Options

SUPPORT GROUP 7

Comments

• Options
    Bev - as Rio said you really need both... you will be nervous and excited on the day and will therefore burn more calories than you are used to so the high sugar replacment will be useful...

Reading was good thanks, got a 4min pb, so not a bad way to celebrate my birthday!

Rio - I will email you!
  • Options
    Bev - as Rio said you really need both... plus you will be nervous and excited on the day and will therefore burn more calories than you are used to so the high sugar replacment will be useful...

Reading was good thanks, got a 4min pb, so not a bad way to celebrate my birthday!

Rio - I will email you!
  • Options
    Thanks guys for the advice, so SIS and lucozade it is...I'll look forward to my jelly babies at Mile 17 ;-}

Happy birthday Spans

• Options
    Gold RushGold Rush ✭✭✭
    Hi all,

Just caught up with this thread, hoping to pass 17m in about 1:55ish,No=28883,White asics vest with black shorts,Male 5'8''short hair with distinguished grey highlights.....o.k old git
    Just a hugh roar would be great.

Spans-Great time at Reading
  • Options
    Thanks Spans and Pavey I will get something to one of you in the next couple of days.
  • Options
    Cool Rio.

Andrew +B I will be bringing a few bags of jelly babies with me on the day - but if I get peckish ........ !!
  • Options
    Thanks GR, it is slowly sinking in just how well i did!

Update on list!

Gold Rush - hoping to pass 17m in about 1:55ish,No=28883,White asics vest with black shorts,Male 5'8''short hair with distinguished grey highlights.....o.k old git. Just a hugh roar would be great.

Thundercat
    Cas

Liam Kelly 4 (red 51547) would like a big old fashioned "looking good" cheer and a Banana if possible. aiming for around 2hrs 30ish

Fancy - even though my shirt name will not be the forum name, I would love a "GO FANCY" cheer to help me smile/grimace... and maybe some jelly beans/babies... I'm aiming for a 9.30 pace so 2.40-45?

Rio Fair I would love an energy bar please(double vodka and coke and a new pair of legs might be a good idea too!)Should arrive around 2hrs 40 with luck and a tail wind - THANKS

Beverley

mokina - I'd love a banana and a loud cheer up!! I'm planning to finish between 4.30 and 4.45

Norma
    Alan Haley (Barley's mate)
    Dips

Old Timer - 2 and 3/4 hours and would appreciate a few jelly babies and plenty of mwahs, mwahs, or even sloppy wet ones to keep me going. (Just from the girls you understand!)

Run Rabbit Run

BK - wearing a BHF top, with Mike rather than BK. Jelly beans is fine, I'm easy to please (oooerrrr!!)

AnnaSpanna – (17368) wearing a Cancerbackup top. I’d quite like a hug, orange lucozade sport, loads of jelly babies and new legs (not that I’m demanding or anything). Should be there between 3 hrs and 3hrs 10…
  • Options
    Pavey - well, given that I haven't tried jelly babies in my training 9and its a bit late now !) and you're not supposed to do anything new...perhaps you could eat them for me and just tell me how they taste ;-}
  • Options

Evenin’ all . . just to let you know there have been some additions to the Group . . please welcome AnnaSpanna, BK and Nigel Moore (I think some of them may have beaten me to it and already introduced themselves) . .

There’s a full list at www.richk.co.uk/FLM06prep/Mchute06.htm

I’ve done my best to spread the runners in each group out so that they won’t all appear at once.

Unfortunately we’ve now reached a stage where every group has 18 or 19 runners in it, and I don’t think that all the supporters have come out to play.

I know this is putting pressure on some of the supporters, so if you’re not able to get what you want to your supporters please just ask for something simple like jelly babies (for example).

I’m sorry if this doesn’t really apply to this group in particular but I’ve not had the opportunity to catch up with every group’s thread.

Because we now have so many runners compared to the number of supporters I’m going to stop accepting “new” runners after Wednesday evening. Otherwise there’s a danger that our supporters will be overwhelmed and it might discourage others from volunteering next year, which would be a shame.

Sorry if this seems a little harsh, but one of us has to draw a line in the sand somewhere and it may as well be me . .
  • Options
    With this level of organisation and support, I don't think you've got anything to be sorry about Rich - I think you're fantastic !!!

Thanks to all.
  • Options
    mwah to richk x

Update on list!

Gold Rush - hoping to pass 17m in about 1:55ish,No=28883,White asics vest with black shorts,Male 5'8''short hair with distinguished grey highlights.....o.k old git. Just a hugh roar would be great.

Thundercat
    Cas

Liam Kelly 4 (red 51547) would like a big old fashioned "looking good" cheer and a Banana if possible. aiming for around 2hrs 30ish

Fancy - even though my shirt name will not be the forum name, I would love a "GO FANCY" cheer to help me smile/grimace... and maybe some jelly beans/babies... I'm aiming for a 9.30 pace so 2.40-45?

Rio Fair I would love an energy bar please(double vodka and coke and a new pair of legs might be a good idea too!)Should arrive around 2hrs 40 with luck and a tail wind - THANKS

Beverley

mokina - I'd love a banana and a loud cheer up!! I'm planning to finish between 4.30 and 4.45

Norma
    Dips

Old Timer - 2 and 3/4 hours and would appreciate a few jelly babies and plenty of mwahs, mwahs, or even sloppy wet ones to keep me going. (Just from the girls you understand!)

Run Rabbit Run

BK - wearing a BHF top, with Mike rather than BK. Jelly beans is fine, I'm easy to please (oooerrrr!!)

AnnaSpanna – (17368) wearing a Cancerbackup top. I’d quite like a hug, orange lucozade sport, loads of jelly babies and new legs (not that I’m demanding or anything). Should be there between 3 hrs and 3hrs 10…

Nigel Moore

• Options
    Hi all,

just found the thread....will catch up with chat as work seems to be getting in the way of my FLM obsession!

(41121)wearing a navy blue make-a wish top with my name on.Plenty of support and a jelly babe or 2.Hope to be their in 2.15-2.30
  • Options
    My number is something like 11419 but defo Blue start.

Little chance of seeing any of you runners on route, but if you see a British Heart Foundation runner with glasses and very little hair it could be me.

Will be around mile 17 around 2:30 I hope.
  • Options
    Update for Beverley

Thundercat
    Cas

Beverley - Big cheer, a 'GO ON GIRL' and lots of air kisses. No 33870, white ARC vest, just below knee trousers, hair up, 5'2". Unlikely that I will stop as I don't think I would start again, but will look forward to seeing you. Aiming for 10 min pace so 2:50ish with Rio's tail wind ;-}

Norma
    Dips

Run Rabbit Run

Nigel Moore
  • Options
    Update for Beverley

Thundercat
    Cas

Beverley - Big cheer, a 'GO ON GIRL' and lots of air kisses. No 33870, white ARC vest, just below knee trousers, hair up, 5'2". Unlikely that I will stop as I don't think I would start again, but will look forward to seeing you. Aiming for 10 min pace so 2:50ish with Rio's tail wind ;-}

Norma
    Dips

Run Rabbit Run

Nigel Moore-(41121)wearing a navy blue make-a wish top with my name on.Plenty of support and a jelly babe or 2.Hope to be their in 2.15-2.30
  • Options
    Just boinging this to the top again!

• Options
    In my dreams.i should be at mudchute after about 3 hours

Update for Beverley

Thundercat
    Cas

Norma
    Dips

Run Rabbit Run

Nigel Moore-(41121)wearing a navy blue make-a wish top with my name on.Plenty of support and a jelly babe or 2.Hope to be at Mudchute in 3 hours
  • Options

Update for all!!

Thundercat
    Cas

Norma
    Dips

Run Rabbit Run

BK - )number is something like 11419)
    wearing a BHF top, with Mike rather than BK. Jelly beans is fine, I'm easy to please (oooerrrr!!) approx 2.5 hours

Nigel Moore-(41121)wearing a navy blue make-a wish top with my name on.Plenty of support and a jelly babe or 2.Hope to be at Mudchute in 3 hours
  • Options
    Carl I hope you are practising for my hug...and I've decided I'm going to need a motivational talk from you Spans too!
  • Options
    LOL Spanna - i will start preparing, how long a rest do you want?!
  • Options
    By that time? Reckon about quarter of an hour would do it...
    There is a danger of course that I wouldn't be able to start again if I stop for too long.
  • Options
    okay i will keep in brief....

<keep your butt moving... there's nothing to see here!!>
  • Options
    Anna I was hoping to practise at the weekend but didnt get the chance ;o)

I'll press gang someone at the weekend.. if anyone's worried stay away from the Birmingham area!
  • Options

Evenin' all . .

I found a couple more Runners for you this evening . . you were looking lonely!!!

Let's hear it for Wardi and MaryB . .

I know you'll make them feel at home . . unless they're in the Birmingham area in which case they may want to keep a low profile this weekend by the sound of things!!!

Nite all!!
  • Options
    hi all, just had a quick read thruogh the posts and realise I'm seriously outclassed here as I am hoping to finish in about 6 6 and a half hours so anticipate being at mudchute at about 4 and a bit hours - as you can see i'm having difficulty with timing . I just want to finish with a smile. If you're gone home i won't be offended ...but a good cheer and or a banana/lucozade drink would be fantastic if you are there. I'll be wearing a v v bright lime green asthma UK top, prob looking very frazzled . the number is 34090

Marybxxx
  • Options
    Spans my bars are in the post tonight

Thanks both you and Pavey for everything

Looking forward to the hug from BB too
  • Options
    Welcome to the party Wardi and Maryb!!

Thundercat
    Cas

Norma
    Dips

Run Rabbit Run

BK - )number is something like 11419)
    wearing a BHF top, with Mike rather than BK. Jelly beans is fine, I'm easy to please (oooerrrr!!) approx 2.5 hours

Maryb - (34090) anticipate being at mudchute at about 4 and a bit hours - a good cheer and or a banana/lucozade drink would be fantastic if you are there. I'll be wearing a v v bright lime green asthma UK top, prob looking very frazzled .
  • Options
    Rio - I will look out for a dodgy package arriving!!!
  • Options
    WardiWardi ✭✭✭
    Ta for the welcome Spans - BTW I have noted that you are having a good season, well done indeed and keep it going!

No: 29134
    Mudchute arrival 2:00 - 2:05
    Hope to finish in 3:05-ish.

Minimalist club attire.. light blue/navy/white quartered vest with my forum name in black capital letters above the race no. I'm about 6'2".

No offerings required thanks, a roar of encouragement will do nicely.

I wish all of you a great day whether running or supporting, I can't wait!