SUPPORT GROUP 2

Comments

• Also been to Expo today - quiet enjoyed it had a pasta meal and enjoyed listening to the penguin talk. going for a last 4 miles tomorrow - did a 6 on Tuesday and it seemed quiet tough
    Cheers all
  • SezzSezz ✭✭✭
    Who'd like to buy me a pair of running socks at the Expo as I can't get there or to any running shop and my socks have now got a hole in. Size 5?

:-D

• Morning Twos :)

I can do that Sezz, and give them to you at the Thistle afterwards.

So if you don't get a better offer let me know what kind of sock you'd like . .

Off out now . . back this evening . . have as restful a day as life allows peeps . .
  • I all of you

thanks for you support...

I will see you at mudchute...

All I need is lots of encouragement, and if you have any left, a couple of jelly babies.

Thanks

SB
  • SezzSezz ✭✭✭
    ooh, thanks Rich. I get on with all types of sock really as long as they are lightweight and ankle high.

SB, plenty of jelly babies to go around.
  • feel much better having read this thread this morning- Went out yesterday- did 3 miles and felt like an enormous great plodding mammoth and not at all like a marathoner- its all a bit bizarre= I thought I would love the taper but find it all a bit disturbing- long runs seem like they happened to someone else- I am getting the feeling that this is all quite normal and draw comfort from that- anybody got any good food ideas- fed up with all pasta.
    Just want Sunday to arrive now- this countdown is torture
  • SezzSezz ✭✭✭
    How about rice, potatoes, quinoa, noodles or couscous?
  • I am getting more nervous all the time - have decided not to run again until Sunday. Going to the expo on saturday - I know it will be busy but am flying in Sat morning so have no choice.

• I shall do a big risotto tonight- thanks
  • Hello everyone!
    Went to expo yesterday so have number and chip and everything.

Met up with my friend HelenW who is going to join the runnersworld people at mile 17 and I think she's more excited than me :-)

Have a great day everybody!
  • Hello

I've been a bit quiet coz I've been working nights, but i've now got 11 blissful nights off :)

I haven't run for 2 weeks, trying to get the injury fixed and tomorrow is decision day :/ I'll go out for an easy 3 and if there's no problems then I'll definitely be at the start line on Sunday.

The thing is, because I haven't been running I've been careful about what I eat, so there might have to be some serious carbo loading to catch up on tomorrow.

If I don't get back here, hope to see you at the expo, and if we don't then good luck for Sunday! :)
  • SezzSezz ✭✭✭
    Trin, do what I do and eat anyway, whether running or not :-)

• Helloooo everyone!

i will try to send a picture of me but to be honest i have just come back from the hairdressers having had my hair dyed bright fuscia pink for Sunday so you will be able to spot me anyway!

went down with a cold last weekend which i have been desperately trying to shake off - very frustrating as i felt physically on top form a week ago - now i seem to be developing all sorts of aches etc and feel very fat and lardy too! i ama 1st timer - please someone tell me this is all normal!!
  • hey pinks...looking forward to meeting you at last on sunday ... missed you at Brighton.
    off to the expo in 10 mins and then a quiet night of karaoke!!! (not me idea) dont expect that I will be doing my usual repertoire as I wone be hammered, and wont stay too long as everyone else will be!
    Am terrified and excited at the same time here....random people from the market keep coming up to me wishing me good luck - no pressure!!!
  • Pinkerbelle...it is absolutely normal, it's all part of the taper. I'd suggest going for a very easy 2 or 3 mile jog tomorrow...it will help you to not feel so lethargic and loosen you up for Sunday.

If you haven't already, get some echinacea. It will help you fight the cold.

Sezz... believe me it's been a struggle... how cruel to have Easter the week before FLM!
  • Hi all,

I got caught by the easter trap!! and im still trying to eat my way out of it.. lol

Big day for you then tommorrow Trinity are you feeling positive about the injury?
  • Hi Fenn... I swing between feeling really positive because my leg has felt so good recently, then I'll get a twinge and swing into negative thoughts.

I'm actually feeling a bit nervous of my little run tomorrow...I guess because so much is riding on it
  • I'm also feeling fat and lazy - right now when I run I feel like a slug in treacle, so it's a good job there's no running tonight or tomorrow for me. Just a very easy 2 miles on Saturday to settle my nerves.

Off to the Expo for lunch time tomorrow - collect number, eat pasta and then SHOP!

I've chewed all my nails off, clearly the carb loading hasn't been enough :-(
  • KatieS same here i feel like I couldn't run to the end of the street!
  • SezzSezz ✭✭✭
    GD, love the photo and the number!
  • what pen numbers are you all starting from? i'm in pen 8 at red start.
  • Pen 3 Blue start for me Pinkerbelle

• don't know which pen I'm in yet . .

okeydokey Sezz . . I'll get you some nice girlie runnin' socks . . size 5 . .

hoping to get an early night for a change so I'll see you tomorrow . .

g'nite Two's ☺
  • Sezz... I'll make sure Rich gets you some nice sox ;)

Nite everyone
  • Hi group 2, Berry here. Just popping in from group 4 to introduce myself.

I have had a RW camera pressed into my sweaty paws for Sunday. Not having RichK's preternatural ability to identify our elite circle of runners from a distance, I would most appreciate people yelling "There's X!" with enough notice for me to get them in focus!

And you supporters don't escape the lens either!
  • Theres Casper! - Oh no, its a massive mammoth that would be running faster than casper

feel like a giant water balloon at the moment - bonkers!

so scared of getting injured as well - gonna wrap myself in cotton wool at jnrs party tomorrow!

• thanks Berry, will look out for you . . good luck and enjoy it :)

erm . . what's this preternatural fingummywotsit then?

sad to report that Trin's leg isn't up to it so we don't think she'll be running . . not sure what her plans will be for the day now . . we're about to set off and will no doubt talk about it on the way from Brizzle . .

will be at Expo this afternoon, and tomorrow we'll be at the Costa Coffee place in the entrance to Excel from about 1pm . .

otherwise I may see you at the blue start . .

thanks again in advance you Supporters . . you're fab :)

and good luck all Runners . . have a great day and may your legs go with you :)

back Monday evening for de-briefing!!

• SezzSezz ✭✭✭
    Trin, fingers crossed, hope you are able to run.