the loo etc. Not sure if CdK may be in London the night before to receive a sports bottle. Might be best if we just get you a SIS drink in a throw away bottle.

Have added TopSec's banana & mini mars to the list - Beanz wants mini mars too. I could make fruit cake, then eat it myself if TS doesn't fancy it at the time (I'll end up with quite a picnic, as Roz wants a tuna mayo sandwich!)
  • Options
    Bedders - you have a choice here! I am staying in London on the night before - the St Giles. If you wish you could meet me or leave it at reception.

OR we could do as Diana suggests and I make it up fresh in a throw away bottle. I use SIS myself so it would be no bother.

Any particular one (PSP or GO) ?flavour?
  • Options
    Hi Cdk. I am also staying in London the night before - Holiday Inn Mayfair, but I am sure that my running partner is staying in the St Giles! Perfect. Can I provide a throw away bottle, SIS PSP sachet and all I could ask is that you fill it up, shake it and throw it my way?

I love you already!!! (sorry Mr. Cdk)

Nearer the time can we arrange a drop off at the St Giles?

• Options
    TopSecTopSec ✭✭✭
    A tuna mayo sandwich mid run????

That would certainly stop me dead in my tracks!
  • Options
    Oh my, yes, that sounds awful!!
  • Options
    At Beachy Head I found a cup of tea was just what I needed about 16 miles in.

But maybe here I will just have some berry lucozade :-)
  • Options
    Beanz52Beanz52 ✭✭✭
    CdK are you coming to the expo on Saturday?

oh and boing!
  • Options
    cdk - number of our club types are spectating this year - can send them in your direction if you like....