SUPPORT GROUP 7

Comments

• Barley, spans, fraggle,

RichK has let me know that raaaaaaaaaabbbit
    is not running, but supporting, so might be a spare place for me?

It's o.k if not, but would be nice.
  • ..whoops, i meant waaaaabit!
  • Hi Y'all

A big big thank you to Barley Fraggle and Spans for agreeing to do this.
    I have posted my drug crazed desire for sis gels and stuff in the update in the next post but would like to be able to get them to you in some way: I work in central london and off to expo tomorrow: if you have anywhere that I can send them / drop them off do let me know!
    See ya on sunders! and thanks so much once again

Cas
  • 007 UPDATE

Gold Rush - hoping to pass 17m in about 1:55ish,No=28883,White asics vest with black shorts,Male 5'8''short hair with distinguished grey highlights.....o.k old git. Just a hugh roar would be great.

Thundercat -looking at 3.15-3.30 should be at 17 about 2h 08mins white hat sunglasses
    green shirt just a big cheer and hopefully i will be able to wave back

Cas Hope to be with you around 2hrs 30mins as aiming for sub4. Wearing Green Macmillan Vest with "CAS" on it / Number 40,750. I am tall, dark and sweaty: I would love world peace, to travel and to help sick children but failing that 2 sis GO Gels preferably Orange and a large shout

Liam Kelly 4 (red 51547) would like a big old fashioned "looking good" cheer and a Banana if possible. aiming for around 2hrs 30ish

Fancy - even though my shirt name will not be the forum name, I would love a "GO FANCY" cheer to help me smile/grimace... and maybe some jelly beans/babies... I'm aiming for a 9.30 pace so 2.40-45?

Rio Fair I would love an energy bar please(double vodka and coke and a new pair of legs might be a good idea too!)Should arrive around 2hrs 40 with luck and a tail wind - THANKS

Beverley - Big cheer, a 'GO ON GIRL' and lots of air kisses. No 33870, white ARC vest, just below knee trousers, hair up, 5'2". Unlikely that I will stop as I don't think I would start again, but will look forward to seeing you. Aiming for 10 min pace so 2:50ish with Rio's tail wind ;-}

mokina - I have made some sophisticated calculations and I should be at mile 17 in 3:00 more or less. I'd love a banana and a very very loud cheer!! My number is 40424 and I'll have MOKINA printed on it (hopefully)

Norma - Finish in approx 4:30?

Alan Haley (Barley's mate) - Finish in approx 3:50, mile 17 approx 2:25-2:35

Dips - Mudchute = approx 2:50 Finish 4:30
    Nothing to wear at mo but I expect it will be Help the Hospice vest. Red Number 51181. Would like snogs (but not doing tongues), pom pom waves or just a cheer!

Old Timer - 2 and 3/4 hours and would appreciate a few jelly babies and plenty of mwahs, mwahs, or even sloppy wet ones to keep me going. (Just from the girls you understand!)

Run Rabbit Run

BK - )number is something like 11419)
    wearing a BHF top, with Mike rather than BK. Jelly beans is fine, I'm easy to please (oooerrrr!!) approx 2.5 hours

AnnaSpanna – (17368) wearing a Cancerbackup top. I’d quite like a hug, orange lucozade sport, loads of jelly babies and new legs (not that I’m demanding or anything). Should be there between 3 hrs and 3hrs 10…

Nigel Moore-(41121)wearing a navy blue make-a wish top with my name on.Plenty of support and a jelly babe or 2.Hope to be at Mudchute in 3 hours

Maryb - (34090) anticipate being at mudchute at about 4 and a bit hours - a good cheer and or a banana/lucozade drink would be fantastic if you are there. I'll be wearing a v v bright lime green asthma UK top, prob looking very frazzled .

Wardi - (29134) Mudchute arrival 2:00 - 2:05
    Hope to finish in 3:05-ish. Minimalist club attire.. light blue/navy/white quartered vest with my forum name in black capital letters above the race no. I'm about 6'2".
    No offerings required thanks, a roar of encouragement will do nicely.
    Send to friend

• Hiya . . just added photo's of Cas and Norma . .

and several from other Groups too . .

:)
  • hi all - I will be at the expo tomorrow - so if any of our supporters are there can bring along some goodies - I will be there about 6-8pm i think

Maryb
  • maryb, i can bring some stuff but 6 is too late, can i leave with someone else for you?

what would you like?
  • Blimey - I've just been out for 3 miles 'leg stretcher' and I didn't see another runner at all - its absolutely unheard of !!!

Sure is quiet out there ;-}

One more tomorrow and then that's it - the BIGGY !!!
  • lk4 am prob going in the early afternoon so might see ya.
  • text me when you are there and may be good to hook up 07971117966

ta ra
  • LK4 am tired and confused - I was going to take some for the supporters so they had stuff to take with them - isn't that the idea? - Am just going to stretch my legs for 30 mins or so , perhaps my brian will be clearer .
    M
  • Mary B, it is probably me confusing all and sundry, i just wanted to bring something along for the supporters to use on the day (jelly babies jelly beans etc) as your doing something to help the runners like me.

apologies for confusion.
  • Barley, spans, fraggle,

am i in?, out?, i don't want much, just a cheer would be nice, as i'm probably running on my own.
  • Sorry guys, have been away for a few days in sunny Wales... but I bring back a donation of a Bronze Medal which I won in the Welsh 5k champs <beam>!

Need for speed - in of course!!

Cas - i will email you... I work in London, but accept dodgy packages through the post (Rio - yours arrived safely on Saturday!)

Liam - don't worry about jelly babies etc, we have it covered... but if you have any special requests for gels or drinks, see above!!

Am getting evry excited for you all now...
  • cheers you guys, no spl requests as i am ok for stuff at the waterstation on x harbour where my mates work

so a big cheer, looking good, get a move on etc etc will do for me.

excited!, i've turned into a jelly fish and i've done it before !!!111
  • Gold RushGold Rush ✭✭✭
    Morning all,

Spans- Congratulations well done,what time did you get?
    I never thought I'd get support from a welsh champ medalist.....great stuff.

Well it was a gentle 6 miler last night for me with the middle 4 at marathon pace,felt nice and comfortable.
    Starting to get a bit paranoid now,my eldest daughter came home from school with a stinking cold and i was sharing a lift this morning with someone coughing and sneezing,time to go into isolation me thinks.

Welcome need for speed
  • hey...i'm in, thanks guys/gals,

question for those who have done a marathon before, would it be wise to try and eat something at mile 17 or do you think gels are enough to keep hunger at bay?, wondering if it's worth having a banana or flapjack thrown to/at me?

• I've never done a marathon before so I can't really take you that far but....

when I used gels at my 'practice' half marathon I don't think I ate properly for about 3 days !!!! I ate 3 as a practice and intend on taking 4 for the marathon - is that enough ?
  • nfs - how are you with solids and running? and what sort of time are you aiming for? I would say that if you haven't practiced with eating something on your long runs then i wouldn't do it... how have you felt when you have finished your long runs, and what distance did you cover?
  • Gold RushGold Rush ✭✭✭

I've only done the 2 mara's before so still a bit of a novice myself however on both occasions by the time I got to 18-20 miles my stomach had shut up shop.I even found it difficult to drink.
    I'm planning on carrying two sis go gels to take at about 9 and 18 miles and to try and get some lucoz sport down my neck inbetween.
    I think it depends on how hot it is and how long you're out on the course.
  • Gold RushGold Rush ✭✭✭
    Come on Spans... spill the beans, what was that 5k time?
  • GR - it wasn't great and I was really disapointed (I ran faster the other week in a 10k)... but it was 18:12...

I know what you mean about your stomach shutting up shop... i think that that was just after my brain had done the same thing!!
  • Spans

first of all 'well done' i know it's all relative, but that's bloomin' fast to most of us i think,

i have eaten a banana at 14 miles in to a 20 mile training run with a positive reaction and it didn't make me feel ill, I did the oakley 20 with 2 only gels, but felt very hungary at about 17 miles i've never ran further than that though, so was planning on more gels. I'm not a fast runner, and have suffered with injury on and off through most my FLM training. My oakley 20 time was 2hr 55mins, so i guess about 4 1/4 to 4 1/2 might be doable if all goes well and old a/t injury dosn't let me down?
  • Gold RushGold Rush ✭✭✭

Spans- Thats a very respectable time...Well done.

NFS-I would go with how you feel on the day if you think you could stomach a banana then go for it, but i wouldn't try anything new/different on the day.
  • nfs - we will have bananas at mile 17 , so if you have tried that before it might be worth you grabbing one!
  • 18 mins for 5k
    respectable?
    My god: Spans gonna rename you 007Paula: that is simply awesome: Tell you what I think that the best support is if i can tie my champion chip to your shoes and get you to run the race for me.....

Shall be sending you some sis gels in the post: thanks once again
  • Cas - i will look out for them! and I would offer to run for you, but a marathon is way too far for me at the mo... and besides, would you really want to waste all that training you have been doing?!
  • Spans

thanks again, will grab a banana if i'm up to it, great to know it's there if needed.
  • I am swopping my legs for Spans when I get there!! ;o)

did my stuff arrive ok?