Options

SUPPORT GROUP 7

Comments

• Options
    Rio - yes it all arrived safe and well on saturday!
  • Options
  • Options
    btw am going to expo later today if anyone is around

package off to spans....and now getting very very excited....
  • Options
    hi all, doing a gentle 4 tonight and 2 on sat both in race kit... just to get rid of a bit of nervous energy i think! Hardly feel like getting changed for a 2 miler but getting into race kit is soooo exciting. I work in westminster and keep seeing all the signs re the marathon and road closures... makes my stomach lurch around!

I was getting super nervous, but then realised I might not do london again - or at least not for a good few years (moving abroad next year) so I must enjoy all of it, especially the lead up!

new favourite song for running - Foo Fighters "No way back"

Going to the expo tomorrow... here we go guys!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Excellant stuff Spans, well done x

Need for Speed, why not try a few more gels. I usually 'do' a gel every 5 miles with one at the start. Works for me although some might think its a bit of an overload. I find the smell of food makes my stomach turn once I get to around 15 miles...all those stinky burger bars.

Right off to Sainsbury's for supermarket sweep.
  • Options
    I take a gel from half an hour in, then every half an hour to 45 mins so I'm looking to take 7 or 8 for the whole race! That's in addition to the pouches.

I also need to update you on my clothing. My Cancerbackup top has arrived and it's a kind of red. Not really a very nice red. Preferred the blue they had before. (sorry if anyone from cancerbackup is reading this!)

Gold Rush - hoping to pass 17m in about 1:55ish,No=28883,White asics vest with black shorts,Male 5'8''short hair with distinguished grey highlights.....o.k old git. Just a hugh roar would be great.

Thundercat -looking at 3.15-3.30 should be at 17 about 2h 08mins white hat sunglasses
    green shirt just a big cheer and hopefully i will be able to wave back

Cas Hope to be with you around 2hrs 30mins as aiming for sub4. Wearing Green Macmillan Vest with "CAS" on it / Number 40,750. I am tall, dark and sweaty: I would love world peace, to travel and to help sick children but failing that 2 sis GO Gels preferably Orange and a large shout

Liam Kelly 4 (red 51547) would like a big old fashioned "looking good" cheer and a Banana if possible. aiming for around 2hrs 30ish

Fancy - even though my shirt name will not be the forum name, I would love a "GO FANCY" cheer to help me smile/grimace... and maybe some jelly beans/babies... I'm aiming for a 9.30 pace so 2.40-45?

Rio Fair I would love an energy bar please(double vodka and coke and a new pair of legs might be a good idea too!)Should arrive around 2hrs 40 with luck and a tail wind - THANKS

Beverley - Big cheer, a 'GO ON GIRL' and lots of air kisses. No 33870, white ARC vest, just below knee trousers, hair up, 5'2". Unlikely that I will stop as I don't think I would start again, but will look forward to seeing you. Aiming for 10 min pace so 2:50ish with Rio's tail wind ;-}

mokina - I have made some sophisticated calculations and I should be at mile 17 in 3:00 more or less. I'd love a banana and a very very loud cheer!! My number is 40424 and I'll have MOKINA printed on it (hopefully)

Norma - Finish in approx 4:30?

Alan Haley (Barley's mate) - Finish in approx 3:50, mile 17 approx 2:25-2:35

Dips - Mudchute = approx 2:50 Finish 4:30
    Nothing to wear at mo but I expect it will be Help the Hospice vest. Red Number 51181. Would like snogs (but not doing tongues), pom pom waves or just a cheer!

Old Timer - 2 and 3/4 hours and would appreciate a few jelly babies and plenty of mwahs, mwahs, or even sloppy wet ones to keep me going. (Just from the girls you understand!)

Run Rabbit Run

BK - )number is something like 11419)
    wearing a BHF top, with Mike rather than BK. Jelly beans is fine, I'm easy to please (oooerrrr!!) approx 2.5 hours

AnnaSpanna – (17368) wearing a red Cancerbackup top. I’d quite like a hug, orange lucozade sport, loads of jelly babies and my motivational talk from Spans (not that I’m demanding or anything). Should be there between 3 hrs and 3hrs 10…

Nigel Moore-(41121)wearing a navy blue make-a wish top with my name on.Plenty of support and a jelly babe or 2.Hope to be at Mudchute in 3 hours

Maryb - (34090) anticipate being at mudchute at about 4 and a bit hours - a good cheer and or a banana/lucozade drink would be fantastic if you are there. I'll be wearing a v v bright lime green asthma UK top, prob looking very frazzled .

Wardi - (29134) Mudchute arrival 2:00 - 2:05
    Hope to finish in 3:05-ish. Minimalist club attire.. light blue/navy/white quartered vest with my forum name in black capital letters above the race no. I'm about 6'2".
    No offerings required thanks, a roar of encouragement will do nicely.
    Send to friend
  • Options
    Gold Rush - hoping to pass 17m in about 1:55ish,No=28883,White asics vest with black shorts,Male 5'8''short hair with distinguished grey highlights.....o.k old git. Just a hugh roar would be great.

Thundercat -looking at 3.15-3.30 should be at 17 about 2h 08mins white hat sunglasses

Cas Hope to be with you around 2hrs 30mins as aiming for sub4. Wearing Green Macmillan Vest with "CAS" on it / Number 40,750. I am tall, dark and sweaty: I would love world peace, to travel and to help sick children but failing that 2 sis GO Gels preferably Orange and a large shout

Liam Kelly 4 (red 51547) would like a big old fashioned "looking good" cheer and a Banana if possible. aiming for around 2hrs 30ish

Fancy - even though my shirt name will not be the forum name, I would love a "GO FANCY" cheer to help me smile/grimace... and maybe some jelly beans/babies... I'm aiming for a 9.30 pace so 2.40-45?

Rio Fair I would love an energy bar please(double vodka and coke and a new pair of legs might be a good idea too!)Should arrive around 2hrs 40 with luck and a tail wind - THANKS

Beverley - Big cheer, a 'GO ON GIRL' and lots of air kisses. No 33870, white ARC vest, just below knee trousers, hair up, 5'2". Unlikely that I will stop as I don't think I would start again, but will look forward to seeing you. Aiming for 10 min pace so 2:50ish with Rio's tail wind ;-}

mokina - I have made some sophisticated calculations and I should be at mile 17 in 3:00 more or less. I'd love a banana and a very very loud cheer!! My number is 40424 and I'll have MOKINA printed on it (hopefully)

Nothing to wear at mo but I expect it will be Help the Hospice vest. Red Number 51181. Would like snogs (but not doing tongues), pom pom waves or just a cheer!

Old Timer - 2 and 3/4 hours and would appreciate a few jelly babies and plenty of mwahs, mwahs, or even sloppy wet ones to keep me going. (Just from the girls you understand!)

Run Rabbit Run

wearing a BHF top, with Mike rather than BK. Jelly beans is fine, I'm easy to please (oooerrrr!!) approx 2.5 hours

AnnaSpanna – (17368) wearing a red Cancerbackup top. I’d quite like a hug, orange lucozade sport, loads of jelly babies and my motivational talk from Spans (not that I’m demanding or anything). Should be there between 3 hrs and 3hrs 10…

Nigel Moore-(41121)wearing a navy blue make-a wish top with my name on.Plenty of support and a jelly babe or 2.Hope to be at Mudchute in 3 hours

Maryb - (34090) anticipate being at mudchute at about 4 and a bit hours - a good cheer and or a banana/lucozade drink would be fantastic if you are there. I'll be wearing a v v bright lime green asthma UK top, prob looking very frazzled .

Hope to finish in 3:05-ish. Minimalist club attire.. light blue/navy/white quartered vest with my forum name in black capital letters above the race no. I'm about 6'2".

Need for speed (25302) mile 17 at around 2h.35 heart runners vest with small forum (mad tortoise on motorbike logo front and back and 'need for speed' around it + 'another dave' above number on front, wearing black lycra kooga shorts, a big cheer would be great, may pop in for a banana depending on how i feel?
  • Options
    Just updating!!

Need for speed (25302) mile 17 at around 2h.35 heart runners vest with small forum (mad tortoise on motorbike logo front and back and 'need for speed' around it + 'another dave' above number on front, wearing black lycra kooga shorts, a big cheer would be great, may pop in for a banana depending on how i feel?
  • Options
    I'm signing off and on my way to London, Good luck to every one in Group 7 and thanks Rich K. Brilliant!
  • Options
    Good luck OT x
  • Options
    Further UPDATE

Cas Hope to be with you around 2hrs 30mins as aiming for sub4. Wearing Green Macmillan Vest with "CAS" on it / Number 40,750. I am tall, dark and sweaty: I would love world peace, to travel and to help sick children but failing that 3 sis GO Gels preferably Orange and a large shout of "Pineapplechunks"

• Options
    Sunny with showers forecast for our fabulous support group to spend the day standing around in cheering madly and lifting our spirits

A high of 18C - almost bikini weather, eh?
  • Options
    sounds great annaspanna, although I think the bikini might be firmly hidden beneath my rain mac!
  • Options
    There's always the poncho, Spans...I'm sure I could dig it out for you!
  • Options
    Cas - have just read your update... LOL!!!
  • Options
    oooo poncho... sounds tempting... but I wouldn't really want to deprive you...
  • Options
    Gold RushGold Rush ✭✭✭
    Mmmm 18c a bit too hot for the runners

however if the female supporters are keen to wear bikini's I will happily put up with it!
  • Options
    18c - oh my God !!!

I went out in my kit last night - tried my sunglasses too..just in case. Looked a right muppet at 6pm on a cloudy day !!! But hey, it looks like the test was worth it if its going to be sunny

• Options
    GR - you wouldn't want to see me in a bikini - it would definitley put you off your race!!
  • Options
    Gold RushGold Rush ✭✭✭
    Hi Fraggle.......o.k then I'll let you wear an all-in-one!

Did you do the Duchy this year?
  • Options
    spans barley fraggle

am gonna be drinking in this pub with family, friends and some forumites and would welcome the opportunity to buy you guys a drink or two

do flick me a txt afters or anytime from 5am on race day on 07971117966

http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/11/1158/Adam_and_Eve/Westminster

Map

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x=529498&y=179483&z=0&ar=Y
  • Options
    that is after the race, probably not before........
  • Options
    GR - no didn't do the Duchy this year, though I may go back for a pastie next year.

Cheers cas - will see how long I'm up in Lahdan for.
  • Options
    excellent frags

Looking forward to a taste of your delicious imm instants: i love them like a man loves a woman.....
  • Options
    Why do they keep changing the weather forecast? It was going to be showery yesterday!! Now weather like last year!!

I wont know what to wear!! ;o)
  • Options
    rio

you will be fine as long as you dont dress up in in yellow children with leukemia shirt or carry an Mr Men like that very attractive woman in the picture just above this one........
  • Options
    ok then Cas thanks for that!!
    I am sorted then!
    Naked it is??? ;o)

or maybe I shall be boring and revert to the children with leukaemia vest, orange tutu and lots of Mr Men!
  • Options
    oh, that's you: sorry rio.....ho ho.
    Seen you around on various threads here and there.
    Perhaps catch you at the mudchute!

Just sniffing around to see if Spans got my package of gels.........
  • Options
    LOL

I think it would be me doing the catching Cas you will have been there and gone before I get in sniffing distance of my energy bar unfortunately!!